ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IDV APP & NATIONALITY APPLICATION - URGENT PLEASE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

IDV APP & NATIONALITY APPLICATION - URGENT PLEASE

Post by hina_pirzada » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:51 pm

Dear Members & Seniors,

Good Afternoon,

I am in a very tricky situation. I submitted my Nationality application along with my son on dated 21/07/2022.
On 25/07/2022, I received an email from UKVCAS confirming that I am eligible to use the IDV app and that any group member can apply by using it.

On dated 30/07/2022, I submitted my application, and on the UKVCAS page, my application shows submitted to UKVI and advised to wait for the application outcome.

On 14/09/2022, UKVI sent an email in my son's name suggesting that he failed to enroll in his biometric within the time given and application would be rejected as invalid if no reasonable explanation was given.

I panicked and called UKVCAS. Calling UKVCAS is very challenging, and it is tough to go through with some time waiting for 2- 3 hrs, and after that, the phone disconnected.

Anyway, UKVCAS told me to call UKVI and confirm that the email wasn't in error. They also said it is a very usual situation for them.

I called UKVI (which is also very useless) and explained the situation. They said to me that they haven't any access, so they are unable to comment, but they advised me to send an email to nationality.biometric@homeoffice.gov.uk.

The email was on 15/09/2022, and an auto-response was received, suggesting they should reply to me within 14 working days.

Since then, I haven't received any reply; however, two furthermore reminders have been sent.

I want to ask if any of the group members are facing the same issue or if anyone can help me and advise what I need to do in this situation.

Many thanks
Hina

bluedove

Re: IDV APP & NATIONALITY APPLICATION - URGENT PLEASE

Post by bluedove » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:59 pm

Hi

This IDV app is a so confusing I ended up in similar situation too. I submitted my wife documents via app and provided photos etc.
I received an email after three weeks to say I have not submitted biometric so I need to arrange an appointment. I phoned UKVCAS and was told its a system error therefore no need to worry about this. I totally forgot about this and today I received a letter that :

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

Unfortunately the identification information you provided through the IDV app is insufficient.

I will now have to book an appointment to provide biometrics. As per my knowledge all appointments are £199 . I would suggest to ring UKVCAS but don't assume all is okay.

Thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:11 pm

hina_pirzada wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:51 pm
Dear Members & Seniors,

Good Afternoon,

I am in a very tricky situation. I submitted my Nationality application along with my son on dated 21/07/2022.
On 25/07/2022, I received an email from UKVCAS confirming that I am eligible to use the IDV app and that any group member can apply by using it.

On dated 30/07/2022, I submitted my application, and on the UKVCAS page, my application shows submitted to UKVI and advised to wait for the application outcome.

On 14/09/2022, UKVI sent an email in my son's name suggesting that he failed to enroll in his biometric within the time given and application would be rejected as invalid if no reasonable explanation was given.

I panicked and called UKVCAS. Calling UKVCAS is very challenging, and it is tough to go through with some time waiting for 2- 3 hrs, and after that, the phone disconnected.

Anyway, UKVCAS told me to call UKVI and confirm that the email wasn't in error. They also said it is a very usual situation for them.

I called UKVI (which is also very useless) and explained the situation. They said to me that they haven't any access, so they are unable to comment, but they advised me to send an email to nationality.biometric@homeoffice.gov.uk.

The email was on 15/09/2022, and an auto-response was received, suggesting they should reply to me within 14 working days.

Since then, I haven't received any reply; however, two furthermore reminders have been sent.

I want to ask if any of the group members are facing the same issue or if anyone can help me and advise what I need to do in this situation.

Many thanks
Hina
This situation has been reported by many members. You are doing all the follow up you can. the 14 working days have just expired, hopefully they get back to you soon.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: IDV APP & NATIONALITY APPLICATION - URGENT PLEASE - UKVI EMAIL RECEIVED

Post by hina_pirzada » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:30 pm

Dear Board Member,

My nationality application along with my dependant, is in pending with UKVI since 30/07/2022.

