ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I WON MY APPEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yaelhitch

I WON MY APPEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by yaelhitch » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:40 pm

It has taken 9 months but i finally won my husband to come home. it was lucky that the judge gave a decision on the day as he believed it was a clear cut case, however the PO was really horrible and i have a horrible feeling she might appeal the Judges decision. I am so close to my husband now i can nearly see the visa i just pray that in 10 days the Home office don't put in a appeal.
has anyone had the experience of winning an appeal and then the home office appealing as well??

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:49 pm

It is not unknown for the Home Office to appeal when the judge has clearly made an error.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:02 pm

UKBAbble wrote:It is not unknown for the Home Office to appeal when the judge has clearly made an error.
Good splash of water.
You asked for it.

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:34 pm

i didn't understand your last comment

'Good splash of water.
You asked for it'

was that meant to be good or bad?

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:48 am

yaelhitch wrote:i didn't understand your last comment

'Good splash of water.
You asked for it'

was that meant to be good or bad?
Just let the 10 days pass till the SAT from the Home Office gets back to you. You will know either way by then.
Skeptic

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:19 pm

yaelitch,

What grounds did you win the appeal on?
Oh, the drama...!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:34 pm

As I previously stated, I told you it would be easy for you. Also dont worry about the appeal by the home Office. it is very unlikely that they will do so because your case was clear cut.

The annoying bit that is yet to come, is for your hubby to get his visa stamped in his passport so he can come and join you. It can take up to 3 months, for the HO to notify the ECO who is going to look at file again and then get his finger out and stamp teh passport.

The only way I managed to get them to issue visa, was that I scanned the determinationand then sent it via an emai to the BHC in islamabad.they said they would have to wait for confirmation from HO. Luckily mine only took 6 weeks.

Anyway at least you can be assured that your hubby will eventually join you soon.

Good luck for your future