ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

from holland to uK

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ricky

from holland to uK

Post by ricky » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:02 am

my friend has a dutch nationality and wishes to move and live in UK
i know he doesn t need a visa for 3 months , but after the 3 months are up what does he need to do does he need to register with local authorities
any informations will be highly appreciated

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: from holland to uK

Post by Ben » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:17 am

ricky wrote:but after the 3 months are up what does he need to do does he need to register with local authorities
any informations will be highly appreciated
After three months he needs to either get a job, open a business, or become a student. There is no requirement to register his presence with the UK immigration authorities.

ricky

Post by ricky » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:33 am

thanks benifa
he is planning to live permanently in UK , he is been told he need to register with the police and get a resident card so that in the future he can get a permanent resident card
could someone please give me the link of these info in EU directory been searching but no result
many many thanks

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:37 am

ricky wrote:thanks benifa
he is planning to live permanently in UK , he is been told he need to register with the police and get a resident card so that in the future he can get a permanent resident card
could someone please give me the link of these info in EU directory been searching but no result
many many thanks
He can apply for this Residence Card using form EEA1, found here, should he wish to. However, there is no compulsion to do so, and not doing so does not affect his right to Permanent Residence after 5 years.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:50 am

Actually it is call a "registration certificate" and utterly useless unless you have a non-EEA spouse. In this case there a few circumstances where you may need the certificate.