ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful in ILR Set O 5 year route July 2023 details

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ST542016
India

ILR Tier 2 General route (5 years)

Post by ST542016 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:05 pm

Hi Team,
We are applying for ILR under 5-year route as we received our Tier 2 general visa and entered UK on 14/08/2018. I have few questions which i have tried checking in various forum but findings are not consistent.
My current 5 years tier 2 general visa start from 14th Aug 2018 to 14th Aug 2023.
Before this visa, I was in ICT long term from Nov 2013 to 06th Aug 2018. (As we got new tier 2 general visa on 07th Aug 2018)
1) Application date - I received my visa in India on 7th Aug 2018 entered UK on 14th Aug 2018 and therefore using various calculator it suggests that i can apply any time after 09th July 2023. However, the i see in forum calculator it says whichever day i choose i should be in the UK exactly 5 years before the application date.
My total absence is not over 180 days as it is just about 64 days in total in over 5 years. Per year max it was 23 days only.
2) When did you first enter the UK? I believe this should be the date of the visa I am using for the ILR route hence the answer should be 14th Aug 2018.
3) Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018? Sorry but this is confusing statement, however I believe in my case the answer should be ‘NO’. Because the visa I am using for my ILR only start from Aug 2018.
4) What evidence will you provide to support the reasons for all absences from the UK and Crown Dependencies? 
I have mentioned that it would be ‘Letter from employer confirming that leaves taken was under annual leave entitlement, also passport pages stamp leaving country and entering UK.

Thanks in advance for your all your help !!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: ILR Tier 2 General route (5 years)

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:35 pm

ST542016 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:05 pm
Hi Team,
We are applying for ILR under 5-year route as we received our Tier 2 general visa and entered UK on 14/08/2018. I have few questions which i have tried checking in various forum but findings are not consistent.
My current 5 years tier 2 general visa start from 14th Aug 2018 to 14th Aug 2023.
Before this visa, I was in ICT long term from Nov 2013 to 06th Aug 2018. (As we got new tier 2 general visa on 07th Aug 2018)
1) Application date - I received my visa in India on 7th Aug 2018 entered UK on 14th Aug 2018 and therefore using various calculator it suggests that i can apply any time after 09th July 2023. However, the i see in forum calculator it says whichever day i choose i should be in the UK exactly 5 years before the application date.
My total absence is not over 180 days as it is just about 64 days in total in over 5 years. Per year max it was 23 days only.
2) When did you first enter the UK? I believe this should be the date of the visa I am using for the ILR route hence the answer should be 14th Aug 2018. Correct
3) Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018? Sorry but this is confusing statement, however I believe in my case the answer should be ‘NO’. Because the visa I am using for my ILR only start from Aug 2018. As the question states "since" your answer will be YES(as this then leads to consideration of your absences for any visa granted after 11 January 2018)
4) What evidence will you provide to support the reasons for all absences from the UK and Crown Dependencies? 
I have mentioned that it would be ‘Letter from employer confirming that leaves taken was under annual leave entitlement, also passport pages stamp leaving country and entering UK. That suffices

Thanks in advance for your all your help !!

ST542016
India

Post by ST542016 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:08 am

Thanks AmazonianX..
May i know of you have any view on point 1 ?
Also in question 4. i belive i have to only declare.leaves taken after 14th Aug 2018.. not anything between 11 Jan 2018 to 14th Aug 2018.

Thanks once again
Satyajeet

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:23 am

May i know of you have any view on point 1 ?
You can apply no sooner than within 28 days before the date your initial visa was issued abroad. There is NO requirement that you must have been in the UK exactly 5 years before applying if on the Skilled Worker visa route.
Also in question 4. i belive i have to only declare.leaves taken after 14th Aug 2018.. not anything between 11 Jan 2018 to 14th Aug 2018.
You are required to declare ALL absences. The 11 January 2018 rule is relevant ONLY to PBS Dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ST542016
India

Post by ST542016 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:56 am

Thanks CR001. Much appreciated.

ST542016
India

Tier 2 general 5 years ILR route (maternity question)

Post by ST542016 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:18 pm

Hi Team,
I am applying for ILR in 5 year route as currently in tier 2 general visa.
I have a doubt regarding maternity date section. My maternity end date will be just few days before our ILR appointment date. Currently in application i cannot enter future end date, so in application it is appearing that i was not in maternity whereas in reality i am on maternity currently and only joining my work few days before the appointment date. please advice.
Note
I have collected all necessary documents such as employees letters to confirm my maternity dates, salary and also my p60/payslip before, during and after maternity .

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 general 5 years ILR route (maternity question)

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:00 pm

The assessment is based on the date of your application, NOT the date of the appointment :!:
So if you apply for ILR now, you are assumed to be on maternity when the caseworker gets to assess your application
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ST542016
India

Re: Tier 2 general 5 years ILR route (maternity question)

Post by ST542016 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:13 pm

zimba wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:00 pm
The assessment is based on the date of your application, NOT the date of the appointment :!:
So if you apply for ILR now, you are assumed to be on maternity when the caseworker gets to assess your application
Thanks Zimba

ST542016
India

ILR date for when main and dependent applying together

Post by ST542016 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:47 am

Hi all,

First i learned that ILR date calculation start from VISA issue date but then i saw some post here which says it is not applicable for dependent. Dependent date calculation start from the date he/she entered UK. Please suggest which is correct.

In my case both me and partner visa issue date is 07 August 2018 and we both entered uk 14th Aug 2018. BRP expiry date is 14 Aug 2023.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR date for when main and dependent applying together

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:00 am

PBS routes, main and dependents, starts from visa issue date.

Date of entry applies to a completely different visa category, ie spouse of British citizen on flr m visa route!!

