ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Customer Message

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

tugii20
Ireland

Citizenship Customer Message

Post by tugii20 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:36 pm

Dear Customer,

I am writing to give you an update on changes to how we process Citizenship applications.

As a Department we know that delays in processing times can be very frustrating and I’d like to apologise for any stress or uncertainty it has caused you. The backlogs we are currently facing are an unfortunate legacy of the pandemic when our staff could only attend the office in a limited capacity.

The paper based nature of our current application process meant it was very difficult to process files during that time. This, in addition to the fact we continued to accept applications, has meant a significant backlog has developed. Currently an application for Citizenship takes around 19 months to complete.

I would like to assure you that we are committed to reducing how long applicants have to wait for a decision while addressing the backlog as quickly as possible and improving our customer service.

Improved Customer Service

We recognise part of the frustration experienced by our customers is not knowing where they are in the process. I would like to confirm that our expectation is that applicants from, and before, 2022 will be amongst those invited to citizenship ceremonies over the course of 2023.

We also envision processing the vast majority of the minor applications we have on hand during that time. To achieve this we are holding additional Citizenship Ceremonies this year and next to ensure we have the ability to naturalise as many applicants as possible.

How we are addressing the backlog

We recognise waiting on average 19 months for a decision on an application is frustrating and that it has an impact on our customers' lives. We are doing everything possible to reduce this delay. Citizenship Division is digitising much of its services and is actively moving away from paper based processing. We have also been streamlining how we work.

In recent times we have established a new four stage process that will help us move files along quicker:

> Stage 1: Application Registration
Changes put in place in January mean we have reduced the amount of time it takes to register a file from 7 months to a matter of weeks.

> Stage 2: Application Review
We are in the process of moving a significant number of files from stage 2 to stage 3. Many of you will have received a link asking you to complete Garda vetting recently. Please complete this as soon as possible so we can progress your file to stage 3. If you have already completed or begun the vetting process you have already progressed to Stage 3.

Please note, we are experiencing a high volume of requests for vetting. We are working through these as quickly as possible. Please be patient. If you have queries please contact Citizenship Division and not An Garda Síochána.

> Stage 3: Final Stage Processing
As we receive the results from eVetting we will progress files as quickly as possible. Delays will only occur if we have not received all the information we require and need to contact you again.

> Stage 4: Grant

What these changes mean

Citizenship Division’s current policy remains to process applications within sequence wherever possible. There are however significant changes underway as the Division examines how we can become more efficient.

As we move from our old processing structure to our new model there may seem to be a variation in how we process files i.e. how long it takes to register, process and grant decisions. This will ultimately help reduce how long it takes to process all applications.

As we test out new processes a small proportion of files may be processed out of chronological order. This will not disadvantage older applications but is important to ensure our new process works. This will ultimately help reduce how long it takes to process all applications and help to ensure our new end to end process works.

In an effort to provide more transparency on the Citizenship process we are committed to communicating with you quarterly with email updates similar to this.

While we value feedback from our customers the volume of requests we receive means we ask that you only contact us if it is absolutely necessary. This will allow us to dedicate as much resources as possible to reducing our current backlog.

I hope you found this email helpful.

Kind Regards,

Yksl
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Customer Message

Post by Yksl » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:23 pm

Hi, may I ask if everyone with application in progress received this email or is it only for the ones already in the advance stage etc.
I've received it but my spouse didn't, we both applied in April 2022. I'm not sure why it could be

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:48 pm

That's just happens) The same happen for me and my spouse without any explanation

gurnaam21
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gurnaam21 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:25 am

My spouse got this email but she had received evetting invitation email. I assume anyone who had evetting invitation received this email.

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:03 am

applied JUNE 2021
NO E VETT LINK from Garda SO FAR
nearly 2years now

nephente
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by nephente » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:06 am

I got the eVetting mail and this one too.
Applied in March 2022

sairsint
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:04 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:03 am
applied JUNE 2021
nearly 2years now
I'm curious, when did you get the invitation email to apply for the Garda one?

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:05 pm

sairsint wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:04 pm
tugii20 wrote:
applied JUNE 2021
nearly 2years now
NOT from Garda, invitation link from https://inisonline.jahs.ie/user/login
filled on 24 May

sairsint
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:38 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:05 pm
sairsint wrote:
tugii20 wrote:
applied JUNE 2021
nearly 2years now
filled on 24 May
That's the email I was referring to. I think many of the applicants, myself included, received the e-vetting invitation email on 22 May and are still waiting for the Garda email to begin the e-vetting process. According to the recent statement by the MFJ on 23 May, 13,000 applicants received this invitation email, so I imagine the Garda are doing them in batches as to not overwhelm the system.

