ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Loss of Biometrics

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

angel_ts
Newly Registered
Greece

Loss of Biometrics

Post by angel_ts » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:50 pm

Hi everyone,

Has anyone encountered the issue of their biometric data not being integrated into the system?
I was recently informed that this is the reason why my application is being delayed. It has been 2 months now since I found out and I had an update from nationality biometrics that they still do not have any update if the technical team has retrieved them.

I also emailed the ukvcas to open my account again (as they closed it after so long) so I can go and rebook an appointment to resubmit my biometric data but they say they cannot and I should wait.

Any solutions anyone? What can I do? It has been a year and a half now waiting for a response for my citizenship application.

Hope to hear from someone soon.
Thank you in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Loss of Biometrics

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:21 pm

angel_ts wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:50 pm
Hi everyone,

Has anyone encountered the issue of their biometric data not being integrated into the system?
I was recently informed that this is the reason why my application is being delayed. It has been 2 months now since I found out and I had an update from nationality biometrics that they still do not have any update if the technical team has retrieved them.

I also emailed the ukvcas to open my account again (as they closed it after so long) so I can go and rebook an appointment to resubmit my biometric data but they say they cannot and I should wait.

Any solutions anyone? What can I do? It has been a year and a half now waiting for a response for my citizenship application.

Thank you in advance.
If technical malfunction on their part is the cause of delay there throwing up hands in the air lodge official complaints.

angel_ts
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by angel_ts » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:48 am

So where shall I send my complaints?
I did send a complaint to UKVCAS, they came back to me and said they cannot do anything as the HO has asked them to close my account.
Can you please give me some emails to send my complaints ?

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:46 pm

angel_ts wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:48 am
So where shall I send my complaints?
I did send a complaint to UKVCAS, they came back to me and said they cannot do anything as the HO has asked them to close my account.
Can you please give me some emails to send my complaints ?

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

angel_ts
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by angel_ts » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:38 am

Thank you so much! Sent the complaint yesterday

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Post by imbik » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:16 pm

angel_ts wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:50 pm
Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance.
Sorry but I do not get this! First of all who informed you that your biometrics info has not been shared with UKVI or not in the system?
Additionally, when I logged in again to my account at Sopra steria website (after giving the biometrics) it says;
Your supporting information has been sent to UKVI. Updates about your application will come from UKVI, NOT from UKVCAS. If UKVI need any more information, they’ll contact you. If we have asked you to upload more documents, you can do so and we’ll send these to UKVI. We’ll contact you if you need to have your biometrics taken again.

Didn't you see this message? :?
I love science

angel_ts
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by angel_ts » Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:25 pm

Hello.

I had to raise the SAR and it was in there saying the the biometrics were lost. Also, I received an mail from the office in Liverpool saying that my biometrics did not integrate into the system and that the technical team will try and retrieve them.
Also, in the past, when I logged into the Sopra Steria website I had the same message as you. At some point I did not have access to it. But last week someone called me from Sopra Steria and told me that my account has been deleted after the HO requested so.
So now I am trying to get to the bottom of this and it understand what is going on.
As none of these make sense!
If you have any other idea of how to solve the mystery please let me know!
Thank you :?

KT1983
Newly Registered

Post by KT1983 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:37 pm

Hi
I am in a similar situation. Applied on 31st August 2022 with biometrics via IDV app. Received two automated email asking me to book biometrics on person. Contacted UKVCAS who confirmed they haven't been asked by UKVI for my biometrics so neglected the email. But after a lot of thought booked in person Biometrics which was submitted on 14th January 2023.
Now it's almost 10 months since my application but no update for UKVI. Complaints were answered saying some technical issues causing problems to link my biometrics to my application. Resolution in process but no timescales.can be given. Contacted Local MP who managed to get same replies with technical issues with biometrics and still no timescales can be given.
I have also done SAR but the delay in citizen application isnt mentioned in the report.
Not sure what else can be done.
Probably will write to the biometrics dept.
Anyone knows the contact to the uh b biometrics dept?
Any one else has been in similar issue please help
Many thanks
Kind regards

