ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visitor visa, changing flight dates during application?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

drwyness
Newly Registered

UK visitor visa, changing flight dates during application?

Post by drwyness » Fri May 26, 2023 2:33 am

Two questions here, the first is simple, is the 3 week processing time stated on the gov website realistic? We only have 3 weeks and 2 days between the flight and the appointment in the VAC but as detailed below this needs to be changed to over 4 weeks. Is it likely to be processed in time?

Second question, so the visa is actually for my girlfriend traveling from South Africa to visit me in the UK. She included her flight dates on the application as the 7th of June. However I work away and have been extended by 1 week and will be home later. Therefore we are looking to changing her flights to the 13th of June instead. Is this going to cause any problem with the visa application? I read that flight tickets are not even necessary but as she has already submitted them I am concerned that changing the dates now will raise a red flag if they check her booking and the original no longer exists. Also don't wan to leave changing the flight too late as its already pretty close. Any advice much appreciated. :)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: UK visitor visa, changing flight dates during application?

Post by AmazonianX » Fri May 26, 2023 6:03 am

drwyness wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 2:33 am
Two questions here, the first is simple, is the 3 week processing time stated on the gov website realistic? Some applicants got it within stated time others took longer. Lets know where yours falls when granted. We only have 3 weeks and 2 days between the flight and the appointment in the VAC but as detailed below this needs to be changed to over 4 weeks. Is it likely to be processed in time?

Second question, so the visa is actually for my girlfriend traveling from South Africa to visit me in the UK. She included her flight dates on the application as the 7th of June. However I work away and have been extended by 1 week and will be home later. Therefore we are looking to changing her flights to the 13th of June instead. Is this going to cause any problem with the visa application? I read that flight tickets are not even necessary but as she has already submitted them I am concerned that changing the dates now will raise a red flag if they check her booking and the original no longer exists. Also don't wan to leave changing the flight too late as its already pretty close. Any advice much appreciated. :)
If not all, most embassies and high commissions will tell you not to make travel plans till you get your visa so what you said is correct.
Since you have done so it is within your powers to change it however if you now change it (what is not necessary but which you have produced as evidence to support application) and CW checks flight booking status (which not sure CW will do) and it influences outcome of application .....