ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment Pending

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

OphirE
Newly Registered

Payment Pending

Post by OphirE » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:24 pm

Hello everyone,

I submitted my naturalisation application today (Tier 2 + 1 year ILR), and my application has been stuck on payment pending for hours now. I have not received any payment confirmation/rejection email, but the credit card account shows the payment went through (but is also pending there). Has anyone had this issue too? My application is quite time-sensitive, so I am worried this won't be resolved.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Payment Pending

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:54 pm

Normally any card payment is held pending on your account for a couple of days until cleared through the system. So it’s authorised. There may be systems delays or issues but we wouldn’t know.

Why is your application time sensitive?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

OphirE
Newly Registered

Post by OphirE » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:07 pm

Oh just because of the logistics of when I was in the UK exactly 5 years ago. I can afford a day or two delay but after than I would have to delay my application a good couple of weeks.

My worry isn't so much that it is pending on the Amex site but rather the pending payment on the application itself. I know it's normal for credit card payments to be pending for a few days, just wasn't sure if it was maybe related to the pending payment issue. As far as I know, it's always like this when paying for visa apps with credit cards.

What really worries me is a search of the issue online has brought up posts from a couple of years ago where the person had to submit and pay for a whole other application, and then wait months for the first application's payment to be refunded.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:30 pm

Let’s hope this is just a glitch on the UKVI side.
The scenario you mentioned is due to cancellation by applicants and long wait for refund. I wouldn’t cancel unless there is a major issue with the application itself.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

OphirE
Newly Registered

Post by OphirE » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:16 pm

Actually, to my understanding, they had to cancel their application only because their first one got stuck on the payment processing page. That's what I'm worried is happening

OphirE
Newly Registered

Post by OphirE » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:21 pm

I'm updating here in case anyone has the same problem as me and finds this post: We finally got the refund for the original application's fee, and the second application is still under consideration (hoping for an outcome soon). It took months and multiple emails back and forth with technical support, but eventually, they recognised the issue with that application, cancelled it and issued a refund.

ChanCaal20
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by ChanCaal20 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:14 pm

Out of interest why did the application show payment pending - is it to do with paying with an AMEX card? I would like to do our payment with our AMEX as it has a high limit but don’t want to be messed around with it if they don’t accept AMEX as a form of payment..
Thank you

OphirE
Newly Registered

Post by OphirE » Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:36 pm

It was a glitch on their end. We paid with the same Amex the second time and it went through fine.

KianKiani
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by KianKiani » Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:18 pm

:| Unfortunately, I have the same problem! I have emailed the technical team to see if they can fix this issue from their end! 2 weeks have passed and haven't heard back from them! The timeframe for resolving this issue is unknown.