bhoi_mukesh
Newly Registered
India

Post by bhoi_mukesh » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:16 pm

KT1983 wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:37 pm
Hi
I am in a similar situation. Applied on 31st August 2022 with biometrics via IDV app. Received two automated email asking me to book biometrics on person. Contacted UKVCAS who confirmed they haven't been asked by UKVI for my biometrics so neglected the email. But after a lot of thought booked in person Biometrics which was submitted on 14th January 2023.
Now it's almost 10 months since my application but no update for UKVI. Complaints were answered saying some technical issues causing problems to link my biometrics to my application. Resolution in process but no timescales.can be given. Contacted Local MP who managed to get same replies with technical issues with biometrics and still no timescales can be given.
I have also done SAR but the delay in citizen application isnt mentioned in the report.
Many thanks
Kind regards
Hi, Did you able to resolve this issue, I am having similar problem, I have given biometrics at UKVCAS on 21st Jan 2023 with my family. I haven't received any update from UKVI, it is almost 8 month now. However when I complained, I got replay that they are having some technical problem with application.
Today I got email with following details, saying they don't have any biometrics details for my daughter's application.

Following extract from email, it looks like automated email, but does not have enough information on what to do?
Any help or advise will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
MB

"Following your recent application for Nationality you should have attended an appointment at a UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service point to enrol your biometrics (scanned fingerprints and photograph).

As part of your online application you were informed that you would receive this reminder letter if you had not attended an appointment and enrolled your biometrics within 45 working days. Our records show that you have failed to comply with this instruction, without providing us with a reasonable explanation.

If you have already booked or attended an appointment to enrol your biometrics before seeing this email, then please ignore this reminder.

Next Steps
As part of your online application, you were informed that you have to enrol your biometrics within a specified time frame. You must now return to your online application to book and attend an appointment at a UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service point to provide your evidence and enrol your biometrics (fingerprints and facial photograph).
"

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:27 am

bhoi_mukesh wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:16 pm
KT1983 wrote:
Hi
Many thanks
Kind regards
Hi, Did you able to resolve this issue, I am having similar problem, I have given biometrics at UKVCAS on 21st Jan 2023 with my family. I haven't received any update from UKVI, it is almost 8 month now. However when I complained, I got replay that they are having some technical problem with application.
Today I got email with following details, saying they don't have any biometrics details for my daughter's application.

Following extract from email, it looks like automated email, but does not have enough information on what to do?
Any help or advise will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
MB

"Following your recent application for Nationality you should have attended an appointment at a UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service point to enrol your biometrics (scanned fingerprints and photograph).

As part of your online application you were informed that you would receive this reminder letter if you had not attended an appointment and enrolled your biometrics within 45 working days. Our records show that you have failed to comply with this instruction, without providing us with a reasonable explanation.

If you have already booked or attended an appointment to enrol your biometrics before seeing this email, then please ignore this reminder.

Next Steps
As part of your online application, you were informed that you have to enrol your biometrics within a specified time frame. You must now return to your online application to book and attend an appointment at a UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service point to provide your evidence and enrol your biometrics (fingerprints and facial photograph).
"

tstrassberger
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tstrassberger » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:49 pm

KT1983 wrote:
Hi
Many thanks
Kind regards
I am in the same situation -- did you ever get things moving forward? Sopra Steria says the forwarded my biometrics, but UKVI doesn't have them and my whole application is stalled. Any advice appreciated!

tstrassberger
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tstrassberger » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:52 pm

I have been told that due to an IT Issue, my biometrics have not been entered into the UKVI system and my application is waiting for this. I applied in August 2022, had biometrics taken in October 2022. And since then, no movement. No information. Can anyone help?

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:09 pm

Did you receive the same email as above? If so, you may need to get biometrics done again.

