ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

£500 for appearance at ait fair price?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bebe2

£500 for appearance at ait fair price?

Post by bebe2 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:11 pm

my bro has been charged £500 by a lawyer to rep him in court for his appeal. i think tis is quiet expensive. as his solicitor is charging £250 to pprepare the appeal. even though i know he cant win , he is been misled by this solicitor
his solicitor cant defend him he has to get another person who hasnt even seen my bro just ask him to come early to court so they can have a chart .
here is his case

hi ,
my bro is going to court on 15th dec due to pr refusal, he has decided to divorce his wife meanwhile put in a fresh application, is this possible as we fear his appeal might be refused. here is the previous post below.

hi all
hi, a few of you may have read my thread before, my brother who is separated from his eea wife was refused pr becos his wife eea I.D has expired his lawyer has appeal and the hearing is the 15th dec. he is refusing to get a divorce for religious reasons but am sceptical about the human right route am thinking his lawyer wants to argue that as long as he is still legally married to his wife then he shouldnt be asked to leave the uk .especially as the wife is still here and exercising treaty. could this work? pls help any comment much appreciated.[/size]

John

Post by John » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:29 pm

my bro has been charged £500 by a lawyer to rep him in court for his appeal
Is that a barrister charging the £500?
John

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:55 pm

yes, since he is the one going to court.
hi

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:45 am

John wrote:
my bro has been charged £500 by a lawyer to rep him in court for his appeal
Is that a barrister charging the £500?
Its not that out of the park figure. My barrister charged me 600.
Skeptic

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:14 pm

Our barrsiter charged £1000 i guess back in 2005

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:15 pm

Our barrsiter charged £1000 i guess back in 2005

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:14 pm

You have got to appreciate it is the service charge for the day. If the case runs early in the court day then the barrister will gain time and no doubt use it to prep another case. If it runs late in the court day the barrister will just have to kick his heels as there is little that can be achieved while waiting for the case to run.

You do get a few barristers that run the wrath of the Judges by double booking cases on one day. You get them yo-yoing in and out of the court trying to make sure they do not get caught out.

£500 is a reasonable price, if it is in the London courts that would be a good price.