ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa for Mother-in-law

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

raheem_ehsan

Visit Visa for Mother-in-law

Post by raheem_ehsan » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:08 pm

Dear Experts,

I need your help again, please.

I have an ILR under 5 year route, and am about to attend the Citizenship ceremony mid-July this year.

My wife and 3 year old daughter, still on PBS dependant, are eligible to become permanent residents early next year and are currently visiting India and returning to the UK early July.

My wife is pregnant with our second child and we expect the delivery to happen at the end of July or early September.

For reasons such as limited days my wife can stay in India due to ILR requirements and assuming I would have to apply for a dependent visa for our newborn to be able to travel (costly affair), we intend to welcome the newborn here in the UK. However, my wife is very concerned about the pre and post delivery rest period and she desperately wishes for her mother to be with us during this period.

We have now decided to apply for a visit visa for my mother-in-law and sister-in-law (around 9 years old) for family support and no other intention, not even tourism. I am prepared to host them both in our 1 bedroom property (living room can be used as a second bedroom easily) and take care of food, local travel (if and when required), utilities and daily needs.

Family Background:
The remaining members in my wife's family are grandfather, grandmother, father, younger brother and two more younger sisters. The siblings are all students and will stay back home to continue with their studies.

Grandfather: retired government employee. Resides in the same residential house. Financially independent of my father-in-law as he receives monthly pension and other regular rent income from properties that he owns.

Father-in-law: self employed, mainly takes care of farm lands and does property buying and selling on his own, however, not registered with the local municipal body.

Mother-in-law: Homemaker

Financial summary:
Due to the nature of business, father-in-law has fluctuating income, the bank statements (of two different bank accounts) reflect some large amounts of deposits and withdrawals and lacks consistent savings (some months with healthy savings are some not). He owns a few properties with his name and is the joint owner of the house that they all reside in.

Mother-in-law does not work, however, she receives random payments from different sources (basically the account is used by my father-in-law) and also has a fluctuating balance each month. She has properties on her name.

Grandfather as mentioned earlier has a stable monthly income and healthy outlook. Further, does own properties

Now my questions are:

1) What would be the best way to apply for her visit considering the financial summary.
2) How much savings is required for two months of stay in the UK considering the costs involved are taken care of by me as mentioned above?
3) Can we get grandfather to sponsor considering their personal financial situation? If so, what documents are needed and how much should he commit to sponsor? I personally do not have enough money to show that I can take care of the financials completely including travel tickets, hence the thought of grandfather support is being entertained for visa purposes.
4) Is a 1 bedroom property as described above sufficient to convince the UKVI?
5) How much amount should I show in my personal bank account as the host and for how many months to host them both for two months with no tourism involved and what other documents are required from me?
6) Should we still provide bank statements of my father-in-law and mother-in-law?

I understand that my post is too long, however, I would really and gratefully appreciate your help in this urgent situation for me.

Thanks and regards

Raheem

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Visit Visa for Mother-in-law

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:58 am

raheem_ehsan wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:08 pm
Dear Experts,

I need your help again, please.

I have an ILR under 5 year route, and am about to attend the Citizenship ceremony mid-July this year.

My wife and 3 year old daughter, still on PBS dependant, are eligible to become permanent residents early next year and are currently visiting India and returning to the UK early July.

My wife is pregnant with our second child and we expect the delivery to happen at the end of July or early September.

For reasons such as limited days my wife can stay in India due to ILR requirements and assuming I would have to apply for a dependent visa for our newborn to be able to travel (costly affair), we intend to welcome the newborn here in the UK. However, my wife is very concerned about the pre and post delivery rest period and she desperately wishes for her mother to be with us during this period.

We have now decided to apply for a visit visa for my mother-in-law and sister-in-law (around 9 years old) for family support and no other intention, not even tourism. I am prepared to host them both in our 1 bedroom property (living room can be used as a second bedroom easily) and take care of food, local travel (if and when required), utilities and daily needs.