Here are the contacts for UKVCAS:

UKVCAS help and support
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/help-support

Users of the forum have collated some email addresses for UKVI (subject to change, worth trying them all, other members may add more)

furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

You can submit a complaint following instructions here https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

Other than that, there sin't much more than trying to contact your MP again and detail the distress the long wait has been causing you.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

tstrassberger
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tstrassberger » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:44 pm

Thank you for that. Yes, I got a similar email from FNE email.
And Nationality Biometrics says they have 'chased' the issue with UKCVAS and upgraded to a senior advisor....but that has been months now. UKVAS said they have had no request from UKVI to resubmit my biometrics. I have told everyone that I will go in and have it done again, but they reply 'there is an IT Issue and there is nothing to be done'. I was told about six months ago that I should hear from the caseworking team, but since then I have been told that a caseworker has not been assigned yet due to this IT Issue that no one seems able to resolve. I will write to the other addresses you suggest. Thank you. This is so frustrating as after six months, I was told everything was in order, just some thing take longer. Then over a year later, they say there is a problem and there's nothing I can do to fix it! It's like a black hole of information. My MP just gets told to the same thing and he can't seem to escalate it either. I feel lost in the system for what is a straightforward problem to solve it would seem.

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:02 pm

Have you lodged a complaint? I would think you have a solid case to complain. You could also try to do a SAR.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

tstrassberger
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tstrassberger » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:43 pm

I made a UKVI complaint in August - got confirmation of receipt, but no further reply. I made another one last week and so far no follow up. Will look into an SAR.

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:48 pm

This is very frustrating. I would suggest keeping a log of all these emails and replies and sending it to the email addresses above to show you kept a paper trail and the time it is taking them to respond.

tstrassberger
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tstrassberger » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:48 am

angel_ts wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:38 am
Thank you so much! Sent the complaint yesterday
Did you resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem. Applied in August 2022, and still no progress. I keep being told there is an IT Issue with my biometrics. Any advice much appreciated!

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:18 am

I would suggest looking at this list of actions and try to pursue them
Here are the contacts for UKVCAS:

UKVCAS help and support
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/help-support

Users of the forum have collated some email addresses for UKVI (subject to change, worth trying them all, other members may add more)

furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

You can submit a complaint following instructions here https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

Other than that, there isn't much more than trying to contact your MP again and detail the distress the long wait has been causing you.
You could also try a SAR and see if you find out anything of value.

tstrassberger
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tstrassberger » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:26 pm

Thank you for the tips -- I've written to all of the addresses and so far no reply. The caseworker email says it is unmonitored and the refers you to a phone number that is not longer active. I haven't done the SAR as it seems really complicated and expensive to do and have read that it doesn't actually move things along.

Nationality Casework Decision Service

You won’t receive a reply to your email sent to this mailbox.

This mailbox does not accept incoming email enquiries. Your email has not been read, and will be deleted.

This mailbox is only used to dispatch decisions by email out to our customers. It does not accept incoming enquiries and correspondence. Your email has therefore been automatically deleted from our mailbox.

Please redirect your enquiry using the details as below. Which is the correct mailbox for enquiries to this department.

Email: nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
Telephone: 0300 123 2253 (Lines open Monday to Thursday 9am to 4:45pm & Friday 9am to 4:30pm)

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:39 pm

A SAR with UKVI is free up to my knowledge https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

tstrassberger
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tstrassberger » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:59 pm

Thank you -- I had been looking at the wrong kind of SAR. This is very helpful.

tstrassberger
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tstrassberger » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:23 pm

On February 15, 2024, I got an email from the caseworking team asking my for Evidence of Working on Abroad. So it seems my application is out of the infinite post IT Issue backlog. I sent all the information in the next day, so hopefully they can now finally consider my application that was submitted in August of 2022.

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:37 pm

Glad it is finally moving along. I compiled a list of actions to pursue for late applications - in case it can be of any further help to you. british-citizenship/6-months-plus-waiti ... 43483.html

tstrassberger
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tstrassberger » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:35 am

UPDATE -- on Friday 23.02.2024, I got an email from FNE saying my application has been approved and to expect a letter and an invitation from the council. No mention the 18 months, IT issue, or that the caseworker had received my email with the Evidence of Work abroad. However, I'll take this as a very positive sign that things will work out ok. Thank you all for your advice. I never did request the SAR or contact the IEC. I had decided I would wait until March to take those steps with the vague optimism that it would work itself it out. And it did. I'm grateful to everyone here.