ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Applic83
Ireland

Re: E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Post by Applic83 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:06 pm

I’m the same! Received evetting email on 22 May. Completed the form and submitted it on the same day. Received evetting no. In an email stating that I’ll be receiving another email for further steps, but this never happened! It’s been more than a month.

Sent two emails on different day to follow up with citizenship team, never received a response other than an auto reply!

I received what appears to be a mass email from them on the 8th of June, stating that they are doing their best and asking all applicants in the vetting phase to be patient!

sairsint
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:30 am

larougastro wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:05 pm
I had emailed them this week and this is the response I received.
Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that you should be receiving an email to commence the e-vetting process in the coming weeks.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 4
I also reached out to them last week and received a very similar response from “Team 4” so at least it’s consistent messaging.

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:50 am

lxk wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:51 am
Palantir wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:21 pm
Complain to your local TD. Show them how the 2023 applications are being processed in a few short months, whilst 2021 and 2022 applicants in many cases haven't even reached e-vetting stage. Utter disgrace!!!
Thanks for the advice. I'll see how I get on with my TD.
I decided to wait 2 months before contacting my TD and yesterday the E-Vetting tracking was updated and the disclosure viewed.
I have no idea why the NVB didn't acknowledge that they were dealing with my vetting earlier especially when the tracking system is there to show the status and a simple entry would have alleviated my concerns.
In my case patience would appear to be a virtue and I'm now hoping that I'll get approval later this year.

Bluebird71
Ireland

Post by Bluebird71 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:54 am

I am also still waiting. I emailed them to ask whether I missed something and I got told.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. Correspondence from this office will issue in due course.

This was two weeks ago and still nothing ? Any advice ?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:26 am

Bluebird71 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:54 am
I am also still waiting. I emailed them to ask whether I missed something and I got told.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. Correspondence from this office will issue in due course.

Unfortunately, all you can do now is wait. They sent a lot of invitations and they (and Garda, on the next step) need to work through them.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

sairsint
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:32 am

Bluebird71 wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

A few of us reached out and received similar responses. We’re all frustrated with this entire process, but as 13,000 of us apparently received that invitation on the 22nd it’s likely going to be a while.

The only real hope I have is that they recently committed (in writing) to complete all 2021/2 applications this year, so we’ll see if they stick to that commitment or not.

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:03 pm

sairsint wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:32 am
Bluebird71 wrote:
The only real hope I have is that they recently committed (in writing) to complete all 2021/2 applications this year, so we’ll see if they stick to that commitment or not.
All I have seen is "Our expectation is that applicants from across 2021-23 will be amongst those invited to citizenship ceremonies over the course of 2023" which isn't as high a level of commitment as I'd hope. Do you have a link to the written commitment you mention?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:20 pm

lxk wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:03 pm
Do you have a link to the written commitment you mention?
I assume https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... -05-23/548 ?
Our expectation is that applicants from across 2021-23 will be amongst those invited to citizenship ceremonies over the course of 2023. My Department intends to communicate with all applicants on a quarterly basis to provide regular updates on progress in this regard.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:39 pm

Its not a commitment…. As its says OUR EXPECTATION
so they are aiming for it, but it’s not guaranteed.

sairsint
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:56 pm

I was referring to the debate link that was just provided and the official notification that many of us received. I agree that you can poke holes in the wording, however, at least they have communicated something positive towards clearing the backlog.

I also think there is some added pressure as a number of 2023 applicants have already been naturalised out of order (under this new process). Therefore, unless they want to break their own policy of processing applications out of sequence, they need to clear the 2021/2 applicants in a timely fashion. They also likely need to do this if they are to continue to process the 2023 applicants at this new pace, which appears to be ~6 months from start to finish.

