ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First point of entry

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

astruso
Newly Registered

First point of entry

Post by astruso » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:30 pm

In the UK naturalisation application I am asked the question:
Where did you first arrive in the UK?

I know the exact date I arrived in 2015 and I know I landed to a London airport, but it was too long ago and I have no idea which. I have tried reconstructing this in various ways (looking for a ticket in my inbox, trying to reconstruct the most likely journey to my flat, looking at a database of old flights) and nothing worked.

However, I know for sure that 2 years later I arrived at a specific airport (I have records), and that date is before the start of my 5 qualifying years. Would it be OK for me to specify that date and port of arrival instead? I am declaring I spent some of the quaitying years as a student and my degree started in 2015 so I would not want this to be an issue.

meself2
Ireland

Re: First point of entry

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:36 pm

Maybe you can just put London?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

astruso
Newly Registered

Post by astruso » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:01 pm

I've seen posts and also heard from friends that they want the specific airport or port of entry

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:08 pm

I don’t think this is a critical fact. London is fine. Not seen a refusal for getting port of entry wrong.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.