ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for the EUSS while having an ongoing visa application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

i2siss
Algeria

Applying for the EUSS while having an ongoing visa application

Post by i2siss » Thu May 25, 2023 4:47 am

Hi all,

Would applying for the EUSS automatically withdraw an ongoing visa application?

secret.simon

Re: Applying for the EUSS while having an ongoing visa application

Post by secret.simon » Fri May 26, 2023 4:32 pm

i2siss wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 4:47 am
Would applying for the EUSS automatically withdraw an ongoing visa application?
No.

You can simultaneously have one EUSS application and one on another rule of the Immigration Rules ongoing at the same time.
Paragraph EU10 of Appendix EU of the Immigration Rules wrote:(2) Paragraph 34BB of these Rules does not apply to applications made under this Appendix. Where a further valid application is made under this Appendix before a previous such application has been decided, the further application will be treated as an application to vary the previous application and only the latest application will be considered.

(3) Where a valid application is made under this Appendix before a previous valid application made under another part of or outside the Immigration Rules has been decided (or where a valid application is made under another part of or outside the Immigration Rules, or varied by a further such application, before a previous valid application made under this Appendix has been decided), both applications will be considered.

(4) Where both applications considered in accordance with sub-paragraph (3) above fall to be granted, the Secretary of State will inform the applicant that they satisfy the relevant criteria in respect of both applications and ask them to confirm which application they want to be decided and which they want to be treated as withdrawn. If the applicant does not so confirm within 14 days, the latest application will be decided and the other treated as withdrawn.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

i2siss
Algeria

Re: Applying for the EUSS while having an ongoing visa application

Post by i2siss » Sat May 27, 2023 6:30 am

Thank you, much appreciated.