Yesterday, I received the following email from the UKVI states,

["We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances, this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your cases, unfortunately, your applications will not be processed within the 6-month target.

This is because your applications raise exceptionally complex issues, and we require further time to consider your cases thoroughly and reach a decision.

Yours sincerely

Passports, Citizenship & Civil Registration"]

My question is the above email usual? or there is anything that I need to worry about. I do not think myself is there any exceptional circumstances because I got my ILR via 10 years route.

Could anyone receive the same email?

Please update if possible.

Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:38 pm

This is a standard email basically saying they are late with processing your application. If there was an issue with your application they would have contacted you by now. All I can suggest is keep waiting.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:19 pm

Hello

I am still waiting since the application was submitted in July 2022. The email was sent to Further Nationality Email asking about the update, and they replied to me within 3 days as follows.

"

Thank you for your correspondence dated 27th March 2023 requesting progress on your application for naturalization as a British citizen alongside XXXXXXXXXXXXX.

I can confirm that your application is in the process and that decisions on applications are usually made within six months.

I am sorry if your application is taking longer than usual, to be processed. As you may be aware, naturalization, is not an automatic process, and we have to make a number of enquiries to ensure that applicants can satisfy the statutory requirements. Some of these enquiries are carried out by external agencies on our behalf and can sometimes take longer than six months to complete.

We will endeavour to conclude your application at the earliest opportunity, and we will write to you again as soon as the necessary checks are complete. Please be assured that, as soon as we are in a position to reach a decision, you will be notified accordingly.

Regards

"

Can anyone please share his view on it? Many thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:27 am

hina_pirzada wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:19 pm
Hello

I am still waiting since the application was submitted in July 2022. The email was sent to Further Nationality Email asking about the update, and they replied to me within 3 days as follows.

"

Thank you for your correspondence dated 27th March 2023 requesting progress on your application for naturalization as a British citizen alongside XXXXXXXXXXXXX.

I can confirm that your application is in the process and that decisions on applications are usually made within six months.

I am sorry if your application is taking longer than usual, to be processed. As you may be aware, naturalization, is not an automatic process, and we have to make a number of enquiries to ensure that applicants can satisfy the statutory requirements. Some of these enquiries are carried out by external agencies on our behalf and can sometimes take longer than six months to complete.

We will endeavour to conclude your application at the earliest opportunity, and we will write to you again as soon as the necessary checks are complete. Please be assured that, as soon as we are in a position to reach a decision, you will be notified accordingly.

Regards

"

Means to exercise more patience.

Sid82
Newly Registered

Post by Sid82 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:04 am

hina_pirzada wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:19 pm
Hello

"

Regards

"

I saw in a different post you advised someone to write to UKVI head office. Did you do this? Was it any good?
I appreciate your help and sorry for your situation. I have a similar situation with my husband's application.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:01 pm

Yes I did and waiting.

Sid82
Newly Registered

Post by Sid82 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:25 am

hina_pirzada wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:01 pm
Yes I did and waiting.
Have you tried putting in a Subject Access Request (SAR ) . It gives you details of what has been happening with your application.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:45 am

Hi Everyone,

The complaint which I have lodged received the reply below.

[

Dear Mrs xxxxx

Thank you for your email correspondence of 27 March which you have raised a complaint about the length of time it is taking to process your, and your xxxxxxxxxxx, application for British citizenship.

You expressed concerns as to why the applications remain outstanding and asked for a decision to be made without any further delay.

I am unable to uphold your complaint.

We understand that awaiting the outcome of an application can be a frustrating time for our customers. I am sorry it has taken longer than expected to conclude the applications and any inconvenience this may have caused.

However, as I am sure you will appreciate, as part of the application process we have to make a number of enquiries with other government departments and external agencies before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship.

Enquiries are not limited to criminal records or to a person’s activities within the United Kingdom and there is no limit set out in nationality law on the time taken to carry out those enquiries.

We are unable to influence how long these enquiries may take to be concluded and the extent and length of time taken to complete these varies according to the particular circumstance of each application. This is essential in order to maintain effective immigration control, this cannot be compromised, despite any adverse impact upon our customer service.