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:25 pm

sairsint wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:38 pm
tugii20 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:05 pm
sairsint wrote:
tugii20 wrote:
applied JUNE 2021
nearly 2years now
filled on 24 May
That's the email I was referring to. I think many of the applicants, myself included, received the e-vetting invitation email on 22 May and are still waiting for the Garda email to begin the e-vetting process. According to the recent statement by the MFJ on 23 May, 13,000 applicants received this invitation email, so I imagine the Garda are doing them in batches as to not overwhelm the system.
wow, that's a lot applicants

ackk
Ireland

Post by ackk » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:44 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:36 pm
Dear Customer,

I am writing to give you an update on changes to how we process Citizenship applications.

As a Department we know that delays in processing times can be very frustrating and I’d like to apologise for any stress or uncertainty it has caused you. The backlogs we are currently facing are an unfortunate legacy of the pandemic when our staff could only attend the office in a limited capacity.

The paper based nature of our current application process meant it was very difficult to process files during that time. This, in addition to the fact we continued to accept applications, has meant a significant backlog has developed. Currently an application for Citizenship takes around 19 months to complete.

I would like to assure you that we are committed to reducing how long applicants have to wait for a decision while addressing the backlog as quickly as possible and improving our customer service.

Improved Customer Service

We recognise part of the frustration experienced by our customers is not knowing where they are in the process. I would like to confirm that our expectation is that applicants from, and before, 2022 will be amongst those invited to citizenship ceremonies over the course of 2023.

We also envision processing the vast majority of the minor applications we have on hand during that time. To achieve this we are holding additional Citizenship Ceremonies this year and next to ensure we have the ability to naturalise as many applicants as possible.

How we are addressing the backlog

We recognise waiting on average 19 months for a decision on an application is frustrating and that it has an impact on our customers' lives. We are doing everything possible to reduce this delay. Citizenship Division is digitising much of its services and is actively moving away from paper based processing. We have also been streamlining how we work.

In recent times we have established a new four stage process that will help us move files along quicker:

> Stage 1: Application Registration
Changes put in place in January mean we have reduced the amount of time it takes to register a file from 7 months to a matter of weeks.

> Stage 2: Application Review
We are in the process of moving a significant number of files from stage 2 to stage 3. Many of you will have received a link asking you to complete Garda vetting recently. Please complete this as soon as possible so we can progress your file to stage 3. If you have already completed or begun the vetting process you have already progressed to Stage 3.

Please note, we are experiencing a high volume of requests for vetting. We are working through these as quickly as possible. Please be patient. If you have queries please contact Citizenship Division and not An Garda Síochána.

> Stage 3: Final Stage Processing
As we receive the results from eVetting we will progress files as quickly as possible. Delays will only occur if we have not received all the information we require and need to contact you again.

> Stage 4: Grant

What these changes mean

Citizenship Division’s current policy remains to process applications within sequence wherever possible. There are however significant changes underway as the Division examines how we can become more efficient.

As we move from our old processing structure to our new model there may seem to be a variation in how we process files i.e. how long it takes to register, process and grant decisions. This will ultimately help reduce how long it takes to process all applications.

As we test out new processes a small proportion of files may be processed out of chronological order. This will not disadvantage older applications but is important to ensure our new process works. This will ultimately help reduce how long it takes to process all applications and help to ensure our new end to end process works.

In an effort to provide more transparency on the Citizenship process we are committed to communicating with you quarterly with email updates similar to this.

While we value feedback from our customers the volume of requests we receive means we ask that you only contact us if it is absolutely necessary. This will allow us to dedicate as much resources as possible to reducing our current backlog.

I hope you found this email helpful.

Kind Regards,
Yes, I received same email 8th June to be precise and I have applied for citizenship on behalf of my minor daughter in February 23.

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:42 am

Garda eVett email link received today 7/7/23

1. Citizenship application submitted -23/6/21
2. invitation to fill eVett form on `https://inisonline.jahs.ie/user -17/5/23
3. Garda eVetting link received by email -7/7/23