ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Visas and Course Changes

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Davis

Switching Visas and Course Changes

Post by Davis » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:17 pm

hi all,

i have 2 questions:
1. my friend and myself is still still doing undergraduate and will finish in Aug 2010, can we apply or be eligible for switching into any of the PBS maybe tier 1 or 2 or 3, during my our first extension which is next year April, i know automatically will be categorise as tier 4 as from next year anyway. but is it possible to switch?

2. i just read this rule today abour breaking off courses means i can only stayed maximum of 2 years, If you attend a succession of short courses below degree level the maximum time you can stay in total as a student is two years. A short course is a course less than one year long or longer courses broken off before completion.

my previous course was ACCA ,...although my new course is a Bsc Computing. i have changed my course Once since i entry in 2006.

does this affects me subsequently at all? if decide to study and live in the UK more.

thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:09 pm

You will become a tier 4 student as you say. Your previous history will not come into play. The rule you point to is to stop people endlessly changing courses to notch up the years in country.
People on tier 4 can change courses BUT need another certificate from the new licensed college uni school etc. No more changing without permission.

As for going onto tier 1 & 2 - 3 is indefinitely suspended!
Yip you can apply for tier 1 & 2 once you graduate depending on meeting the requirements for the various tiers and sub categories.

Davis

Post by Davis » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:33 pm

excellent advice!. thanks