ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) EXTENSION QUESTIONS !!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M) SPOUSE VISA - ACCOMMODATION QUESTION

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:29 am

mavaas11 wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:35 pm
Hi

For the classic I will be using my income i.e. benefits etc
For the savings, I will have my savings of £k

I will be using statements for both

just wanted to make sure even if the classic account drops to negative it wont be an issue even though its the same bank but separate account.

thanks amazonian x
So if the classic reflects your inflows/income only, no issues.

mavaas11

Post by mavaas11 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:28 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:29 am
mavaas11 wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:35 pm
Hi

For the classic I will be using my income i.e. benefits etc
For the savings, I will have my savings of £k

I will be using statements for both

just wanted to make sure even if the classic account drops to negative it wont be an issue even though its the same bank but separate account.

thanks amazonian x
So if the classic reflects your inflows/income only, no issues.

Thanks Much appreciated Amazonian !

mavaas11

Re: FLR(M) VISA - Savings Bank Statement Question

Post by mavaas11 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:35 pm

Hi All,

I have a dilemma regarding my savings and bank statements. I have 2 options what would be best
I have income coming into my bank account in my current account, and another account with the same bank for savings, same sort code but different account number.

Would it be better to;

1) Use my current account with income coming and keep my savings their
2) Use a few months bank statements for current account for benefits
and use 6 months bank statements for savings account, as I wouldn't worry about withdrawing too much and savings will keep constant.

Also is it true if i get Universal credit, Child benefit and adequate maintenance benefit. That I would only need 1 month bank statement for all these benefits. Or does it need to be 6 months. When I done a mock visa application, it said only 1 bank statement in last 12 months for adequate maintenance, and specified benefits i.e. UC, CB.

Also if I go negative with current account, would this affect my savings account with the same bank but different account number. Would it make the savings amount lower for the 6 months.

Thanks very much !

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:53 pm

mavaas11 wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:35 pm
Also is it true if i get Universal credit, Child benefit and adequate maintenance benefit. That I would only need 1 month bank statement for all these benefits. Or does it need to be 6 months. When I done a mock visa application, it said only 1 bank statement in last 12 months for adequate maintenance, and specified benefits i.e. UC, CB.
In order to be able to meet the adequate maintenance standard for sponsoring a family member rather than the Minimum Income Requirement, you need to be in receipt of a very specific list of benefits.
Appendix FM Section 1.7A - Adequate maintenance and accommodation caseworker guidance wrote:(Page 7)
• Disability Living Allowance
• Severe Disablement Allowance
• Industrial Injury Disablement Benefit
• Attendance Allowance
• Carer’s Allowance
• Personal Independence Payment
• Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
• Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme
Universal Credit and Child Benefit are not on the list. Therefore you do not qualify for sponsoring a family member under the adequate maintenance requirement.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

mavaas11

Post by mavaas11 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:15 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:53 pm
mavaas11 wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:35 pm
In order to be able to meet the adequate maintenance standard for sponsoring a family member rather than the Minimum Income Requirement, you need to be in receipt of a very specific list of benefits.
Appendix FM Section 1.7A - Adequate maintenance and accommodation caseworker guidance wrote:(Page 7)
• Disability Living Allowance
• Severe Disablement Allowance
• Industrial Injury Disablement Benefit
• Attendance Allowance
• Carer’s Allowance
• Personal Independence Payment
• Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
• Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme
Universal Credit and Child Benefit are not on the list. Therefore you do not qualify for sponsoring a family member under the adequate maintenance requirement.
Hi I get PIP, I just need the answer to my post please.

mavaas11

FLR(M) ONLINE APPLICATION QUESTION

Post by mavaas11 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:18 pm

Hi,

I will hopefully submit my wife's FLR(M) in July 2023. I was wondering can I start the online application now?
For example if the government updated the online application form anytime till July 2023, will this update also for my account.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M) ONLINE APPLICATION QUESTION

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:18 am

mavaas11 wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:18 pm
Hi,

I will hopefully submit my wife's FLR(M) in July 2023. I was wondering can I start the online application now?
For example if the government updated the online application form anytime till July 2023, will this update also for my account. changes of some requirements too That's another point to note

Thanks
Why start filling application 6months ahead? To achieve what? Most of the mandatory documentary evidence you require can not even be raised yet.
If you want a trial run of filling dummy application to know what the questions are like, that's understandable but actual application I won't do.

mavaas11

Post by mavaas11 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:18 pm

M

mavaas11

Post by mavaas11 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:19 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:18 am
mavaas11 wrote:
Hi,

For example if the government updated the online application form anytime till July 2023, will this update also for my account. changes of some requirements too That's another point to note

Thanks
Why start filling application 6months ahead? To achieve what? Most of the mandatory documentary evidence you require can not even be raised yet.
If you want a trial run of filling dummy application to know what the questions are like, that's understandable but actual application I won't do.
Thanks Amazonian, Yes I will do a dummy application, will start actual 2 months in advance. Cheers !!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:28 pm

mavaas11 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:19 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:18 am
mavaas11 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Thanks Amazonian, Yes I will do a dummy application, will start actual 2 months in advance. Cheers !!
Alright on that, should you have questions do ask them in your thread

mavaas11

FLRM SPONSORS PREVIOUS PASSPORT

Post by mavaas11 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:36 pm

Hello All,

for the FLRM Application, I the sponsor will include my full current passport.

