ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Sponsor continue to claim Working Tax Credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

williammyg
Newly Registered

Can Sponsor continue to claim Working Tax Credit

Post by williammyg » Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:14 pm

Hello,

I currently receive Working Tax Credit. I am 69 years old and so I believe this will change to Pension Credit some time in 2024.

November this year I will be applying for a Fiance visa for my Philipina GF. When we receive the Fiance visa (fingers crossed), will I still be able to claim Tax credit, or later Pension credit, for myself (even though I won't be able to claim it for my NRPF fiance / eventual spouse)?

Any help much appreciated. I tried searching for topics on this but got lost and confused. :oops:

Kind regards,

William

Amber
Mood:

Re: Can Sponsor continue to claim Working Tax Credit

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:50 pm

I assume you’re still in work if claiming working tax credits. I assume your fiancé is under state pension age. Once you marry or begin to live together as a couple your tax credits claim will end and you cannot make a new claim for tax credits. Pension credit is somewhat different, usually a mixed aged couple cannot make a new claim for pension credit, it has to be UC, however, if your partner is subject to immigration control, you can make a single person claim for pension credit, in which your partner’s income and capital would be disregarded. Entitlement to pension credit would depend on a means test - there may be no entitlement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Can Sponsor continue to claim Working Tax Credit

Post by JB007 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:03 pm

williammyg wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:14 pm
Hello,

I currently receive Working Tax Credit. I am 69 years old and so I believe this will change to Pension Credit some time in 2024.

November this year I will be applying for a Fiance visa for my Philipina GF. When we receive the Fiance visa (fingers crossed), will I still be able to claim Tax credit, or later Pension credit, for myself (even though I won't be able to claim it for my NRPF fiance / eventual spouse)?

Any help much appreciated. I tried searching for topics on this but got lost and confused. :oops:

Kind regards,

William
Always ask for links when people respond to you, to ensure they are giving the correct information.

From the gov.uk site
Benefit calculators
https://www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

And from the Entitledto site mentioned there-
If your partner has a different immigration status
https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guid ... ion-status