ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enquiring about Comming back to UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Arvind Thamilselvan
Newly Registered
India

Enquiring about Comming back to UK

Post by Arvind Thamilselvan » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:11 am

I was in uk for 8 yrs and was in Tier 1 General Visa for 5 years and tried to apply for PR. But it got rejected under 322(5) stating that i was dishonest. and genuine Tax Error. It was in 2016 May. Its been nearly 7 years. I am planning to go to UK on a Tier2 visa or a Tier2 Dependant Visa. Will my previous visa rejection affects me to enter in to the UK???? I was really worried about this concern.. Experts please guide me. It means a lot to me. I am from India

Casa

Re: Enquiring about Comming back to UK

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:25 pm

Arvind Thamilselvan wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:11 am
I was in uk for 8 yrs and was in Tier 1 General Visa for 5 years and tried to apply for PR. But it got rejected under 322(5) stating that i was dishonest. and genuine Tax Error. It was in 2016 May. Its been nearly 7 years. I am planning to go to UK on a Tier2 visa or a Tier2 Dependant Visa. Will my previous visa rejection affects me to enter in to the UK???? I was really worried about this concern.. Experts please guide me. It means a lot to me. I am from India
The Tier 1 General visa category was closed due to the high number of ILR applicants misrepresenting their true earnings to the UKVI & HMRC.
When your ILR application was refused under 332(5) of the Immigration Rules, did you ask for a Judicial Review?
Rule 332(5) excluded the right to a Court appeal, but didn't exclude a JR. See full guidance in the link posted below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 20the%20UK.

As it stands, under Paragraph 9.7.3.of Part 9 of the Immigration Rules you may well be subject to a 10 year ban on re-entering the UK.
See the link to a case study of a failed appeal in the High Court below:
http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2019/673.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Enquiring about Comming back to UK

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:34 pm

I would suggest that you are still under a 10 year ban and even after that period of time is would still be unlikely you would be granted leave.