ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI on old passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sundeep1984
Newly Registered

OCI on old passport

Post by sundeep1984 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:44 am

Hi all

Just have a query, i am 39 years of age, my OCI was obtained on my old passport. My OCI or PIO stamp is in the old one.

Do I need to transfer the OCI to my new passport?

I have been told I can avoid that by taking my old passport with me too. But wanted your advice whats better. Personally I wouldn't want to carry old passport.

Or does it not need transferring at all?

ritishb
Newly Registered

Re: OCI on old passport

Post by ritishb » Fri May 26, 2023 12:39 pm

sundeep1984 wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:44 am
Hi all

Just have a query, i am 39 years of age, my OCI was obtained on my old passport. My OCI or PIO stamp is in the old one.

Do I need to transfer the OCI to my new passport?

I have been told I can avoid that by taking my old passport with me too. But wanted your advice whats better. Personally I wouldn't want to carry old passport.

Or does it not need transferring at all?
My OCI Card was issued in 2003 and it had my old UK passport number on it (that UK passport expired in late 2003) and I travelled to India in 2022 with only my current UK passport and OCI Card and there was no issue at the Indian immigration authority at Mumbai Airport about this. So it doesn't need transferring. I do know that you have to renew your OCI Card at age 50 or above depending on your passport expire date.