ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds evidence for PBS dependent extension when main applies for ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Lchernysh
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Priority for PBS dependant visa extension

Post by Lchernysh » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:39 pm

Hi,

Would appreciate some help to understand priority service options for PBS dependant visa extension from inside the UK.
I apply for ILR under skilled worker route while my partner applies for PBS dependant extension as he is not yet eligible for ILR.

There seems to be no priority available (if he applies from the link provided by HO - https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-u ... ytics=true ) for applicants providing biometrics using ID check app.
In the bellow table there is really no priorities for the skilled worker dependants who apply through ID check , however it seems to be available if you provide biometrics through UKVACs:

https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa ... ide-the-uk

How to make the application to apply through visa application center to make priority service avalable?

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Priority for PBS dependant visa extension

Post by Greenie » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:05 pm

If you really want to pay extra for priority you can bypass the app by clicking on the link that says "I do not have a phone that can use the app" when prompted to download it

However - applications using the app are often decided very quickly - you may find that it a decided earlier than if you pay for and find a suitable priority appt. how urgently do you need the new immigration permission?

Lchernysh
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Lchernysh » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:01 am

Thank you for your reply! It is what I thought.

We just wanted to get his new visa in time before his current expiring in October. He’s just got a new job and he wouldn’t want all this hustle with a new employer if he doesn’t got his visa extension on time.

I haven’t got my ILR yet and will become eligible to apply end of August only.
As his decision depends on my ILR decision, it will not be decided until my ILR granted. So we thought I book my priority ILR appt and submit my husband PBS dependant extension with priority after decision on my ILR.
But as priority doesn’t seem to be an option for application with ID check, now I think I need to apply and book my priority ILR appt and then almost immediately apply for the husband extension the way you described without app to try to book a priority appt for him a bit later than mine to allow a week or so for mine to be decided.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:42 am

Just to be clear, priority service is a UKVI/Hom Office service. It has nothing to do with your UKCVAS biometric appointment, which is a third party agent service.

Priority service is also not guaranteed.

If your ilr is delayed, his application will also be delayed
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lchernysh
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Lchernysh » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 am

Much appreciated, I think I got it reading some threads here, that priority is for UKVI/HO only and it’s not always available, so people just “hunt” it during the nights.

And after visa fee payment(with or without priority) you need to book an appointment to UKCVAS through third party service and the closest appointment could also be in a month or so.

I think I’ll try it on my ILR first to feel the process and after that we will decide on how to proceed with husband extension.
Just good to know what options are available.

Lchernysh
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Maintenance funds evidence for PBS dependent extension when main applies for ILR

Post by Lchernysh » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:23 pm

I’m preparing to apply for ILR under skilled worker route while my husband will apply for PBS dependent extension as he is not eligible for ILR yet. He holds his current PBS dependent visa for 4 + years since 2019.
1. Do we still need to provide maintenance funds evidence for him? If so - how much and what is requirements for them?
2. If we need to provide evidence do I need to sign this “PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor”?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Maintenance funds evidence for PBS dependent extension when main applies for ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:53 am

No and no
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.