ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application Discussion 2022

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

sophieluella
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Passport Application Discussion 2022

Post by sophieluella » Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:20 am

Feeling a bit fed up with the process at the moment. My passport was estimated to be issued on 2nd August but instead had an email to say that I have to re-submit my passport application form as they’ve been unable to contact my witness on several occasions. I’ve sent off a new form with a different witness yesterday. Has anyone else experienced this recently and roughly how long did it set everything back?

smc0502430
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by smc0502430 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:09 pm

smc0502430 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:37 am
It has finally happened after 5 months of posting the same documents back multiple times, hours on the phone to their centre and debating with their webchat agents it has finally been printed and on its way

Timeline
02 March - Application Made
23 March - Application received
10 April - Processing Application
25 April - Request for more documents
15 May - Processing Application
21 May - Documents returned
16 June - Request for more documents (same documents sent back)
12 July - Processing Application
30 July - Printing
01 August - Dispatched
It finally happened, it arrived, so full timeline
02 March 2023 - Application Made
23 March - Application received
10 April - Processing Application
25 April - Request for more documents
15 May - Processing Application
21 May - Documents returned
16 June - Request for more documents (same documents sent back)
12 July - Processing Application
30 July - Printing
01 August - Dispatched
09 August - Passport arrived

Good luck all

smc0502430
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by smc0502430 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:10 pm

sophieluella wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:20 am
Feeling a bit fed up with the process at the moment. My passport was estimated to be issued on 2nd August but instead had an email to say that I have to re-submit my passport application form as they’ve been unable to contact my witness on several occasions. I’ve sent off a new form with a different witness yesterday. Has anyone else experienced this recently and roughly how long did it set everything back?
Resubmission sets back 2-3 weeks unless they find something else, I had to resend the same bank statements and notarised passport copy 3 times

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:29 am

Has anyone submitted an application for first time passport since the 4th of August?
Application submitted on the 4th, day cert of naturalisation received. Documents sent by post same day. Documents received by passport office on the 8th of August, tracker still saying we need your documents before we can progress your application.
Contacted them about it via webchat and they told me they have a slight delay in processing due to the bank holiday, surely that's one day delay then not a week since you got the documents and haven't even opened them yet??

mrworld9
United Kingdom

Post by mrworld9 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:12 am

I submitted my online application on July 27 and sent the document on August 01 but the application status remains on "Application received on 27/7" since then. It's been over 2 weeks and no change in the status. I'm just going to be patient for another week and see what happens. The estimation date says August 31 on the application.
luxurylemon wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:29 am
Has anyone submitted an application for first time passport since the 4th of August?
Application submitted on the 4th, day cert of naturalisation received. Documents sent by post same day. Documents received by passport office on the 8th of August, tracker still saying we need your documents before we can progress your application.
Contacted them about it via webchat and they told me they have a slight delay in processing due to the bank holiday, surely that's one day delay then not a week since you got the documents and haven't even opened them yet??
Life is a journey.........

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:19 am

My husbands still has no estimated date listed on his yet.
In one of the other discussions on naturalisation certificates, someone had submitted their application and received the passport back and all within 2 weeks. Crazy.

4dacraic
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by 4dacraic » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:32 am

I applied online 31/07. Posted the docs on 10/08. I logged onto passport site to check status just now. It is saying ...Processing application We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents...

...The estimated* issue date for your Passport is:
08/09/2023...
luxurylemon wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:19 am
My husbands still has no estimated date listed on his yet.
In one of the other discussions on naturalisation certificates, someone had submitted their application and received the passport back and all within 2 weeks. Crazy.

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:41 pm

Contacted them by webchat today as application still says documents required.
Apparently his application is processing with an estimated issue date of 05/09 but the tracker can take some time to update.

nzrmd
Turkey

Post by nzrmd » Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:40 am

Replying this under passport discussion topic.

This is completely weird, the email clearly states this;

Applicant's Naturalisation certificate (we will also accept a colour copy of Naturalisation Certificate, certified as a true copy of the original by a solicitor or notary public)

I also applied on 1st of August with certified copy of the certificate. It has been on “being processed” status since 10th of August.

I think you should reach out to help center and ask why it is rejected although it is clearly stated.
Gardella wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:40 am
For those of you applying for your first passport now:

A sad and frustrating day. I applied for my first passport on Aug 1, and was given an estimated date of Aug 31. Yesterday, Friday Aug 18, I received an email saying there was a problem. They say they can't process the application without the ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE OF NATURALISATION. So, don't believe the instructions you are given when you apply, which clearly state they will accept a certified copy of the certificate. I made the mistake of doing this. I spent the money for a solicitor to certify a copy of my certificate. You had best risk sending in your original certificate, which we have been told can't be replaced.

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:32 am

They can require the originals of any document in a certain number of cases its up to their discretion. They also tend to send more applications to "secondary verification" if they don't have a PSC card as its their preferred ID document. It isn't right to say they can't process an application without the original cert. I'd ring them Monday and tell them the email you got when applying literally says a certified copy is accepted, and also tell them you will be contacting your TD to make representation on your behalf as the minister literally said in the dail that a certified copy would be accepted.

Edit: we also sent a certified copy of my husbands certificate and if they come back and say the same thing I'll be ringing them and hounding them and getting my TD on to them. They tend to misplace a lot of documents and as you say it can't be replaced.

nzrmd
Turkey

Post by nzrmd » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:45 pm

I just got exactly same email now, they don't accept the certified copy of the certificate at the moment due to internal processes and they offer two options, waiting till they improve the processes or sending the original certificate.

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:32 pm

Now I guess we will have to await the same email for my husbands application.
Wont make a difference now as we will just have to send the original, but you should all write to your TD and complain. I've just done the same.

