ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sam123456

Post by sam123456 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:24 pm

hi everyone,

I am new to this site and was really helpful to get these information.

my wife has applied in karachi and is waiting for a decision it has been 4 weeks now :)

i was wondering can i/she call straight to BHC in islamabad and ask abt the status, i checked the website for status and it just says it has been forwarded on this date. if there is a phone number can you guys give it please.

I am so frustrated with all these thoughts of what if they have lost something etc.

:(

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:52 am

imi wrote:Hey guys,

Another quick query and concern, there have been some romours that the British Embassy in Islamabad is moving to Dubai. Has anyone heard about this? If so, will it affect our application process time at all?
It is not a rumor. Its true. This has not been verified if they are moving to dubai or abu dhabi.

In fact, some of the departments are already under the process of moving, for example, the visa writer section (the section which actually stamps the visa on the passport) has already been moved to the UAE. The two immediate changes that would occur because of this are:

1. Higher application fees
2. Longer processing times
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:53 am

sam123456 wrote:hi everyone,

I am new to this site and was really helpful to get these information.

my wife has applied in karachi and is waiting for a decision it has been 4 weeks now :)

i was wondering can i/she call straight to BHC in islamabad and ask abt the status, i checked the website for status and it just says it has been forwarded on this date. if there is a phone number can you guys give it please.

I am so frustrated with all these thoughts of what if they have lost something etc.

:(
The phone number is 0900 10411.

I would advise you dont go there unless the status changes. Usually the status change is accompanied by a phone call from the VAC, but if you dont get the phone call, you should go there anyway.
Skeptic

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:57 am

RiFF wrote:
imi wrote:Hey guys,

Another quick query and concern, there have been some romours that the British Embassy in Islamabad is moving to Dubai. Has anyone heard about this? If so, will it affect our application process time at all?
It is not a rumor. Its true. This has not been verified if they are moving to dubai or abu dhabi.

In fact, some of the departments are already under the process of moving, for example, the visa writer section (the section which actually stamps the visa on the passport) has already been moved to the UAE. The two immediate changes that would occur because of this are:

1. Higher application fees
2. Longer processing times
so you are positve that they have moved the visa section to UAE???...it that why they are taking so long in sending some of the people's visa back to the VAC? how long do you roughly think they will take now? i have bin waiting for 3 months now...please help..my brother thinks they have lost the papers n sumting is wrong that is why they are taking so in sending it back.....

sam123456

Post by sam123456 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:52 am

ohhh no not another problem. the waiting time was long, now it just got longer.. do you guys know why they have moved to UAE? and would this time period effect us(by us i mean the ones who've applied last month )?

RIFF : thanks for the phone number. i wont go there anyway. just waiting for the status to change...

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:57 am

sam123456 wrote:ohhh no not another problem. the waiting time was long, now it just got longer.. do you guys know why they have moved to UAE? and would this time period effect us(by us i mean the ones who've applied last month )?

RIFF : thanks for the phone number. i wont go there anyway. just waiting for the status to change...
when did you submitt it? was urs a settlement visa n were did u go??? i have bin waiting 3 months n so far nufin

sam123456

Post by sam123456 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:07 pm

naz08 wrote:
sam123456 wrote:ohhh no not another problem. the waiting time was long, now it just got longer.. do you guys know why they have moved to UAE? and would this time period effect us(by us i mean the ones who've applied last month )?

when did you submitt it? was urs a settlement visa n were did u go??? i have bin waiting 3 months n so far nufin
wow that is a long time dont know what will i do if my hubby's application takes that long :(.

have applied on 12th of november and she went to karachi, as islamabad was closed, to apply for it, yes it is settlement visa. how abt yours is it settlement visa as well

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:12 pm

sam123456 wrote:
naz08 wrote:

wow that is a long time dont know what will i do if my hubby's application takes that long :(.

have applied on 12th of november and she went to karachi, as islamabad was closed, to apply for it, yes it is settlement visa. how abt yours is it settlement visa as well
yeh it is a settlemnt visa we applied on the 11th sept. i called the home office here in london and all he said was that there hasnt been no update since the day u submitted it so just wait realli? we was told to come back in 2 months it is now 3 so i kinda losing hope n the embassy keep sendn the same email again n again. we went down to the VAC n they said wait till we call u or the status changes. im thinkin of getting n MP to go down to the embassy wiv him....wah u fink

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:28 pm

Yes, the visa processing times are definitely longer than before due to the move. I think, once they are streamlined, they will be all right with the times, but since they are in transition right now, moving as well as processing applications at the same time, it may take time.

The reason for moving is security concerns, as well as making sure that the embassy, does not close every so often due to bomb attacks.

This specially applies to applications made in september and october.
Skeptic

sam123456

Post by sam123456 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:30 pm

naz08 wrote:
sam123456 wrote:
naz08 wrote:

yeh it is a settlemnt visa we applied on the 11th sept. i called the home office here in london and all he said was that there hasnt been no update since the day u submitted it so just wait realli? we was told to come back in 2 months it is now 3 so i kinda losing hope n the embassy keep sendn the same email again n again. we went down to the VAC n they said wait till we call u or the status changes. im thinkin of getting n MP to go down to the embassy wiv him....wah u fink

sorry to hear about this. they are just some lazy ppl who have no idea how it feels to wait. did you contact the home office in here recently if not contact them and tell them the average waiting time for you has already passed(this is what i would do)....VAC will have no idea as it works as delivery service. otherwise see your MP and get a letter from him/her. hope everthing works fine for you. let us know .....keep ur hopes up inshallah you will get a positive answer soon

imi

Post by imi » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:36 am

Thank you very much Riff for the info.