All this said, it does seem like a monumental effort given they (and the Garda) need to process ~20,000+ 2021/2 applications over the next 6 months. I assume they will hold more ceremonies, but maybe make them a lot less formal just to get through this backlog. Perhaps I'm in the minority by saying this, but it doesn't matter to me if I go a large, formal ceremony. At the end of the day you need to declare your fidelity to the Irish nation and loyalty to the State in front of an official, the ceremony is just an added piece to give it a bit more dignity. So if that's the only requirement, it can certainly be done with a lot less pomp, if only to clear the backlog.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:58 pm

sairsint wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:56 pm
So if that's the only requirement, it can certainly be done with a lot less pomp, if only to clear the backlog.
That's how Dublin one was done in RDS, as far as I know - one day only, less notice, all that. Hopefully they'll do another one between now and Dec, but you never know.

sairsint
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:05 pm

meself2 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:58 pm
sairsint wrote:
So if that's the only requirement, it can certainly be done with a lot less pomp, if only to clear the backlog.
That's how Dublin one was done in RDS, as far as I know - one day only, less notice, all that. Hopefully they'll do another one between now and Dec, but you never know.
I've thought a lot about this entire process and that's really the only way I see them getting through this many applicants. Holding these large ceremonies likely will not be possible. You have limits on space and they also probably require booking well in advance and subject to availability. Knowing the size of the backlog and that people want/need to get on with their lives, it just makes good sense for them to hold smaller, less extravagant (for lack of better terms) ceremonies.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:06 pm

sairsint wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:05 pm
meself2 wrote:
sairsint wrote:
I've thought a lot about this entire process and that's really the only way I see them getting through this many applicants. Holding these large ceremonies likely will not be possible. You have limits on space and they also probably require booking well in advance and subject to availability. Knowing the size of the backlog and that people want/need to get on with their lives, it just makes good sense for them to hold smaller, less extravagant (for lack of better terms) ceremonies.
I've heard on the grapevine there are thoughts to just issue the certs by post, which would certainly cut the waiting times drastically. Time will tell.

sairsint
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:07 pm

White_Pearl wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:39 pm
Its not a commitment…. As its says OUR EXPECTATION
so they are aiming for it, but it’s not guaranteed.
My point in saying they made a commitment was that they put something in writing regarding this backlog and their plans to address it. They are never going to guarantee anything, but what they have said is certainly better than remaining quiet and keeping people in the dark.

sairsint
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:12 pm

meself2 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:06 pm
sairsint wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:05 pm
meself2 wrote:
sairsint wrote:
I've heard on the grapevine there are thoughts to just issue the certs by post, which would certainly cut the waiting times drastically. Time will tell.
That would be another sensible way to address this backlog issue. I'm sure they are looking at all (legal) options and something will have to change.

If they start processing 2023/4 and beyond applications within ~6 months, then I don't think it's much of an issue to go back to these holding larger, formal ceremonies twice a year as that is much more reasonable time for applicants to wait for naturalisation.

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:24 pm

They will not hold more ceremonies, you will be require to sign and take an oath at the office of a notary public or similair.

Its kind of unfair that they started to process 2023 applications…. If they didnt do that the backlog of 21/22 could hv been cleared….
So their commitments are questionable…
But hopefully with the new process of certs it will be quicker for people receiving their naturalisation. As you can see from previous that the approvals roll out just 3/4 months before the ceremonies, and when there are no ceremonies once a file is finalised the application can receive an invite to complete the oath and mandatory fidality form.

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:54 pm

I am somewhat uneasy regarding what is going on as rather than clear the backlog starting from the old years it would appear that INIS have cherry picked 2023 applications in order to test their new system. By coincidence this will bring down the average processing time a lot more than if they cleared the old applications.
As far as commitments are concerned what about the requirement to deal with applications within 2 years when we are now half way through 2023 and there appear to be 2019 and 2020 applications still outstanding?
By prioritising E-vetting and pushing a load onto the NVB they are going to cause, or have caused, an E-vetting backlog.
I'm sure that they are working diligently to work through applications and they have done a lot to improve the system. But what they have done with 2023 applications is unfair if it means that otherwise more resources could have been used to process older applications.
I think that continuing pressure via TDs is a good way to encourage further improvements in the process.
A further thought; could they give us a choice as to whether we would like to go to a ceremony or avoid the pomp and make the declaration in a more efficient manner as White Pearl suggests?