Do I also need to include my previous passport? I did visit my wife abroad with stamps before her entry clearance visa, that passport is expired. Do I need to include previous sponsor passport and if I do is it all of it?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLRM SPONSORS PREVIOUS PASSPORT

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:51 pm

mavaas11 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:36 pm
Hello All,

Do I also need to include my previous passport? I did visit my wife abroad with stamps before her entry clearance visa, that passport is expired. Do I need to include previous sponsor passport and if I do is it all of it? Not required as it is not initial spouse visa where it could be used as evidence of subsisting relationship, your cohabitation documents sufficient for that proof for FLRM

Thanks

mavaas11

Re: FLRM SPONSORS PREVIOUS PASSPORT

Post by mavaas11 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:02 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:51 pm
mavaas11 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:36 pm
Hello All,

Do I also need to include my previous passport? I did visit my wife abroad with stamps before her entry clearance visa, that passport is expired. Do I need to include previous sponsor passport and if I do is it all of it? Not required as it is not initial spouse visa where it could be used as evidence of subsisting relationship, your cohabitation documents sufficient for that proof for FLRM

Thanks
Thanks Amazonian :)

mavaas11

FLR(M) EXTENSION QUESTIONS !!

Post by mavaas11 » Wed May 31, 2023 5:46 pm

Hello All,

I will be applying for my spouse’s visa extension in Late July 2023. I have a few questions.

1) I have an online bank statement the statement date says from 18 Jan, However it does say opening balance on 17 January, if my final statement date is 17 July, would that make it a full 6 months statement.

2) Is a GP Letter needed if I’m applying via the PIP route ?

3) My father is the homeowner, me and my spouse live with him, including my siblings and mother, we will supply the land registry title register, utility bills and no objection letter, possibly inspection report – Is Council Tax needed/ compulsory?

4) Can I go with my spouse to biometric, her English is not the best

5) How much days do I need to attend the biometric when the online application is submitted?

6) Do you need to take uploaded documents all of them to biometric appointment, as I’m uploading them online?

7) Is the third-party consent form needed, my spouse is named on 2 utility bills, with my father, so do I need to get them signed by my father (homeowner). My spouse is only listed in financial documentation, with me the sponsor, its only the utility I was asking.

Thank you very much, all replies by members are welcomed.
Kind regards

mavaas11

Re: FLR(M) EXTENSION UPLOAD QUESTIONS !!

Post by mavaas11 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:58 pm

Hi,

I am getting my documents together for the FLR(m).

1) I was wondering would it be better to combine, all accommodation evidence into 1 pdf.
All financial evidence into 1 pdf,
I will put probably cohabitation into 1 as well.

However, I will keep passports, bank statements, BRP, English certificate, IDs, marriage certificate etc all into separate single documents.

is this OK?

Thanks

mavaas11

Re: FLR(M) EXTENSION QUESTIONS !!

Post by mavaas11 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:16 pm

Also is a cover letter needed

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M) EXTENSION UPLOAD QUESTIONS !!

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:36 pm

mavaas11 wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:58 pm
Hi,

I am getting my documents together for the FLR(m).

1) I was wondering would it be better to combine, all accommodation evidence into 1 pdf.
All financial evidence into 1 pdf,
I will put probably cohabitation into 1 as well.

However, I will keep passports, bank statements, BRP, English certificate, IDs, marriage certificate etc all into separate single documents.

is this OK?

Thanks
If legible and not exceeding 6MB.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:38 pm

mavaas11 wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:16 pm
Needed if you have clarification to make on any matter which you reasonably believe the responses in the application form does not give full or true picture. Otherwise not needed.

mavaas11

Post by mavaas11 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:01 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:38 pm
mavaas11 wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:16 pm
Needed if you have clarification to make on any matter which you reasonably believe the responses in the application form does not give full or true picture. Otherwise not needed.
Hi

Yes my files, are under 6mb and in colour used like 150-300dpi. some docs are online ones so they fit. thanks

Also I'm applying via the PIP route, so was in two minds whether or not to include the cover letter, I will provide the award letter. it doesn't list my illness, so I am unsure, to be fair I rather not write one. Any guidance.

Thanks very much !!

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:45 pm

Cover letter is not mandatory.
since you are applying under Adequate maintenance, have you checked to ensure you meet adequate maintenance.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

mavaas11

Post by mavaas11 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:56 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:45 pm
Cover letter is not mandatory.
since you are applying under Adequate maintenance, have you checked to ensure you meet adequate maintenance.
Yes done the calcs, I pretty much left enough of a buffer to cover everything.

thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:06 pm

Everything is covered!

All the best and stop overthinking.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

mavaas11

Post by mavaas11 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:36 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:06 pm
Everything is covered!

All the best and stop overthinking.
Thanks Todd