ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extend spouse visa. Sole trader.Unaudited accounts provided by my wife who is ACCA qualified ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alvin5
Newly Registered

Extend spouse visa. Sole trader.Unaudited accounts provided by my wife who is ACCA qualified ?

Post by alvin5 » Mon May 29, 2023 5:16 pm

Hi All

Really appreciate it if someone could help me .

I am going to extend my spouse visa 2.5 yrs. I am self-employed sole trader. I found HO requires “unaudited accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant's certificate of confirmation”

My concern is if it is okay for my wife to issue the above . She is ACCA qualified accountant. And she helped me deal with my tax returns. HO doesn’t mention it has to be done by non-related third party. But I still worry about it. Many thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Extend spouse visa. Sole trader.Unaudited accounts provided by my wife who is ACCA qualified ?

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 29, 2023 5:34 pm

I wouldn’t use a close relative to issue audit certificates on my own accounts.
Every qualified accountant should know that.
And if it’s for an official purpose definitely not.
Speaking from experience having sat many exams and signed plenty of Codes of Conducts.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.