Yksl
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Yksl » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:06 pm

There is an amendment for the Courts and Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2022 recently proposed (Not signed yet into law as far as I could follow). This amendment briefly implies other ways of naturalization other than the ceremony when it is required due to high volume of applications etc.
https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/de ... -06-21/11/
If this bill is passed into law then we may have a higher chance to get approval this year as that is the way to go to clear backlog..

sairsint
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:35 pm

Yksl wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:06 pm
There is an amendment for the Courts and Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2022 recently proposed (Not signed yet into law as far as I could follow). This amendment briefly implies other ways of naturalization other than the ceremony when it is required due to high volume of applications etc.
If this bill is passed into law then we may have a higher chance to get approval this year as that is the way to go to clear backlog..
This is a very logical approach to deal with the current backlog:

“It is envisaged that these alternative methods will be similar to the changes in procedure during the Covid-19 pandemic whereby commissioners for oaths, notaries public, solicitors or peace commissioners could witness the declarations and undertakings. It is the case applicants will have a choice as to whether they wish to make their declarations and undertakings in this manner or whether they do so in a citizenship ceremony.”

Yksl
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Yksl » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:01 pm

sairsint wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:35 pm
Yksl wrote:
This is a very logical approach to deal with the current backlog:

“It is envisaged that these alternative methods will be similar to the changes in procedure during the Covid-19 pandemic whereby commissioners for oaths, notaries public, solicitors or peace commissioners could witness the declarations and undertakings. It is the case applicants will have a choice as to whether they wish to make their declarations and undertakings in this manner or whether they do so in a citizenship ceremony.”
I agree. And honestly there is no other way clearing the backlog of 20,000 applicants while only 4,000 can get citizenship per ceremony and having 2/3 ceremonies per year.

I think those already have a contact with TD(s), it would be more beneficial if they bring this bill and ceremony procedures to their attention instead of asking questions only for specific cases.

Otherwise, math says the backlog will get worse as approval per year is lower compared to new applications.

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:35 am

Yksl wrote:
I think those already have a contact with TD(s), it would be more beneficial if they bring this bill and ceremony procedures to their attention instead of asking questions only for specific cases.

Otherwise, math says the backlog will get worse as approval per year is lower compared to new applications.
Agreed! Definitely worthwhile asking TDs to support the bill and thus more efficient ceremony procedures.

sairsint
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:23 am

After reading it over again it was only a number of amendments to the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 1956, which were all agreed to. It seems to me that this is now in place and the Minister can make use of this when/as required.

I could be entirely wrong, but if true, I’d expect this would be used to manage the current backlog as that’s one the main reasons for such changes to the legislation.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:35 am

It looks like there is a future final step, i.e. signing of the bill by the President.

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/bills/bill/2022/84/

The following page shows which legislations the President signs for 2023.
https://president.ie/en/the-president/2023-legislation/

Yksl
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Yksl » Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:39 am

sairsint wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:23 am
After reading it over again it was only a number of amendments to the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 1956, which were all agreed to. It seems to me that this is now in place and the Minister can make use of this when/as required.

I could be entirely wrong, but if true, I’d expect this would be used to manage the current backlog as that’s one the main reasons for such changes to the legislation.
Not actually as far as I know. It is not signed to the law yet so it still missing the Enactment phase.
The bill is quite compherensive with some points to minor naturalization, changes for continuous residency rule are the ones I could follow since last year when it was first proposed. The ceremony part has been only added recently.

So let's hope for the best and it completes Enactment stage quickly.

sairsint
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:48 am

Great information!

So do we know if it’s cleared all necessary stages (I.e. 5 of each?) and is only waiting to be signed into law?