ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa and Housing issues

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MNR81
Newly Registered

spouse visa and Housing issues

Post by MNR81 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:58 am

Dear all,

My wife entered the UK on the 20th of October 2020 and therefore we are planning to apply for FLR in MAy after returing from holidays.

Suddently the landlord sent us an email advising his is planning to sell the flat where we live and hence we will have to leave in July 2023!

We are thinking to apply for housing association based on the fact we will have to vacate the property but not sure if this will impact the FLR application in anyway, on the housing website there mentioned the information will be shared with multiple agencies including the Home Office.

Thank you in advance for your help guys.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: spouse visa and Housing issues

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:52 am

MNR81 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:58 am
Dear all,

My wife entered the UK on the 20th of October 2020 and therefore we are planning to apply for FLR in MAy after returing from holidays.

Suddently the landlord sent us an email advising his is planning to sell the flat where we live and hence we will have to leave in July 2023!

We are thinking to apply for housing association based on the fact we will have to vacate the property but not sure if this will impact the FLR application in anyway, on the housing website there mentioned the information will be shared with multiple agencies including the Home Office.

Thank you in advance for your help guys.
You are applying in May when still at present address and to vacate July, should not be a problem.

HA likely informing HO shouldn't negatively impact the application.

MNR81
Newly Registered

Post by MNR81 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:50 am

thank you @AmazonianX

I am think we can apply now but not sure if it will be completed before our travel planned for the 15th of April.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:17 pm

MNR81 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:50 am
thank you @AmazonianX

I am think we can apply now but not sure if it will be completed before our travel planned for the 15th of April.
No assurance it will be out in time.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:08 pm

MNR81 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:58 am

Have a read of of this-

This guidance tells caseworkers and immigration officers about restrictions on migrant access to public funds since 1 January 2021. This includes social housing, homelessness assistance and other publicly funded support and assistance, as set out in immigration legislation.

Ensure you read the section entitled "Access to social housing and homelessness assistance"

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... assistance

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:14 pm

MNR81 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:50 am

Unless you are in a very rural area, I assume the wating list for a property is very long. If it is, you might want to start looking at private rentals.

Shelter has a useful site that is worth a read.

MNR81
Newly Registered

Post by MNR81 » Tue May 30, 2023 2:30 pm

Please see below, based on this i should be able to apply for housing on my name only. in my cases I am trying to buy a shared ownership

Joint tenancies
A joint tenancy cannot be granted to 2 or more people if any of them is subject to immigration control and ineligible for local authority housing. This applies both to local authority housing and to housing which is provided by a housing association as the result of a nomination by a local authority. A sole tenancy may be granted to someone who is eligible (for example a British citizen or person settled in the UK) but whose spouse/partner is not eligible. The ineligible spouse or partner is not counted as accessing public funds as a result of this.