ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Ties to Home Country

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

araj
Newly Registered
India

Rejection - Visitor Visa

Post by araj » Mon May 15, 2023 1:31 pm

I am currently in the UK on ILR(Tier 2 Route), living with my wife in a rented apartment. I wanted to bring my parents for two months in summer and applied for a visitor visa. But it got rejected

The Reasons that were given are
You state you are visiting the UK for 1 month 30 days for family visit and you are
retired with a pension of xxx,xxx.00 INR (£x,xxx.95) per year with savings of
yy,yyy.00 GBP. You state your sponsor will pay 5000.00 GBP towards your visit. I
have acknowledged that your sponsor in the UK are willing to provide adequate
support for a limited visit to the United Kingdom; however it is your circumstances
and intentions which are paramount in assessing your application.
 In support of your application you have submitted your personal bank statement and
other supporting documents.
 The information provided does not demonstrate you are in receipt of a pension, your
account shows deposits from an unknown source. Furthermore you have not
demonstrate you have yy,yyy.00 GBP in savings. I am therefore not satisfied that
you have accurately portrayed your financial circumstances. This in turn leads me to
doubt your intentions and credibility in wanting to travel on this occasion.
 I have taken into consideration all the remaining supporting information you have
enclosed in support of your application. I am not satisfied your intentions for wishing
to visit the UK at this time or that your current personal and financial circumstances in
your country of residency.
 Given the above I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose
that is permitted under the visitor route and that you will leave the UK at the end of
your visit. Your application is therefore refused under paragraph v4.2 (a), (c) of the
Immigration Rules.

The fact is we have submitted three documents to prove the financial
1) pension document stating monthly pension from the state treasury
2) One FD with the Treasury account
3) Another FD Statement from HDFC Account
4) Another savings bank statement from HDFC

The total (2+3+4) is equal to the total savings amount mentioned in the application. The pension document also covers the details of pension. He usually withdraws the pension as cash and spend it. The source of Fund in HDFC Savings and FD is from me, But the FD in the treasury account's source is retirement lumpsum.

What is the best way forward. I am confused what additional document need to be submitted. This is their first time travelling.
The Cash in HDFC is something i deposited for my parent. But the

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Rejection - Visitor Visa

Post by Ticktack » Mon May 15, 2023 2:40 pm

Not entirely sure how you want us to reason the solution when you've put XXXXXX in the money quota. How are we supposed to know if the money is too little or too much.

Anyways applying for parent to come spend 2 months in the UK is never going to work most times. The caseworker has probably never spent 1 month anywhere on holiday before, nor does he know any one that has. One can only think the only way they're programmed.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

araj
Newly Registered
India

Post by araj » Tue May 16, 2023 8:01 am

pension amount is 2200GBP a year and total savings is 11800 GBP. The savings were shown in three buckets

6000 GBP from Fixed deposit in Treasury Bank Account, Fund source is retirement lumpsum
4000 GBP HDFC Fixed Deposit, I deposited it.
1180 GBP is HDFC Savings account, I transferred this

Two months because, I want them to stay with us for some time, travel together within UK. it doesn't make sense to just come for a week and go back. They are retired and has time now.

The trip is entirely sponsored by me and i have submitted all the necessary financial details.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Tue May 16, 2023 9:13 am

Also remember that not only finances are important here.

A document showing ownership of any asset they have in the country of origin (a house, car, commercial premise, etc) also demonstrate ties to the country and their desire to come back once the visit ends.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue May 16, 2023 9:37 am

araj wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 8:01 am
pension amount is 2200GBP a year and total savings is 11800 GBP. The savings were shown in three buckets

6000 GBP from Fixed deposit in Treasury Bank Account, Fund source is retirement lumpsum Is this detailed in the transaction/bank details? Did you add any pension paperwork
4000 GBP HDFC Fixed Deposit, I deposited it. How soon before the application did you do this?
1180 GBP is HDFC Savings account, I transferred this Same as above. How soon?

Two months because, I want them to stay with us for some time, travel together within UK. it doesn't make sense to just come for a week and go back. They are retired and has time now. There's a saying when you're learning to drive. In order to pass your driving test, you need to hold the steering with both hands. Push and pull, and almost break your neck whilst doing the routine observations. When you actually pass the test, no one does all that.
You need to reduce the dates to get the visa. When you get the visa, you can spend 2 months if you like. It's not a big deal. travel plans change all the time.

The trip is entirely sponsored by me and i have submitted all the necessary financial details. Obviously the documents weren't detailed and fool proof enough.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue May 16, 2023 11:45 am

Burden of proof is on the person(s) making application hence why you need to prove your case to convince CW to grant visa or leave.
The flimsiest of reason and discrepancy is latched on.

araj
Newly Registered
India

Post by araj » Tue May 16, 2023 12:02 pm

So for pension, i submitted a document stating monthly pension from the treasury of India office. Its a single page letter with treasury seal.

For 6000 GBP FD: A similar letter was submitted for the FD @ Treasury, but that is an old FD, the cash for that FD is from retirement lumpsum, not sure how i can show the source for that

I can get a statement from treasury savings account, but thats again a simple document with debits and credits with a stamp of treasury seal.The whole of pension is taken out as cash every month and spend as cash.