Family Background:
The remaining members in my wife's family are grandfather, grandmother, father, younger brother and two more younger sisters. The siblings are all students and will stay back home to continue with their studies.

Grandfather: retired government employee. Resides in the same residential house. Financially independent of my father-in-law as he receives monthly pension and other regular rent income from properties that he owns.

Father-in-law: self employed, mainly takes care of farm lands and does property buying and selling on his own, however, not registered with the local municipal body.

Mother-in-law: Homemaker

Financial summary:
Due to the nature of business, father-in-law has fluctuating income, the bank statements (of two different bank accounts) reflect some large amounts of deposits and withdrawals and lacks consistent savings (some months with healthy savings are some not). He owns a few properties with his name and is the joint owner of the house that they all reside in.

Mother-in-law does not work, however, she receives random payments from different sources (basically the account is used by my father-in-law) and also has a fluctuating balance each month. She has properties on her name.

Grandfather as mentioned earlier has a stable monthly income and healthy outlook. Further, does own properties

Now my questions are:

1) What would be the best way to apply for her visit considering the financial summary.
2) How much savings is required for two months of stay in the UK considering the costs involved are taken care of by me as mentioned above?
3) Can we get grandfather to sponsor considering their personal financial situation? If so, what documents are needed and how much should he commit to sponsor? I personally do not have enough money to show that I can take care of the financials completely including travel tickets, hence the thought of grandfather support is being entertained for visa purposes.
4) Is a 1 bedroom property as described above sufficient to convince the UKVI?
5) How much amount should I show in my personal bank account as the host and for how many months to host them both for two months with no tourism involved and what other documents are required from me?
6) Should we still provide bank statements of my father-in-law and mother-in-law?

I understand that my post is too long, however, I would really and gratefully appreciate your help in this urgent situation for me.

Thanks and regards

Raheem
You haven't mentioned how they/you plan to afford the flight tickets to the UK. Between the pair of them, you might be looking at almost £5k.
Tough one, but if you have £10k upwards in savings, that's a start (if you plan to add international travel to the mix).

Your one bed room isn't a problem. The problem normally arises from cost of travel and general upkeep for the duration of visit.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

raheem_ehsan

Post by raheem_ehsan » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:43 am

Dear Ticktack,

Thank you for taking time and for the assessment.

You haven't mentioned how they/you plan to afford the flight tickets to the UK
My father-in-law will be taking care of the tickets for both of them.

you might be looking at almost £5k.
Tough one, but if you have £10k upwards in savings, that's a start (if you plan to add international travel to the mix).

To make it clear, the current balance amongst the three bank accounts (one of my mother-in-law's and two of my father-in-law's) is well over £5K. Further, grandfather's account has savings well over £5K as well.
1) would the grandfather's bank balance help at all if he intends to sponsor?
2) The only challenging part regarding the three bank accounts between mother-in-law and father-in-law is to justify the deposits and withdrawals as they were done at individual levels as my father-in-law is not registered as a real estate agent.

Your one bedroom isn't a problem. The problem normally arises from cost of travel and general upkeep for the duration of visit.
I only have the savings about £3K and of this £3K I deposited £2.5K in the back account just few days ago as I had it in cash with me, so I didn't effectively had it for more than a few days in my account. Would this be a problem?

Another most important question I have is, what if we tell UKVI that they will be travelling for just about 20 days and intend to arrive very close to the expected delivery date and will return back to India due to other children's school and college commitments. What challenges can we anticipate given the situation in this scenario?

I really appreciate your help with this. Thank you so much again!

Kind regards,

Raheem

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:03 am

raheem_ehsan wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:43 am
Dear Ticktack,

My father-in-law will be taking care of the tickets for both of them. Presumably, they've had decent balance for the last 6 months.

you might be looking at almost £5k.