I think they are moving to Abu Dhabi, but not too sure.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:33 am

naz08: Try getting your MP to write a letter at the following address:

islamabad.ukvisas@fco.gov.uk
Skeptic

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:06 pm

RiFF wrote:naz08: Try getting your MP to write a letter at the following address:

islamabad.ukvisas@fco.gov.uk
ill do that thanks my hubbi said he that an MP from pakistan hu is also his uncle said to hubbi that he will make an appointment to the embassy n go down there he feels they have taken far to long with his case, the MP said he will go down there with him.

izzie

Post by izzie » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:27 am

Hi all! Am new to this forum and have jus read abt the BHC being temporarily moved to UAE, and how this is creating delays to visa processing times. My husband submitted his visa application on 20th November in Islamabad, so it's not been that long but the officer in the VAC told him he should get a reply within 40 working days... the wait is sooo horrible and unfair... i can totally understand how the rest of you feel and I pray that all of us get to be with our partners soon (InshaAllah).

Keep smiling :)

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:06 am

izzie wrote:Hi all! Am new to this forum and have jus read abt the BHC being temporarily moved to UAE, and how this is creating delays to visa processing times. My husband submitted his visa application on 20th November in Islamabad, so it's not been that long but the officer in the VAC told him he should get a reply within 40 working days... the wait is sooo horrible and unfair... i can totally understand how the rest of you feel and I pray that all of us get to be with our partners soon (InshaAllah).

Keep smiling :)
hey welcome, i hope you dunt have to wait like i have its been 3 months, anyway where did u hear about it moving to UAE? we was told to cum bk after 2 months but so far nufin, u now it is veri hard being away from ur partners,

izzie

Post by izzie » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:28 am

i kno it's reali difficult... i read ur previous posts and it's just not right for them to take this long wid ur application... have u spoken to ur MP yet?
Ive bin so stresd becuz both me n hubby r jus 20 yrs old n i hope they don't reject his visa on da basis dat we're not 21 yet even tho he did submit the application before the new age rule was made.

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:49 pm

izzie wrote:i kno it's reali difficult... i read ur previous posts and it's just not right for them to take this long wid ur application... have u spoken to ur MP yet?
Ive bin so stresd becuz both me n hubby r jus 20 yrs old n i hope they don't reject his visa on da basis dat we're not 21 yet even tho he did submit the application before the new age rule was made.
They wont rejected it on the age basis because you submitted your case before the 27/11/08 deadline date.

If they do reject it for any other reasons then the only way forward for you is to appeal as you wont be able to make fresh application until you both are 21. I pray it doesnt come to that...Inshallah everything will work out fine, it always does...just hang in there....

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:00 pm

izzie wrote:i kno it's reali difficult... i read ur previous posts and it's just not right for them to take this long wid ur application... have u spoken to ur MP yet?
my hubbi is 23 so he is ok im onli 20 so i gota wait another year if it is rejected i will have no choice but to appeal, im like 90% scared 10% thinkin it will be ok cuz my papers were alright we did everyting right. inshahallah we will all rewarded for out patience.

i havnt got my MP invovled yet i was thinkin of emailin them n tell them that if they dont give me a proper answer i will get my local MP invovled (fought i wud try n scare them frst lol).

sam123456

Post by sam123456 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:06 pm

wow i didnt know islamabad's office is open. my wife had to travel all the way to karachi to submit the application. and how come you were told 40 working days everyone else is told 20 days :)

izzie

Post by izzie » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:29 pm

Sam123456: The Islamabad VAC has been open since 17th November - when did ur wife submit her application? hav u heard anything frm them yet?

I ddnt kno its supposed to take onli 20 days, wen hubby tld me 40, I thought they had given us a really reasonable time - now i'm thinkin maybe the officers in the VAC don't have a clue themselves lol

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:32 pm

sam123456 wrote:wow i didnt know islamabad's office is open. my wife had to travel all the way to karachi to submit the application. and how come you were told 40 working days everyone else is told 20 days :)
Its 60 working days, thats the standard.

sam123456

Post by sam123456 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:25 pm

actually as izzie said they are not sure themselves that is why they are making up the time limit. it suppose to take 3 months.

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:48 pm

sam123456 wrote:actually as izzie said they are not sure themselves that is why they are making up the time limit. it suppose to take 3 months.
Yes 3 months including weekends / 60 working days. VAC tell you anything, just want you off their back....they usually take a guess on the amount of backlog they have.

escoba

SAVINGS!!!

Post by escoba » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:35 pm

Hey guys hope ur all well. I still haven't sent my papers off! Question I wanted to ask you lot was...when filling in the vaf4 form, there's a section on savings from ur spouse. does my partner need to have savings in his account or land on his name?because his saying that he doesn't need to! pls let me know tnx guys :)

sam123456

Post by sam123456 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:41 am

^^you dont need to have land or anything. just a rented room that will be fine for two people to live in. as for savings you should be honest and write the exact amount in your bank as you will submit your bank statements...but it doesnt matter how much saving you have as long as you can manage to live without getting public funds.

@izzie:: we thought it will not open so we decided to go to karachi and submit there on 12th of november..... would we be able to ask them to send the passport to islambad when the visa comes????cuz it is terrible journey to karachi :cry: