ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E vetting and citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

johndonut
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: E vetting and citizenship application

Post by johndonut » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:06 pm

Yksl wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:58 am
johndonut wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 9:35 am
Question:
My spouse and I applied togather via a solicitor. I am the Stamp 1-4 person (moved the Ireland for work). My spouse is a Stamp 3-1g. We applied on the same day with the same documentation for everything except the IDs (although we do hold the same dual citizenship).

I was not sent an invite for evetting email, but my spouse did receive one a few days back. Is this expected/normal? We are both Jan. 2022 applicants.

I have not contacted anyone about anything to date, but I wondered if I am supposed to make an inquiry in this case. Is this something to think about or just put it aside and wait like usual?
Hi did you receive your email at the end? We are in a similar situation, I have received the email on 22nd and my spouse didn't. I'm curious to see if anyone else in the same boat.
I still have not received an E-vetting email.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:07 pm

Yksl wrote:
johndonut wrote:
Question:
My spouse and I applied togather via a solicitor. I am the Stamp 1-4 person (moved the Ireland for work). My spouse is a Stamp 3-1g. We applied on the same day with the same documentation for everything except the IDs (although we do hold the same dual citizenship).

I was not sent an invite for evetting email, but my spouse did receive one a few days back. Is this expected/normal? We are both Jan. 2023 applicants.

I have not contacted anyone about anything to date, but I wondered if I am supposed to make an inquiry in this case. Is this something to think about or just put it aside and wait like usual?
Hi did you receive your email at the end? We are in a similar situation, I have received the email on 22nd and my spouse didn't. I'm curious to see if anyone else in the same boat.
It might just depend on a person applying, honestly, or maybe one of you got to senior employee so they could be sent an eVetting link straight away, while other got to a trainee. All applications are treated individually.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Yksl
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Yksl » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:55 pm

meself2 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:07 pm
Yksl wrote:
johndonut wrote:
Question:

I was not sent an invite for evetting email, but my spouse did receive one a few days back. Is this expected/normal? We are both Jan. 2023 applicants.

It might just depend on a person applying, honestly, or maybe one of you got to senior employee so they could be sent an eVetting link straight away, while other got to a trainee. All applications are treated individually.
It is also my assumption. However, minister stated many people received that email within a couple of days. Probably, our applications are just with different people but it still doesn't make sense. We have applied with similar documents and actually in some aspects his application was more straight forward compared to me as I wasn't in the employment for the first year so didn't have much documents on my name. I think there is no logic or sequence for their review. Many people applied much later than us received the email etc etc.

rameire
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rameire » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:57 pm

I received the email e vetting invitation email 22 May.
Am I missing something?
There is not much detail required on this form I filled on the ISD online.
Is this the first stage in the e vetting process?

rameire
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rameire » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:57 pm

Am I missing something?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:01 pm

rameire wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:57 pm
Am I missing something?
They stated eVetting department is busy at the moment as they sent a ton of invitations. Just wait and check spam.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:36 pm

rameire wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:57 pm
Am I missing something?
now they send your details to Garda
garda will send you email e vetting link
you complete link
garda finished processing evetting then send the result back to the citizenship team
once citizenship team receives this result then it moves to (stage 3 final stage processing)
stage 4 is GRANT

rameire
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rameire » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:38 pm

Thank you very much.really appreciate the details.

raheelqamar
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by raheelqamar » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:57 pm

Bluebird71 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 2:23 pm
Hi All

Just want to understand for those who received the evetting email invitation and completed it last week whether anyone has received the next steps from gardai for the actual evetting.

Series of events as follows:

22 May - Invitation received
22 May - Invitation completed
23 May - Invitation received confirmation

has anyone progressed further ?
I had applied last year along with my brother, father and mother. We all got an invite to e-Vetting on 22nd May. I submitted mine straight away same day around 4pm. My father's and brother's was submitted on the 23rd around 10am and mothers around 4pm. Within an hour of each of their submissions, they received emails back that someone had reveiewed their submission and forwarded to Garda. On 5th June, all three of them got the link to submit information to NVBA. which was submitted same day. Their update now is that vetting informaiton is complete and information has been passed on to citizenship unit.

However I still have not received that email which said someone from citizenship unit reviewed my submission. I had only received an email 3 days later saying someone will look at it. You can imagine how I am pulling my hair thinking I should have waited a day and submitted mine on the 23rd instead of 22nd. It seems reading from here that those that submitted their info the same day are still waiting!

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:13 pm

raheelqamar wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:57 pm
I had applied last year along with my brother, father and mother. We all got an invite to e-Vetting on 22nd May. I submitted mine straight away same day around 4pm. My father's and brother's was submitted on the 23rd around 10am and mothers around 4pm. Within an hour of each of their submissions, they received emails back that someone had reveiewed their submission and forwarded to Garda. On 5th June, all three of them got the link to submit information to NVBA. which was submitted same day. Their update now is that vetting informaiton is complete and information has been passed on to citizenship unit.

However I still have not received that email which said someone from citizenship unit reviewed my submission. I had only received an email 3 days later saying someone will look at it. You can imagine how I am pulling my hair thinking I should have waited a day and submitted mine on the 23rd instead of 22nd. It seems reading from here that those that submitted their info the same day are still waiting!
Honestly, at this point, it shouldn't be a factor at all. The next ceremony (in 2 weeks) is out of the question, the one after that is in 6 months, unless they make another one. Wouldn't expect your eVetting timelines to have this make or break effect as the end point is within timelines of all of you.

raheelqamar
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by raheelqamar » Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:45 pm

Yeah I thought the same that 20th June is out of the question. Hopefully the approvals come in time for the next ceremony!

sairsint
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:21 pm

raheelqamar wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:57 pm
Bluebird71 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 2:23 pm
Hi All

Just want to understand for those who received the evetting email invitation and completed it last week whether anyone has received the next steps from gardai for the actual evetting.

