ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: Switch from Tier 2 to GTV

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Lilymiao
Newly Registered

Urgent: Switch from Tier 2 to GTV

Post by Lilymiao » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:36 am

I am currently holding a tier 2 visa (expire in 2025) and I am joining a new employer this September, 2023. The new employer can sponsor me a global talent visa.

My question is that should I choose to switch from Tier 2 to global talent visa? Or should I apply for a global talent visa without switching? (Given that I change a employer)

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Urgent: Switch from Tier 2 to GTV

Post by lolo2 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:14 am

You must apply for a new visa if you change employers, being this another Skilled worker visa or a GTV.

If the new employer has offered either SWV or GTV, the final decision on what to choose is down to you. There is no issue with switching from one visa type to the other.

Lilymiao
Newly Registered

Post by Lilymiao » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:34 am

lolo2 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:14 am
You must apply for a new visa if you change employers, being this another Skilled worker visa or a GTV.

If the new employer has offered either SWV or GTV, the final decision on what to choose is down to you. There is no issue with switching from one visa type to the other.
Many thanks for your quick reply. Yes, I understand I need to apply for a new visa when changing to a new employer. So one can only switch from Tier 2 to GTV if he/she stays in the same employer, am I correct?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:46 am

That's not correct.

You can switch visas either working with the same or another employer, as long as you (and the role) fullfil the requirements for a GTV.

See Apply for the Global Talent visa