I can confirm that the applications are ongoing and continue to remain subject to a number of mandatory checks to ensure that the statutory requirements have been satisfied.

Please be advised that it is not possible to provide a timescale for a decision to be issued, as this will depend on the findings of any of the previously mentioned enquiries and a full consideration of your and your xxxxxx case.

Please be assured that we will contact you and your xxxxxx once a decision has been made or if further information is required. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding at this time.

I recognise this may not be the outcome you had hoped for, but I hope my response clarifies the current position.

I believe I have addressed all the points you have raised. However, if you feel that there are specific aspects that have not been addressed, you can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this letter by writing to us at: complaintsreview@homeoffice.gov.uk.

Or you can write to us at:

UKVI Customer Correspondence Hub

Please advised what I need to do further. I don't understand what kind of inquiries are they making and why the outcome is delaying.

I have applied after getting ILR in 2020 and all my record is clear. I dont drive and not involved any criminal activities either in the UK and or abroad.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:06 pm

hina_pirzada wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:45 am
Hi Everyone,

The complaint which I have lodged received the reply below.

[

Dear Mrs xxxxx

Thank you for your email correspondence of 27 March which you have raised a complaint about the length of time it is taking to process your, and your xxxxxxxxxxx, application for British citizenship.

You expressed concerns as to why the applications remain outstanding and asked for a decision to be made without any further delay.

I am unable to uphold your complaint.

We understand that awaiting the outcome of an application can be a frustrating time for our customers. I am sorry it has taken longer than expected to conclude the applications and any inconvenience this may have caused.

However, as I am sure you will appreciate, as part of the application process we have to make a number of enquiries with other government departments and external agencies before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship.

Enquiries are not limited to criminal records or to a person’s activities within the United Kingdom and there is no limit set out in nationality law on the time taken to carry out those enquiries.

We are unable to influence how long these enquiries may take to be concluded and the extent and length of time taken to complete these varies according to the particular circumstance of each application. This is essential in order to maintain effective immigration control, this cannot be compromised, despite any adverse impact upon our customer service.

I can confirm that the applications are ongoing and continue to remain subject to a number of mandatory checks to ensure that the statutory requirements have been satisfied.

Please be advised that it is not possible to provide a timescale for a decision to be issued, as this will depend on the findings of any of the previously mentioned enquiries and a full consideration of your and your xxxxxx case.

Please be assured that we will contact you and your xxxxxx once a decision has been made or if further information is required. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding at this time.

I recognise this may not be the outcome you had hoped for, but I hope my response clarifies the current position.

I believe I have addressed all the points you have raised. However, if you feel that there are specific aspects that have not been addressed, you can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this letter by writing to us at: complaintsreview@homeoffice.gov.uk.

Or you can write to us at:

UKVI Customer Correspondence Hub

Please advised what I need to do further. I don't understand what kind of inquiries are they making and why the outcome is delaying.

I have applied after getting ILR in 2020 and all my record is clear. I dont drive and not involved any criminal activities either in the UK and or abroad.
The response assured it os being attended to and requested for your patience.

You may contact your MP on the delays though not sure if this will hasten outcome of your application

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Fri May 12, 2023 11:14 am

hello

I am trying to apply SAR for myself. Would anyone please tell me they need some authorities like solicitor and other to confirm the identity documents are "True Likeness".

Would the company director (ltd company) be okay to sign those?

It is very difficult for me to go to solicitor and pay some fee to sign.

Please come back to me with any of the practical example.

Many Thanks

Sid82
Newly Registered

Post by Sid82 » Fri May 12, 2023 11:25 am

You can send copy/scan of driving licence. That is what I sent for my husband and it was fine.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Mon May 15, 2023 3:38 pm

Hi Sid82

Thank you for the response. One of my friend who is company director signed Truthiness letter for me and the request was submitted yesterday the 14/05.

