ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Didn't book or attend an appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zjz
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Didn't book or attend an appointment

Post by zjz » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:24 pm

Hi, I just realised something major and wondering what I should do now.

Since submitting the application and documents via IDV last year, I thought I have been waiting for a decision but heard nothing. I wrote to Further Nationality Enquiries several times and only got one templated response on 24 March 2023 confirming they have my application and it’s in progress and the standard timeline is 6 months. However as it’s approaching one year anniversary this week, I read up on the posts in the forum and realised that I confused submitting the documents with attending an appointment - I did not attend nor provide biometrics.

It is completely my oversight as I went through a difficult time last summer. I wonder what I should do now or what can I do? Re-submit an application and pay the fee again? Any response appreciated.

Eligibility criteria: 5 year spouse + 1 yr ILR
Nationality: Non-EU
Method of application: Online
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11 June 2022
Date of debit of fees: 11 June 2022
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 11 June 2022
Docs uploaded via UKVCAS: 24 June 2022
Biometrics appointment: Did not book or attend