ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong application for Child Naturalisation; Need help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

srinivasradaram

Naturalisation for child born in UK.

Post by srinivasradaram » Tue May 30, 2023 8:21 pm

Hi All,

I received my IRL last year (2022) and my 8 years old daughter was born in UK. Her BRP expired mid of May 2023. I am trying to apply for her Naturalisation and I have below doubts.

A) Will her expired BRP cause any issues? (I was thinking of sending the BRP back to Home Office and select the option that says "sent BRP back to Home Office") Or should I select has valid BRP and enter mid of May as BRP validity (if this does not cause any issues, I will go ahead with this)?
B) Does she need a reference from her school (head teacher or teacher) or should it be from GP?

Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.

-Srini.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation for child born in UK.

Post by CR001 » Tue May 30, 2023 8:35 pm

A) Will her expired BRP cause any issues? (I was thinking of sending the BRP back to Home Office and select the option that says "sent BRP back to Home Office") Or should I select has valid BRP and enter mid of May as BRP validity (if this does not cause any issues, I will go ahead with this)?
No issue. You do not need to send it back either. As she has no valid leave, I strongly suggest you get medical insurance for her as she is no longer entitled to free NHS use. You doesn't need to say anything about her BRP. Simply put the truth in the form, it has no effect on her application.
B) Does she need a reference from her school (head teacher or teacher) or should it be from GP?
School ideally.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mushyhuz

Post by mushyhuz » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:43 am

I'd suggest you to renew your tier 2 visa anyway whilst you await a citizenship decision as this can take months and you'd be unable to go out of the country as she'd have no valid leave to remain.

srinivasradaram

Post by srinivasradaram » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:04 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 8:35 pm
No issue. You do not need to send it back either. As she has no valid leave, I strongly suggest you get medical insurance for her as she is no longer entitled to free NHS use. You doesn't need to say anything about her BRP. Simply put the truth in the form, it has no effect on her application.
School ideally.
Thank you CR001 for your reply.

Another clarification, we had to change her school as we had to move house. She was in one school from reception to year 2 and from year 3 she is in new school (just under a year). I asked new school for their details asked in application (passport details and all), they are saying they can't give as they dont know her for 3 years. They gave a reference letter on their letter head saying she is studying in their school, along with that I need their details to fill in application. Am I correct?

JFYI, even the 1st school gave a reference letter and I asked them to give their details which they are yet to give (I am not sure whether they would or not).

What if I go ahead with 2 reference (from friends) and in the cover letter (or in the explanation) I give references from the school?

srinivasradaram

Post by srinivasradaram » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:05 am

mushyhuz wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:43 am
I'd suggest you to renew your tier 2 visa anyway whilst you await a citizenship decision as this can take months and you'd be unable to go out of the country as she'd have no valid leave to remain.
I am on ILR for the past one year. Can I just renew her BRP or is there nothing like that?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:21 am

You can use a letter for reference. The referee form needs to be completed and signed by each referee.

If the school won't, ask a minister of religion or nisre etc and if still not able, a friend should be fine.

You cannot just renew her brp card. You have to renew the visa and pay the visa fee and ihs.

Note that a UK born child does NOT need a valid visa to apply for citizenship.

The downside is that the child cannot travel without a visa and is not entitled to free NHS if they don't have a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

srinivasradaram

Post by srinivasradaram » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:26 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:21 am
You can use a letter for reference. The referee form needs to be completed and signed by each referee.

If the school won't, ask a minister of religion or nisre etc and if still not able, a friend should be fine.

You cannot just renew her brp card. You have to renew the visa and pay the visa fee and ihs.

Note that a UK born child does NOT need a valid visa to apply for citizenship.

The downside is that the child cannot travel without a visa and is not entitled to free NHS if they don't have a visa.
Thanks again. Really appreciate your prompt responses.

I am not sure why school (head teach) is thinking they should have known the child for more than 3 years. What if the child is in reception or just joined school etc.

mushyhuz

Post by mushyhuz » Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:03 pm

srinivasradaram wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:05 am
mushyhuz wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:43 am
I am on ILR for the past one year. Can I just renew her BRP or is there nothing like that?
you would just apply for a tier 2 dependent application using the last CoS you received before achieving ILR. It doesn't matter that you are on ILR your dependents can remain on tier 2 dependent till they become eligible for ILR or naturalisation.

srinivasradaram

Query on supporting documents for Naturalisation.

Post by srinivasradaram » Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:46 am

In the supporting documents for Naturalisation, they are asking for below proof. What can I provide for my 8 years old daughter?

"Proof of living in the UK for Miss ABC for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen"

Looking forward for your replies.

Thanks in advance.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Query on supporting documents for Naturalisation.

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:57 am

srinivasradaram wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:46 am
In the supporting documents for Naturalisation, they are asking for below proof. What can I provide for my 8 years old daughter?

"Proof of living in the UK for Miss ABC for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen"

Thanks in advance.
I am assuming you are registering your daugther using MN1?
Naturalisation is for adults. The 5 or 3 year rule is not applicable to children.
Refer to this link for documents required for children: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... #documents
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

srinivasradaram

Wrong application for Child Naturalisation; Need help

Post by srinivasradaram » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:17 pm

Hi All,

I was told I filled wrong application for child Naturalisation when I went for biometrics. The agent at biometrics centre filled correct application and submitted the application. Not sure if anyone has done same or is it just me. I also learnt that the application fee for child Naturalisation is less than the adult application. I wanted to know if this would have any impact on the process and also want to know how can I get remaining money back?

You guys have been helping a lot, any help here would be great.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:25 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:57 am
srinivasradaram wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Naturalisation is for adults. The 5 or 3 year rule is not applicable to children.
Refer to this link for documents required for children: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... #documents
You were asked to clarify this exact point last week but did not.

You were also given the correct link to the form for children previously in another topic in February.

british-citizenship/query-on-british-ci ... l#p2103887
Char (CR001 not Casa)

srinivasradaram

Post by srinivasradaram » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:25 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:57 am
srinivasradaram wrote:

Thanks in advance.
You were asked to clarify this exact point last week but did not.

You were also given the correct link to the form for children previously in another topic in February.

british-citizenship/query-on-british-ci ... l#p2103887
Sorry, my mistake I was in hurry to submit the application. The agent said he filled and submitted the correct application. I have another application to do for my eldest daughter. I will follow inputs from this forum. I wrote to home office asking them if they can give refund the extra money I paid for adult application. Just waiting for their reply.