Its an absolute joke for them to say they are accepted, and then turn around and say they cant accept them.
You have spent money to get it certified, and it will push your passport application back by 2-3 weeks probably.

nzrmd
Turkey

Post by nzrmd » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:21 pm

Well I am tired of this whole process that took more than 2 years for me. I don't get any benefit of reaching out to the TD at this stage. I'll wait 2 more weeks. (actually this delay created huge problem for me, I'm leaving Ireland for 6 months by end of next week, I was expecting to have it beforehand (since the ceremony was 20th June), now I needed to change the address to a friend's address and I'll just pray not to lose the certificate :D, otherwise it will create much bigger problems)
luxurylemon wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:32 pm
Now I guess we will have to await the same email for my husbands application.
Wont make a difference now as we will just have to send the original, but you should all write to your TD and complain. I've just done the same.

Its an absolute joke for them to say they are accepted, and then turn around and say they cant accept them.
You have spent money to get it certified, and it will push your passport application back by 2-3 weeks probably.

Gardella
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Gardella » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:13 pm

Hi all!
I see this was cross-posted here. Thanks @nzrmd!

As an extra data point, I had included a certified copy of my PSC card (though discussions seemed to indicate it didn't need to be certified).

Good luck everyone.
nzrmd wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:40 am
Replying this under passport discussion topic.

This is completely weird, the email clearly states this;

Applicant's Naturalisation certificate (we will also accept a colour copy of Naturalisation Certificate, certified as a true copy of the original by a solicitor or notary public)

I also applied on 1st of August with certified copy of the certificate. It has been on “being processed” status since 10th of August.

I think you should reach out to help center and ask why it is rejected although it is clearly stated.
Gardella wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:40 am
For those of you applying for your first passport now:

A sad and frustrating day. I applied for my first passport on Aug 1, and was given an estimated date of Aug 31. Yesterday, Friday Aug 18, I received an email saying there was a problem. They say they can't process the application without the ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE OF NATURALISATION. So, don't believe the instructions you are given when you apply, which clearly state they will accept a certified copy of the certificate. I made the mistake of doing this. I spent the money for a solicitor to certify a copy of my certificate. You had best risk sending in your original certificate, which we have been told can't be replaced.

mrworld9
United Kingdom

Post by mrworld9 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:00 pm

My Irish passport was delivered this morning. It was printed and dispatched yesterday August 23rd. I think that was pretty fast. Tracking says passport card is being printed and I expect to receive it and the supporting documents at some point next week.

The whole journey took roughly 2.5 years for me but glory to be God in the end. All the best to all those still going through the process. Cheers.
mrworld9 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:12 am
I submitted my online application on July 27 and sent the document on August 01 but the application status remains on "Application received on 27/7" since then. It's been over 2 weeks and no change in the status. I'm just going to be patient for another week and see what happens. The estimation date says August 31 on the application.
luxurylemon wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:29 am
Life is a journey.........

Leek2521
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Leek2521 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:34 pm

First time Irish passport application change of surname with out documents possible ?
My mother is an Irish citizen born abroad to an Irish mother and I was trying to find out for my mum if possible to change her last name back to my her maiden name as my mother is now divorced .
I tried to find out on the application but couldn't see anything .

Thank you in advance

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:06 pm

Leek2521 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:34 pm
First time Irish passport application change of surname with out documents possible ?
My mother is an Irish citizen born abroad to an Irish mother and I was trying to find out for my mum if possible to change her last name back to my her maiden name as my mother is now divorced .

Thank you in advance
Can you please not highlight your text in yellow straight away?
Also why is it a first time Irish passport?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Leek2521
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Leek2521 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:57 pm

Never applied before , been using a British passport

Leek2521
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Leek2521 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:34 am

Leek2521 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:34 pm

Thank you in advance

Leek2521
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Leek2521 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:40 am

So my mother was born outside of Ireland to an Irish mother and never applied for a Irish passport before also my mother is now divorced and wants to revert back to her maiden name and I couldn't find a section on the paper passport application for this. Is it possible to use maiden name or would documentation be needed like change by deadpoll to show name changed back to original ?

Thanks in adv

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:47 am

Leek2521 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:40 am
So my mother was born outside of Ireland to an Irish mother and never applied for a Irish passport before also my mother is now divorced and wants to revert back to her maiden name and I couldn't find a section on the paper passport application for this. Is it possible to use maiden name or would documentation be needed like change by deadpoll to show name changed back to original ?

Thanks in adv
Deed poll name changes appear to be not accepted in Ireland (link is an answer in relation to children's passports, but I can't imagine the deed poll rule is different for adults) : https://www.dfa.ie/passports/documentar ... 20passport.

I'm guessing they will also want two years proof of usage of new name in the case of an adult unless you can provide the three documents listed in this Citizens Information guidance:

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/t ... ertificate

Leek2521
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Leek2521 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:16 am

Thank you Vadrar,
I checked and Citizeninfo.ie stated you need 3 documents and I then I checked with the DFA web chat and the lady said you need only 1 divorce document also will have to send Birth cert to prove egilibility.

ESCJack
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by ESCJack » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:27 am

Hi everyone - looking for some recent insights.

Out of curiosity does anyone know if first-time passport applications are taking longer than the 'estimated' 20 working days? :|

Muzytr
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Muzytr » Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:24 pm

Is there anyone who asked 2nd time resubmit id verification form from garda.

They said they couldnt reach garda.

I will do same things again but there is no logic. How can I control they reach to garda his time.

Is there any logical reason for this ?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:12 pm

What would be a logical solution, if the number is invalid? Keep the application until they could reach someone, which might take an extremely long time?

Talk it through with your Gardai; ask if that has been done before.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.