ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Renewal documents question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SA_Stace
Newly Registered
South Africa

BRP Renewal documents question

Post by SA_Stace » Mon May 15, 2023 1:54 pm

Hi All

I am needing to renew my BRP (coming up for expiry after 10 years). One of the documents I need to provide is 'Original document showing grant of settlement, such as a vignette, passport, or RON 60 letter' I am not sure what this is, does anyone know?
I do have a copy of my Tier 1 biometrics card, but I would have sent the original back when I recieved my ILR. Do you think this counts?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: BRP Renewal documents question

Post by Ticktack » Mon May 15, 2023 2:44 pm

SA_Stace wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 1:54 pm
Hi All

I am needing to renew my BRP (coming up for expiry after 10 years). One of the documents I need to provide is 'Original document showing grant of settlement, such as a vignette, passport, or RON 60 letter' I am not sure what this is, does anyone know?
I do have a copy of my Tier 1 biometrics card, but I would have sent the original back when I recieved my ILR. Do you think this counts?

Any help would be appreciated.
Your ILR BRP is what is required. That's what grants you settlement.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

SA_Stace
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by SA_Stace » Mon May 15, 2023 8:53 pm

Thanks, it just seems a bit confusing as they also ask for that and it is 2 seperate bullets on the checklist form, I have my current BRP which I can provide, the check list makes the vignette/RON60 seem like something different.
These applications always stress me out that I may be missing something, so maybe I am being overly cautious.

check list asks for the below and they all seem to be mandatory
- The passport or travel document
- Original document showing grant of settlement, such as a vignette, passport, or RON 60 letter
- Current Biometric Residence Permit
- Any passport you have held since you have been granted settlement, including expired passports

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon May 15, 2023 9:07 pm

SA_Stace wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 8:53 pm
Thanks, it just seems a bit confusing as they also ask for that and it is 2 seperate bullets on the checklist form, I have my current BRP which I can provide, the check list makes the vignette/RON60 seem like something different.
These applications always stress me out that I may be missing something, so maybe I am being overly cautious.

check list asks for the below and they all seem to be mandatory
- The passport or travel document
- Original document showing grant of settlement, such as a vignette, passport, or RON 60 letter
- Current Biometric Residence Permit
- Any passport you have held since you have been granted settlement, including expired passports
Provide the above documents and should be alright. Note that some docs can serve or meet more than one requirements

SA_Stace
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by SA_Stace » Mon May 15, 2023 9:24 pm

Thanks, it makes it seem like they are all seperate documents, but if a document can check multiple items off than thats great, it would be great if that was more clear.

Qadeer786
Newly Registered

Post by Qadeer786 » Mon May 15, 2023 10:16 pm

I don't think i have a Ron 60 letter either.. or it is the letter with text stating BRP will be sent in 7 days (with home office reference number/case id etc).. I'm attaching this anyway to the uploads..

BRP is the only "original doc" that shows "SETTLEMENT", and my interpretation is that the sentence says "such as vignette..", so could include other things on the list :).

I should be done with my appointment over weekend, so will update back here on how it goes.. !

SA_Stace
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by SA_Stace » Tue May 16, 2023 12:15 pm

Qadeer786 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:16 pm
I don't think i have a Ron 60 letter either.. or it is the letter with text stating BRP will be sent in 7 days (with home office reference number/case id etc).. I'm attaching this anyway to the uploads..

BRP is the only "original doc" that shows "SETTLEMENT", and my interpretation is that the sentence says "such as vignette..", so could include other things on the list :).

I should be done with my appointment over weekend, so will update back here on how it goes.. !
Awesome thanks, would love an update of how your appointment goes. Good luck with it

Qadeer786
Newly Registered

Post by Qadeer786 » Sat May 20, 2023 11:02 pm

SA_Stace wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 12:15 pm
Awesome thanks, would love an update of how your appointment goes. Good luck with it
I had been to my appointment today and nothing much asked really as UKVCAS only take the biometrics and submit the application.. Just checked that the mandatory docs are uploaded, took the biometrics and submitted the application.. Done in 10-15mins..

Now the wait.. Guess it can be between 8 weeks to 6months :) fingers crossed!

SA_Stace
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by SA_Stace » Sun May 21, 2023 6:09 pm

Qadeer786 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 11:02 pm
SA_Stace wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 12:15 pm
I had been to my appointment today and nothing much asked really as UKVCAS only take the biometrics and submit the application.. Just checked that the mandatory docs are uploaded, took the biometrics and submitted the application.. Done in 10-15mins..

Now the wait.. Guess it can be between 8 weeks to 6months :) fingers crossed!
Thanks for the update. Good luck! Hope it comes through quickly.

Lactoshiva
Newly Registered

Post by Lactoshiva » Wed May 31, 2023 6:20 pm

Hi,
Got my ILR BRP in 2013 and is expiring in October 23 .Can you please help me with the questions as below:

1.when is the earliest I can apply for ILR BRP renewal?I get mixed responses like 28 days before expiry,3 months and 6 months before expiry when tried to contact UK visa office.

2.Do I need to submit my current ILR BRP to process the BRP renewal application?If yes, do they return back immediately or keep it till the application is processed.

3.Can I travel when the BRP renewal application is in process or the current ILR BRP will become void once you submit the application for the BRP renewal?
I am Planning to travel to India in July since the the current BRP is valid till october 2023 hence the question

Thanks in advance

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed May 31, 2023 6:28 pm

Probably should've branched out in your own topic, but oh well.
Lactoshiva wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:20 pm
1.when is the earliest I can apply for ILR BRP renewal?I get mixed responses like 28 days before expiry,3 months and 6 months before expiry when tried to contact UK visa office.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-service
If your BRP has less than 3 months validity you may want to replace it now if you need to prove your right to work or rent or you are travelling outside the UK.
At the very least - 3 months; not sure about 6 months. It was mentioned on the forums renewal may take up to 6 months.
Lactoshiva wrote:
2.Do I need to submit my current ILR BRP to process the BRP renewal application?If yes, do they return back immediately or keep it till the application is processed.
Certainly not physical card; not sure if you need to lodge in a photocopy.
Lactoshiva wrote:
3.Can I travel when the BRP renewal application is in process or the current ILR BRP will become void once you submit the application for the BRP renewal?
ILR as a status is not attached to the card; card is there just to prove it. You can travel as long as your BRP is valid, as otherwise you won't be let on a plant into UK.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.