Different visa categories have different rules!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ST542016
India

Re: ILR date for when main and dependent applying together

Post by ST542016 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:31 am

Thanks CR001.

ST542016
India

ILR SET O , Maternity criteria

Post by ST542016 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:24 am

Hi,
I am in tricky situation. I am applying under 5 year route after tier 2 general. I just finished my maternity period hence don't have pay slip for last month i.e. June.. Since it says on home office website to NOT give any additional pay slip and bank statement, i am not sure to what to give..
i have letter from employer confirming my dates of maternity and also confirming my salary etc ..

I am submitting my application on 17 July and my maternity ended on 10 July 2023.
Just to mention.. i have july pay slip

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR SET O , Maternity criteria

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:22 pm

An applicant may currently be absent from work for any of the following reasons:
• statutory maternity leave, paternity leave or parental leave
• statutory adoption leave
• sick leave
• assisting with a national or international humanitarian or environmental crisis
(providing their sponsor agreed to the absence for that purpose)
• taking part in legally organised industrial action
• jury service
• attending court as a witness
If the sponsor has stated the applicant is currently absent from work for one of these
reasons or has returned from such an absence within the month before the date of
application, they may currently be on reduced or nil pay. You must consider their
salary on their return to work, as stated by their sponsor.
You must also bear in mind the impact reduced or nil pay will have had on their
PAYE records. You should ask the sponsor to confirm the dates of the absence or
absence (if they have not already done so) and check earlier PAYE records if
necessary.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... worker.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ST542016
India

Post by ST542016 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:34 pm

Thanks Zimba. So having read below , I can submit additional PAYE record to show the proof my salary before maternity along with letter from employer..I am sure given my case, providing additional pay slip would not be an issue. Thanks

"You must also bear in mind the impact reduced or nil pay will have had on their
PAYE records. You should ask the sponsor to confirm the dates of the absence or
absence (if they have not already done so) and check earlier PAYE records if
necessary."

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:49 pm

They need to confirm what salary you will be getting when you return. That needs to match the requirements

ST542016
India

Successful in ILR Set O 5 year route July 2023 details

Post by ST542016 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:11 pm

When I was working through my application I thought I might find someone sharing their details after being successful in ILR application. So here it is my post to provide as much as detail possible, even though this forum still has all the answers and it was extremely helpful for my case.

• Calculation of application date used was like that : Visa issue date + 5 year - 28 days (my total absence was under 180 days)
• Took Life in UK test and IELTS B1 test well in advance. (IELTS was only required for dependent as main applicant had done already during Tier 2 visa application).
• Set O form was straightforward but few tricky bits are as follows,
  • Adding all absences from Jan 2018 onwards.
    Entry the UK should be the date you came to UK with the visa your using to apply for ILR.
    Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth? I entered Yes and provided my home country details, and you can include any other country if you have lived
• Obtained letters from employer confirming job status, salary and SOC code. Also absence letter that I was not out of country for more than 180 days.
• For cohabitation proof for 2 years, I manage to get following with both are names
  • o Bank statement x 3 times
    o Mortgage statement x 1
    o Energy letter x1
    o Water bill x 1
    o Council tax x1
• Provided consent form part 1(only main) and part 2 (for both main and dependent)
• For financial proof, just included 2 payslips and corresponding bank statements. I have read here in forum that one month is suffice as far as it shows salary.. But I had specific reason to include additional.
• Included cover letter - as I needed to mention something about my maternity dates. Also I included a table which provided all the absence details.
• I scanned all documents myself including passports (both new and old) Only did pages with stamp on it, and excluded all blank pages.
• Once I submitted my application after paying the fee (super priority), I received the details to book appointment with UKVCAS and uploaded all documents and booked paid appointment there and completed biometric. I received my decision same day under 6 hours.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Successful in ILR Set O 5 year route July 2023 details

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:28 pm

ST542016 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:11 pm
When I was working through my application I thought I might find someone sharing their details after being successful in ILR application. So here it is my post to provide as much as detail possible, even though this forum still has all the answers and it was extremely helpful for my case.

• Calculation of application date used was like that : Visa issue date + 5 year - 28 days (my total absence was under 180 days)
• Took Life in UK test and IELTS B1 test well in advance. (IELTS was only required for dependent as main applicant had done already during Tier 2 visa application).
    Entry the UK should be the date you came to UK with the visa your using to apply for ILR.
    Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth? I entered Yes and provided my home country details, and you can include any other country if you have lived
• Obtained letters from employer confirming job status, salary and SOC code. Also absence letter that I was not out of country for more than 180 days.
• For cohabitation proof for 2 years, I manage to get following with both are names
    o Mortgage statement x 1
    o Energy letter x1
    o Water bill x 1
    o Council tax x1
• Provided consent form part 1(only main) and part 2 (for both main and dependent)
• For financial proof, just included 2 payslips and corresponding bank statements. I have read here in forum that one month is suffice as far as it shows salary.. But I had specific reason to include additional.
• Included cover letter - as I needed to mention something about my maternity dates. Also I included a table which provided all the absence details.
• I scanned all documents myself including passports (both new and old) Only did pages with stamp on it, and excluded all blank pages.
• Once I submitted my application after paying the fee (super priority), I received the details to book appointment with UKVCAS and uploaded all documents and booked paid appointment there and completed biometric. I received my decision same day under 6 hours.
Congratulations

ABC_321
Mood:
India

Re: Successful in ILR Set O 5 year route July 2023 details

Post by ABC_321 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:54 pm

Congratulations, I had Priority and Super Priority options. I regret I have not taken them now it is 8 weeks and haven't heard yet :(
ST542016 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:11 pm

o Mortgage statement x 1
    o Energy letter x1
    o Water bill x 1
    o Council tax x1