ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Outside the UK - Priority service

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mazsid
Newly Registered

Outside the UK - Priority service

Post by Mazsid » Mon May 29, 2023 8:49 am

Hi All

We recently applied for my husbands spouse visa from outise the UK. On the home office website only standard service was available. We then went on to the vfs global page and was asked to choose priority service. I clicked on it which took me to the next page to select and appointment but only standard appointments were available for the next 2 months. As we did not want to delay it any further we selected a standard appointment for biometrics. Which was conducted on 25th may 2023.

My understanding was that they send an email with a link to get it prioritised and make the payment of £573 and I thought probably thats the reason that no priority service visa appointments are showing up.

Are there still any chances of getting an email with a link to make it priority?

Can I contact them to ask for a link, if yes where can i contact them?

I would really appreciate any responses.

Thanks in advance

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Outside the UK - Priority service

Post by AmazonianX » Mon May 29, 2023 1:12 pm

Not aware of outside UK application being considered for priority service post Biometrics appointment.

Mazsid
Newly Registered

Post by Mazsid » Tue May 30, 2023 12:01 am

Thank you ..

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed May 31, 2023 8:43 am

The priority service available on the VFS Global website and the biometrics appointment are separate.

If you wanted the priority service, you would have had to purchase it regardless of which biometrics appointment you got.

They normally require you to purchase it prior to or at the biometrics appointment.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Mazsid
Newly Registered

Post by Mazsid » Wed May 31, 2023 3:49 pm

Yeah you are right. I was given the choice to pick priority which I clicked on and clicked next.

It then took us to the next page and only showed us standard appointment for the next 2 months.

So I had to settle for a standard appointment. Which was free.

Is there any other way to get this prioritised?
Biometric appt was completed on 25-05-23

I have seen some videos where they said, the Home office might send email to get the application prioritised.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed May 31, 2023 6:08 pm

Some members have reported getting offered the priority afterwards.

You will have to wait and see if the offer is made but besides that I doubt that there is anything more you can do from your end to get it.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Mazsid
Newly Registered

Post by Mazsid » Wed May 31, 2023 8:36 pm

Yeah, fingers crossed. Hopefully they send an email.

Thanks for your response