ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Error in first adult British passport - could I ask for replacement by attending passport office First Track application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

matlau_2862
Newly Registered
Mood:

First adult British passport - received passport with error - what to do next

Post by matlau_2862 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:05 pm

I've just received my first adult British passport via DHL. Unfortunately, the passport contains error with the Nationality status. What is the best way to contact HMPO to notify of the mistake, and ask for resolution? Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: First adult British passport - received passport with error - what to do next

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:24 pm

matlau_2862 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:05 pm
I've just received my first adult British passport via DHL. Unfortunately, the passport contains error with the Nationality status. What is the best way to contact HMPO to notify of the mistake, and ask for resolution? Thank you!
Raise a complaint with HMPO here:
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... 1666111005

If it was HMPO's error they will issue a corrected version.

Or was it your mistake?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

secret.simon

Re: First adult British passport - received passport with error - what to do next

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:34 pm

matlau_2862 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:05 pm
the passport contains error with the Nationality status
What is the error in that status?

Do you hold multiple forms of British nationality (i.e. BNO or BOC, etc in addition to your British citizenship)?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

matlau_2862
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by matlau_2862 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:39 pm

The nationality status is incorrect. It currently says incorrectly as British National (Overseas)

The nationality status should be British citizen as I've obtained British citizenship via naturalisation, and I've provided my certificate of naturalisation as supporting document. I was born in Hong Kong and held a Hong Kong passport, and so I could understand why this mistake occurred.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:16 pm

In that case, I would use the complaints form linked to by @alterhase58 above to make a complaint and request for a replacement "British citizen" passport with the correct details.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

matlau_2862
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by matlau_2862 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:19 am

secret.simon wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:16 pm
In that case, I would use the complaints form linked to by @alterhase58 above to make a complaint and request for a replacement "British citizen" passport with the correct details.
will do - thank you!

matlau_2862
Newly Registered
Mood:

First adult British passport - return of supporting documents

Post by matlau_2862 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:13 pm

I am currently anxiously waiting for the return of supporting documents for my first adult British passport application, as the passport contains an error and I would need one of the supporting documents to rectify the issue.

I have previously paid for secured delivery for supporting documents, and have received my British passport via DHL. Should I expect any SMS notification from DHL with regards to my supporting documents, or would it be completely random i.e. it may just turn up in post.

Thank you!

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Re: First adult British passport - return of supporting documents

Post by rubyracer2 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:56 pm

I got the passport through TNT and the supporting documents through Royal Mail a week later. Got a notification on the day of the delivery from Royal Mail

matlau_2862
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: First adult British passport - return of supporting documents

Post by matlau_2862 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:39 pm

Received my supporting documents today via Royal Mail thank you!

matlau_2862
Newly Registered
Mood:

Error in first adult British passport - could I ask for replacement by attending passport office First Track application

Post by matlau_2862 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:59 pm

There is an error in my first adult British passport, and I have finally have my supporting documents returned to rectify the error. I have called-up HMPO and have received varied response on how to rectify the error. I wonder if I could apply for a replacement by attending my local passport office First Track application? I also wonder if I could simply present my supporting documents during the appointment without needing to leave behind these documents with HMPO and wait for another document return.

Thank you!

matlau_2862
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Error in first adult British passport - could I ask for replacement by attending passport office First Track applica

Post by matlau_2862 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:58 pm

This is resolved! I attended an in-person HMPO Fast Track appointment to ask for a replacement. Provided my supporting documents and today received a correct British passport.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Error in first adult British passport - could I ask for replacement by attending passport office First Track applica

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:25 pm

Congratulations, finally the correct one.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.