ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seeking advice on employment permit and Stamp 4 eligibility

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mmssaa
India

Seeking advice on employment permit and Stamp 4 eligibility

Post by mmssaa » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:38 am

Hi everyone,

I need some advice regarding my employment permit. I'm currently on my second Critical Skills Employment Permit (CSEP) and have spent a total of 21 months under these permits. However, my current permit is set to expire in September 2024.

I found a form for requesting a stamp 4 support letter. The form mentions that requests should be submitted up to 12 weeks before the permit expires. This has left me confused because I believed that completing 21 months in my CSEP would make me eligible for Stamp 4.

To clarify this, I contacted Workplace Relations Customer Services at +353 1 417 5333, and they informed me that I can only apply 12 weeks before the expiry date, regardless of the 21-month requirement.

Has anyone else faced a similar situation or can offer any guidance?

Thank you!

meself2
Ireland

Re: Seeking advice on employment permit and Stamp 4 eligibility

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:53 am

It's interesting, as FAQ given here (https://enterprise.gov.ie/en/publicatio ... -faqs.html), albeit 2020, phrases it as follows, giving more room for interpretation. Possibly they changed it over the years?
Foreign nationals are eligible to apply for their Support Letters from this Department only when they have completed a minimum of 21 months continuous employment in the State on foot of their Critical Skills Employment Permit. Applications can be submitted up to 12 weeks before the expiry date, requests received more than 12 weeks before permit expiry date, may be returned to the applicant.
I would suggest to try getting it in writing (letter/email), either the response or a confirmation you could go ahead with Stamp 4 support letter, so you have something to go off of.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mmssaa
India

Re: Seeking advice on employment permit and Stamp 4 eligibility

Post by mmssaa » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:14 pm

I've received conflicting information. A solicitor mentioned that a total of 21 months is permitted for both permits combined as 12 weeks apply only if I'm on a single permit. I'm unsure if there is a definite answer.

Does anyone know for sure what's the rule here?