To make it clear, the current balance amongst the three bank accounts (one of my mother-in-law's and two of my father-in-law's) is well over £5K. Further, grandfather's account has savings well over £5K as well. So between them, we're looking at £10k. I hope none of the accounts is a business account? Business accounts don't count!
1) would the grandfather's bank balance help at all if he intends to sponsor? Personal account could help.
2) The only challenging part regarding the three bank accounts between mother-in-law and father-in-law is to justify the deposits and withdrawals as they were done at individual levels as my father-in-law is not registered as a real estate agent. I ask again, is this a business account??

Your one bedroom isn't a problem. The problem normally arises from cost of travel and general upkeep for the duration of visit.
I only have the savings about £3K and of this £3K I deposited £2.5K in the back account just few days ago as I had it in cash with me, so I didn't effectively had it for more than a few days in my account. Would this be a problem? It could look like you're trying to create a false impression of financial security. But you're not the applicant. Presumably, you're working full time. Attach your payslips for 6 months and letter showing what your annual income is. That would show a steady source of income.

Another most important question I have is, what if we tell UKVI that they will be travelling for just about 20 days and intend to arrive very close to the expected delivery date and will return back to India due to other children's school and college commitments. What challenges can we anticipate given the situation in this scenario? Shave it down to 15 days. Always better to keep it simple. You can stay for the planned 2 months after visa has been approved.

I really appreciate your help with this. Thank you so much again! Your documents would help, but the deal clincher are what your in-laws provide.

Kind regards,

Raheem

raheem_ehsan

Post by raheem_ehsan » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:37 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:03 am
raheem_ehsan wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:43 am
Dear Ticktack,

My father-in-law will be taking care of the tickets for both of them. Presumably, they've had decent balance for the last 6 months.
Currently, yes, all three accounts have the balance over £2k each. However, I should have been clearer that at some point in the past 6 months the accounts saw dip as low as £100 and inflation as high as £10K. I am struggling to justify this to UKVI without proper traceable evidence of sale of property as in India majority of land transactions are done with hard cash and lands be passed on to the new owner whilst the property is still under the previous seller to save the cost of registration by most individual in this business.

You might be looking at almost £5k.

To make it clear, the current balance amongst the three bank accounts (one of my mother-in-law's and two of my father-in-law's) is well over £5K. Further, grandfather's account has savings well over £5K as well. So between them, we're looking at £10k. I hope none of the accounts is a business account? Business accounts don't count!
All the three bank accounts are perosnal and none business

1) would the grandfather's bank balance help at all if he intends to sponsor? Personal account could help.
Yes, it is personal

2) The only challenging part regarding the three bank accounts between mother-in-law and father-in-law is to justify the deposits and withdrawals as they were done at individual levels as my father-in-law is not registered as a real estate agent. I ask again, is this a business account??
No, the accounts are personal.

I only have the savings about £3K and of this £3K I deposited £2.5K in the back account just few days ago as I had it in cash with me, so I didn't effectively had it for more than a few days in my account. Would this be a problem? It could look like you're trying to create a false impression of financial security. But you're not the applicant. Presumably, you're working full time. Attach your payslips for 6 months and letter showing what your annual income is. That would show a steady source of income.
I am a full-time employee and can provide payslips

Another most important question I have is, what if we tell UKVI that they will be travelling for just about 20 days and intend to arrive very close to the expected delivery date and will return back to India due to other children's school and college commitments. What challenges can we anticipate given the situation in this scenario? Shave it down to 15 days. Always better to keep it simple. You can stay for the planned 2 months after visa has been approved.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will trim it down to 15 days.

I really appreciate your help with this. Thank you so much again! Your documents would help, but the deal clincher are what your in-laws provide.

Kind regards,

Raheem

raheem_ehsan

Post by raheem_ehsan » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:23 pm

Dear Ticktack,

I hope you are all keeping well!

Could you kindly have a look at my previous response and let me know your feedback please.

Another piece of information I have just come across from my father-in-law is that he receives rents from different properties which comes upto about £2K a month. However, they all are done in cash. He does have proof of these transactions in the form of receipts. Would this help at all and how difficult it is to convince UKVI of these transactions that regularly happen in cash every month?

