ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

very urgent query Eu national

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

samfam

very urgent query Eu national

Post by samfam » Tue May 23, 2023 8:09 pm

My 6 years old is eu national,born and living in Uk got settled status.
His Swedish passport got expired and from the past few months I have been trying very hard to get an appointment for renewal but no luck so far. After taking Swedish consulates suggestion we are planing to go to Sweden and get it made there and delivered here in Uk. We will travel to Sweden with Swedish emergency passport.
My question is,can he enter Uk on expired Swedish passport along with other nationality’s passport(he is dual national) just to add he has settled status in Uk.

Many thanks
Application sent : 8th Feb 2016 (Postal order)
Biometric received : 26th Feb 2016
Bimoetric sent : 26th Feb 2016
COA received : 1st March 2016 (with right of work)
Decision made : 8th Aug 2016
Residence card : 12th Aug 2016

alterhase58
Germany

Re: very urgent query Eu national

Post by alterhase58 » Tue May 23, 2023 9:14 pm

samfam wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:09 pm
My question is,can he enter Uk on expired Swedish passport along with other nationality’s passport(he is dual national) just to add he has settled status in Uk.
Is child's Settled Status linked to the now expired Swedish passport?
What is child's other nationality?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

samfam

Post by samfam » Wed May 24, 2023 3:47 pm

Yes Swedish is attached to settled status.other nationality is pakistani

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu May 25, 2023 10:23 am

samfam wrote:
His Swedish passport got expired and from the past few months I have been trying very hard to get an appointment for renewal but no luck so far. After taking Swedish consulates suggestion we are planing to go to Sweden and get it made there and delivered here in Uk. We will travel to Sweden with Swedish emergency passport.

Many thanks
Your child cannot enter the UK with an expired Swedish passport. The airlines would probably not carry him in the first place.
You need to either wait in Sweden and collect the passport, or you roll up your sleeves and do battle at the Swedish Embassy.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

samfam

Post by samfam » Thu May 25, 2023 12:35 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:23 am
samfam wrote:

Many thanks
Your child cannot enter the UK with an expired Swedish passport. The airlines would probably not carry him in the first place.
You need to either wait in Sweden and collect the passport, or you roll up your sleeves and do battle at the Swedish Embassy.
He will be traveling with valid pakistani passport(along with his expired swedish passport and emergency swedish passport) but my question will he be able to enter UK with pakistani passport and expired Swedish passport and show his settled status via online gov website?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu May 25, 2023 8:26 pm

samfam wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 12:35 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:23 am
samfam wrote:

Many thanks
He will be traveling with valid pakistani passport(along with his expired swedish passport and emergency swedish passport) but my question will he be able to enter UK with pakistani passport and expired Swedish passport and show his settled status via online gov website?
He would not have an emergency Swedish passport when coming back. It probably would be taken off you when you land in Sweden. Emergency travel documents are to take you from outside the country back into the country. Not to be used as normal travel documents back and forth.

Prepare to be stuck at Sweden as earlier advised. I'm not sure you can combine 2 countries passport like that. One valid for travel another expired to explain status.

How do you even explain that to the airline? I'm sure you know they get fined for not doing due diligence. Let's know how it pans out for you.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Don147
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Don147 » Fri May 26, 2023 12:45 am

He can enter back in the UK with his Pakistani’s passport and Residence Card (Settled Status), just link the passport with his EU Settled Status

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue May 30, 2023 6:00 pm

I would not bet on getting back into the U.K. with a Pakistani passport and an EU settlement document saying they are Swedish. Could be a very long wait at the airport or a return back to Sweden. AND that assumes the carrier lets you board….