Series of events as follows:

22 May - Invitation received
22 May - Invitation completed
23 May - Invitation received confirmation

has anyone progressed further ?

Just feel fortunate to have progressed this far already. As 2022 applicants, we received both of our e-vetting invitations on May 22nd and completed them the same day. It took several days to receive an acknowledgment they were received and we are still waiting many weeks later for the Garda email to start the actual e-vetting process.

According to the recent citizenship update we received they will be holding a number of ceremonies this year and anticipate completing naturalisation for the 2021/2 applications. As that has now been announced I’m less concerned and assume ours will be done within the next six months. Unfortunately it is just a really painful experience waiting for these emails and also seeing others progress while you don’t.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:28 pm

sairsint wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:21 pm
Unfortunately it is just a really painful experience waiting for these emails and also seeing others progress while you don’t.
Indeed. As a 2021 applicant, it's a mess. I'm happy to see ISD improving the process, but that just means my waiting for about 2 years is pointless, as I coould've applied this year for the same result. Ah well.

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Palantir » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:00 pm

It's an absolute scandal and disgraceful! The Minister should he held to account for this! 2023 applicants already approved and straightforward 2021 and 2022 applicants still left waiting. The Minister has repeatedly lied about the chronological nature of the processing of applications. It simply is a lie! And the recent letter from the ISD is just PR spin and full of lies and motherhood statments. People need to start lodging law suits against these muppets!

sydneymary
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by sydneymary » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:35 pm

Hello everyone. I submitted my answers to the e-vetting invitation on 22 May. I have heard nothing since. I need to go away and I have read that if you do not respond to the second email within 28 days od receiving it, then your entire application is cancelled. So I am asking, when you get the second email, exactly what documents do I need to submit and what questions need to be answered? Would someone help please? I first applied early last year and I cannot afford to make any mistakes and go back to the beginning. Thank you for helping. I am grateful.

sydneymary
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by sydneymary » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:35 pm

Hello everyone. I submitted my answers to the e-vetting invitation on 22 May. I have heard nothing since. I need to go away and I have read that if you do not respond to the second email within 28 days od receiving it, then your entire application is cancelled. So I am asking, when you get the second email, exactly what documents do I need to submit and what questions need to be answered? Would someone help please? I first applied early last year and I cannot afford to make any mistakes and go back to the beginning. Thank you for helping. I am grateful.

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:38 pm

sydneymary wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:35 pm
You will need to provide the following information:
Name at birth
Place of birth
Passport Number
Mother’s maiden name
All addresses you have lived at since birth
Any other names you may be known by
Details of any convictions you have (in Ireland or elsewhere).
You will have the opportunity to review the information you have inputted and once you are happy with the details you can submit the completed vetting application.

sydneymary
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by sydneymary » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:46 pm

Thank you for such a quick response. I have lived in so many places, particularly when I was a student many years ago. I cannot possibly remember all of them. Does anyone know if the list of foreign addresses is actually checked by the Gards with foreign police forces , credit agencies, electoral rolls etc.? I am worried about getting caught out by making a mistake because I can't remember accurately. Thank you again for helping.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:52 pm

sydneymary wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:46 pm
Thank you for such a quick response. I have lived in so many places, particularly when I was a student many years ago. I cannot possibly remember all of them. Does anyone know if the list of foreign addresses is actually checked by the Gards with foreign police forces , credit agencies, electoral rolls etc.? I am worried about getting caught out by making a mistake because I can't remember accurately. Thank you again for helping.
We don't know Garda's inner workings, but I wouldn't expect them to check an address from 50 years ago and verify if it's the same flat. Besides, it's a bi question whether or not the other country's authorities are still keeping records about your residence.
I'd advise to prepare for the vetting in the meantime and see what you could gather.

JohnX
Ireland

Post by JohnX » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:33 pm

Hi

In my response to first e-vetting letter gave the same passport number as in the application.

However in the reply to the Garda should I give the new passport number ???

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:36 pm

JohnX wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:33 pm
Hi

In my response to first e-vetting letter gave the same passport number as in the application.

Thanks
You probably should have given the current (and valid) passport number in first application as well. Give new one to Garda; ISD at least has a coy of your new one.

JohnX
Ireland

Post by JohnX » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:40 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:36 pm
JohnX wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:33 pm
Hi

Thanks
You probably should have given the current (and valid) passport number in first application as well. Give new one to Garda; ISD at least has a coy of your new one.
Hi,

Thanks, makes sense.

Jsalman2023
Newly Registered
Sudan

Post by Jsalman2023 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:09 pm

Hello. Has anyone been asked to provide police clearance certificate from each country they have lived in since birth as part of the irish citizenship application? After the garda e-vetting stage ? I just want to prepare as it takes a long time to obtain these from other countries while you are in ireland
Many thanks in advance

Vadrar91
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Vadrar91 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:22 pm

Jsalman2023 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:09 pm
Hello. Has anyone been asked to provide police clearance certificate from each country they have lived in since birth as part of the irish citizenship application? After the garda e-vetting stage ? I just want to prepare as it takes a long time to obtain these from other countries while you are in ireland
Many thanks in advance
Pakistan and Saudi Arabia seem to get asked for, other countries far less often.

Jsalman2023
Newly Registered
Sudan

Post by Jsalman2023 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:48 pm

Thank you very much , any idea about Egypt ? European countries?