The Fund in HDFC savings (1180) is from December deposit i made, this was like i think 2.5k and there were some transactions during the period.

The deposit for 4000 GBP FD was made first to the HDFC Account in March and then transferred to the FD account the same day.

What is recommended when i reapply
- Should i combine all financial documents, including, Treasury letters for Pension,FD and statement , HDFC Bank statement for FD and savings into one pdf. And add a cover letter at the beginning of PDF explaining each document, fund source.
- Or should i just remove the HDFC bank statement from the list and reduce the total savings in the application to 6000GBP and only show the Treasury FD.

How many days should i use as the duration for the visa. Are 15 days or 30days too much?

In the cover and invitation letter, should i refer to the earlier rejection and provide detailed proof to cover those grounds.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue May 16, 2023 1:10 pm

araj wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 12:02 pm
So for pension, i submitted a document stating monthly pension from the treasury of India office. Its a single page letter with treasury seal.

For 6000 GBP FD: A similar letter was submitted for the FD @ Treasury, but that is an old FD, the cash for that FD is from retirement lumpsum, not sure how i can show the source for that

I can get a statement from treasury savings account, but thats again a simple document with debits and credits with a stamp of treasury seal.The whole of pension is taken out as cash every month and spend as cash.

The Fund in HDFC savings (1180) is from December deposit i made, this was like i think 2.5k and there were some transactions during the period.

The deposit for 4000 GBP FD was made first to the HDFC Account in March and then transferred to the FD account the same day.

What is recommended when i reapply
- Should i combine all financial documents, including, Treasury letters for Pension,FD and statement , HDFC Bank statement for FD and savings into one pdf. And add a cover letter at the beginning of PDF explaining each document, fund source.
- Or should i just remove the HDFC bank statement from the list and reduce the total savings in the application to 6000GBP and only show the Treasury FD.

How many days should i use as the duration for the visa. Are 15 days or 30days too much? Ideally, 10-15 days.

In the cover and invitation letter, should i refer to the earlier rejection and provide detailed proof to cover those grounds.
As suspected. Sudden money to help buffer the account and help with the visa issuance. It might not be the true reason, but the ECO doesn't care. It helps him make his assessment. In my opinion there's really no way to justify this credits right now.

Wait 6 months and give it another go. Leave the funds in the account. When you eventually printout 6 months statement, it would show as opening balance and no need to be explained.

araj
Newly Registered
India

Post by araj » Tue May 16, 2023 4:14 pm

Do we need to submit 6 month bank statement? For my tier 2 and ILR i mostly submitted 3 month statements.

Is it worth applying now detailing the source of the deposit . Can also show the transaction in my NRE Account. And getting a detailed statement for pension from Treasury account. And i can also reduce the total savings in the application to 6000 corresponding to the Treasury FD.

Otherwise the trip will be postponed by a year.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue May 16, 2023 5:18 pm

araj wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 4:14 pm
Do we need to submit 6 month bank statement? For my tier 2 and ILR i mostly submitted 3 month statements. Present 6months bank statements for visit visa.

Is it worth applying now detailing the source of the deposit . Can also show the transaction in my NRE Account. And getting a detailed statement for pension from Treasury account. And i can also reduce the total savings in the application to 6000 corresponding to the Treasury FD.

Otherwise the trip will be postponed by a year.
Some reapply soon after a refused application and got it, some did and refused again, some waited and still did not get approved. There is no method to it, dependent on how evidenced based and convincing the application and supporting evidence.
Ultimately decision on when to apply lies with you.

araj
Newly Registered
India

Post by araj » Tue May 16, 2023 8:14 pm

Thank you @AmazonianX & @Ticktack

araj
Newly Registered
India

Visitor Visa Ties to Home Country

Post by araj » Sun May 28, 2023 4:04 pm

This is for my parents Visit visa. What can be shown to prove ties to the home country.

I am submitting the following financial documents
1. Pension Certificate
2. Pension Treasury Savings account Statement - 1 year, pension is withdrawn as cash
3. Treasury Fixed Deposit Statement - Will be using the amount here as the amount in savings session of application
4. Treasury Savings account - Shows interest payment from the FD Above
5. Bank Statement-private bank - 6 months, the treasury savings account balance is low
6. Fixed Deposit - Private Bank, - Recently deposited by me
7. Notarised affidavit for ownership of home and property

My brother also stay with my parents. Should I also include
- Brother's Passport to prove relationship and address
- Letter from his employer.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Visitor Visa Ties to Home Country

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 31, 2023 7:37 am

araj wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 4:04 pm
This is for my parents Visit visa. What can be shown to prove ties to the home country.

I am submitting the following financial documents
1. Pension Certificate
2. Pension Treasury Savings account Statement - 1 year, pension is withdrawn as cash
3. Treasury Fixed Deposit Statement - Will be using the amount here as the amount in savings session of application
4. Treasury Savings account - Shows interest payment from the FD Above
5. Bank Statement-private bank - 6 months, the treasury savings account balance is low
6. Fixed Deposit - Private Bank, - Recently deposited by me
7. Notarised affidavit for ownership of home and property

My brother also stay with my parents. Should I also include
- Brother's Passport to prove relationship and address
- Letter from his employer.
That's a nice spread of evidence you have up there.