Sid82
Newly Registered

Post by Sid82 » Mon May 15, 2023 4:42 pm

hina_pirzada wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 3:38 pm
Hi Sid82

Thank you for the response. One of my friend who is company director signed Truthiness letter for me and the request was submitted yesterday the 14/05.
That's good. I hope this works out for you. Let us know what happens. :)

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: IDV APP & NATIONALITY APPLICATION - URGENT PLEASE - SAR Received from Home Office

Post by hina_pirzada » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:42 pm

Dear All,

I applied SAR on 14/05/2023 due to my application is pending since July 2022. Since then I submitted complaint and emailed to Further Nationality team and also to Home office head office. Their reply on my complaint, I have already posted above.

Today I have received the result of SAR which contains 115 pages. Most of the parts they highlighted "Black" so I am unable to see. I was looking only the part of my nationality application. The last comment on my complaint mentioned in report by xxxxxxx team dated 5th April 2023 on my complaint which is

“This case is at enrichment stage pending the return of mandatory checks. These checks have now been returned and I have emailed the relevant department for them to begin considering the application as soon as possible.”

Apart form the above I am unable to see anything. I don't understand the word "begin considering" means they are now considering the application and I need to wait for further few months ? Or they have done all their checks and are going to conclude the application.

Would anyone please advise further what I need to do? Should I send them another email ? or wait for the outcome.

I communicated with them on 27th March 2023. This was my first communication since the application submitted.

Please advise.

Many thanks

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: IDV APP & NATIONALITY APPLICATION - SAR Received

Post by hina_pirzada » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:36 pm

hello is anyone reply me the above please.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: IDV APP & NATIONALITY APPLICATION - URGENT PLEASE - SAR Received from Home Office

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:15 am

hina_pirzada wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:42 pm
Dear All,

I applied SAR on 14/05/2023 due to my application is pending since July 2022. Since then I submitted complaint and emailed to Further Nationality team and also to Home office head office. Their reply on my complaint, I have already posted above.

Today I have received the result of SAR which contains 115 pages. Most of the parts they highlighted "Black" so I am unable to see. I was looking only the part of my nationality application. The last comment on my complaint mentioned in report by xxxxxxx team dated 5th April 2023 on my complaint which is

“This case is at enrichment stage pending the return of mandatory checks. These checks have now been returned and I have emailed the relevant department for them to begin considering the application as soon as possible.”

Apart form the above I am unable to see anything. I don't understand the word "begin considering" means they are now considering the application and I need to wait for further few months ? Start to consider Or they have done all their checks and are going to conclude the application. No

Would anyone please advise further what I need to do? Should I send them another email ? or wait for the outcome.

I communicated with them on 27th March 2023. This was my first communication since the application submitted.

Please advise.

Many thanks
We don't exactly know the inner workings of HO.
You probably need to exercise patience a bit more. Another email will likely corroborate what you already know by SAR response.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:21 am

Thanks AmazonianX for your comments. It is too complicated.Let see if any other members who have same experience to share their views.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Update on my case from Home Office

Post by hina_pirzada » Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:56 pm

Hello,

As you aware my Nationality application along my daughter is pending since last year July. After sending them 2nd follow up email on June 15th, today I have received email form Case Worker Team CT3 to submit the consent form for my child for British Citizenship.

She said "Once I receive the document I will continue to work your family application"..

Anyone has an idea about that. I am not sure, are they now starting considering the application OR they have decided and waiting for the required document.

Please share your experience.

Regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Update on my case from Home Office

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:53 pm

hina_pirzada wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:56 pm
Hello,

As you aware my Nationality application along my daughter is pending since last year July. After sending them 2nd follow up email on June 15th, today I have received email form Case Worker Team CT3 to submit the consent form for my child for British Citizenship.

She said "Once I receive the document I will continue to work your family application"..

Anyone has an idea about that. I am not sure, are they now starting considering the application OR they have decided and waiting for the required document.

Please share your experience.

Regards
The message from the CW is clear. It is because they have started working on it that what's missing was identified.
Till they receive the requested document, further action stayed on the application.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:23 pm

So it's means for last 11 months my application wasn't under consideration... are they doing jokes with applicant??

It is frustrated..