I look forward to receiving help from you and please let me know if you need any further information.

Have a good day!

Kind regards

Raheem

zaynab79

Post by zaynab79 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:01 pm

Are there rental agreements that you could show including the receipts ? The amount in receipts and bank statements should be same.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:18 am

raheem_ehsan wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:23 pm
Dear Ticktack,

Could you kindly have a look at my previous response and let me know your feedback please.

Another piece of information I have just come across from my father-in-law is that he receives rents from different properties which comes upto about £2K a month. However, they all are done in cash. He does have proof of these transactions in the form of receipts. Would this help at all and how difficult it is to convince UKVI of these transactions that regularly happen in cash every month?

I look forward to receiving help from you and please let me know if you need any further information.

Have a good day!

Kind regards

Raheem
Can subsequent payments be deposited in bank ...exact amount?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:40 am

raheem_ehsan wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:23 pm
Dear Ticktack,

Have a good day!

Kind regards

Raheem
Ask him to have the tenants sign a little paper showing that monthly rent X paid to James by me monthly. Name and signature.
Payment received by me J. Bond name and signature.

Have 6 months of them and let him show that X was deposited into his account monthly. If he keeps the monies under his pillow, then I wouldn't know how to evidence that.

raheem_ehsan

Post by raheem_ehsan » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:34 pm

Thank you so much for your replies.

To confirm, he does have hand written receipts from each month and tenancy agreements for all the properties on rent. However, only a very small portion, approximately £200 a month deposited by one of the tenants and the rest are dealt in cash each month.
It is not an issue to get the agreement and payment confirmed in a letter from the tenants, I can assist him to write and get the letters signed.

As it stands, in the town where I and my in-laws are from, day to day activities generally happen with cash and not everywhere electronic payments are accepted. Though, some merchants do use services like GPay (google Pay). In fact, I checked, he pays the electricity and property tax bills by cash. This is one of the reasons why he and the majority of the population tend to deal in cash rather than using bank accounts. Do you guys think this can be an acceptable reason from UKVI's perspective?

Thanks and regards

Raheem

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:25 am

raheem_ehsan wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:34 pm
Thank you so much for your replies.

To confirm, he does have hand written receipts from each month and tenancy agreements for all the properties on rent. However, only a very small portion, approximately £200 a month deposited by one of the tenants and the rest are dealt in cash each month.
It is not an issue to get the agreement and payment confirmed in a letter from the tenants, I can assist him to write and get the letters signed.

As it stands, in the town where I and my in-laws are from, day to day activities generally happen with cash and not everywhere electronic payments are accepted. Though, some merchants do use services like GPay (google Pay). In fact, I checked, he pays the electricity and property tax bills by cash. This is one of the reasons why he and the majority of the population tend to deal in cash rather than using bank accounts. Do you guys think this can be an acceptable reason from UKVI's perspective? A lot of countries are like that. Just tidy things up as best as you can. That's all you can do. Anywhere you have doubts, explain in a cover letter. Just hope that it lands on the table of a less pedantic person.

Thanks and regards

Raheem

raheem_ehsan

Post by raheem_ehsan » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:02 pm

Thank you so much again Ticktack. I really appreciate your input.

One last question for now is whether it would be wise to deposit the large amount of cash (approximately £10K) in one of the bank accounts and explain why it is done and why it should not be assumed as planned inflation?

I agree that there is no other way to prove that he has enough amount but just not in the bank account.

Thanks and regards

Raheem

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:27 pm

raheem_ehsan wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:02 pm
Thank you so much again Ticktack. I really appreciate your input.

One last question for now is whether it would be wise to deposit the large amount of cash (approximately £10K) in one of the bank accounts and explain why it is done and why it should not be assumed as planned inflation? IMHO, there is no explaining it away as that is what it actually is!

I agree that there is no other way to prove that he has enough amount but just not in the bank account.

Thanks and regards

Raheem
Going with @Ticktack's suggestion may be better option.