ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:29 pm

del_piero_3 : whats the progress on your case mate? I am coming back on the 19th (Friday), so hope to see you soon some time.

naz08 : Two advices; one, dont bother with the local pakistani MP as he has no jurisdiction on either the VAC or the BHC. Second, they dont get scared that easily, so you better get your MP from over there to write that letter, fax them and email them at the same time. Dont waste any more time as your case gets fishier by the second.
Skeptic

sam123456

Post by sam123456 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:20 pm

guys,

i found this website of gerry's. it asks for computer number in order to check the status... does anyone know what the computer number might be like (i mean how it will start)

http://www.visadropbox.com/contactus.asp

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:15 pm

RiFF - hey my brother is sorting the MP issue out for me so hopfully they will atleast contact her regarding the issue. hopefully next week we shud have sum kind of news im praying anyway, every1 is talking bout how they are tkin 3 months wiv the visa so it has bin 3 months 4 me so i dont know what 2 say realli. for whose hu are waiting

sam123456 - i wantd to know bout that aswell, wonder which ref number you need, i wana try it aswell,

Duaz
Newly Registered

hello

Post by Duaz » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:30 am

hello

please do alots of dua for me
may allah accept my wifes visa

i have just finished my last pay slip last week
and will be sending my papers soon this week or something

any comments on the 21 age limit law? will it affect me?

only Allah knows best

may allah bless everyone

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:52 pm

RiFF wrote:del_piero_3 : whats the progress on your case mate? I am coming back on the 19th (Friday), so hope to see you soon some time.
Everything is looking up at the moment, check your pm. I pray your missus got the passport back with the visa stamped, I guess you have no wonder you've delayed your return....

del_piero_3

Re: hello

Post by del_piero_3 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:54 pm

Duaz wrote:hello

please do alots of dua for me
may allah accept my wifes visa

i have just finished my last pay slip last week
and will be sending my papers soon this week or something

any comments on the 21 age limit law? will it affect me?

only Allah knows best

may allah bless everyone
Are you or your wife under 21? if not then nothing to worry about....

Duaz
Newly Registered

Post by Duaz » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:26 pm

im under 21 and my wife is over 21

Mr Manchester
Newly Registered

Post by Mr Manchester » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:10 pm

http://www.visadropbox.com/contactus.asp
is the site people had to check 2/3yrs ago about the update on their visa application. When applying you were given a computer number and this has been replaced by
https://www.vfsglobal.org/applicantstatus.aspx
And instead of Computer number we now get Application ref no.
Duaz you will have to wait till ur 21. There is no point in wasting ur money and time applying. You MUST both be 21 or above to apply. I dont agree with this law but you have no option. Good luck to everyone

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:14 pm

Duaz wrote:im under 21 and my wife is over 21
If either party is under 21 then you should have submitted your case before the 27/11/08 deadline. They wont grant visa, so wait before you turn 21 otherwise you will be wasting your hard earn money...well actually I think VAC would not even let you submit your case if both are not 21+....

Sorry dude....how long left before you turn 21?

Duaz
Newly Registered

Post by Duaz » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:20 pm

3 years man :!:

Duaz
Newly Registered

Post by Duaz » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:20 pm

3 years man :!:

imi

Post by imi » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:47 pm

hey guys,

i hope u are all coping well. There is something wrong with the tracking system. When you try to open the page https://www.vfsglobal.org/applicantstatus.aspx
It gives this message:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Does anyone know what is wrong? Or is it just my pc? don't think so though.

imi

Post by imi » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:45 am

hello pps,

the tracking system is working again. I think there was a problem at late night on sunday and it has been resolved now.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:43 am

Hi guys any1 got any news yet regarding there visa? me had no luck as of yet, i have emailed my Local MP to help me out just waiting for her to get back to me now, just pray this visa ting is accepted n over with.

another thing i have a few friends who applied in sept n oct n nov time in lahore as islamabad was closed and 2 weeks later they had there visa issued so its like the embassy isnt giving out visas, so they takin ages with ours?

sam123456

Post by sam123456 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:16 pm

no news yet :(.

how do you find your mp's email and info..... i dont have time to visit him/her i might email later....

i have heard ppl getting visa or a reply after 3 weeks as well, dont know what is going on with us :(

so one question if they are updating the site or recieve replies from BHC after 6pm everyday that means we will not get any phone calls on mondays or friday... that leaves us 3 days each week ??

petalro

Post by petalro » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:57 pm

hi, iv bin readin every1s coments 4 a while now n every1 has been geting difrnt advice my hubi submited his case on the 24th november he was told to come back 10 days tym so he did and the case was stil at the high comision told to go bk 8 days later so he did stil no answer .. some of u r syin it tkes up to 3 months bt im reli confused im thinkin myb ours is gna tke tht long a frend of myn submited her aplication around the same tym but in lahore and was told 2 months i dont think any of the VAC ppl hav a clue themselves

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:10 pm

hi sam - i used this site http://www.parliament.uk/directories/hciolists/alms.cfm

i just put my postcode and found my Local MP, try it and u shud get sumting, just click on the site n get there details, ur right i didnt have time to visit her so i just emailed her, juist waiting now for her reply, god nows what they are doing to our app, my brother scares me by saying they cud have lost the papers thats why they are taking ages, i mean 3 months is absolutley ridiculas, even on the UK border site it shud take max 12 weeks for a settlement visa to process,

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:12 pm

imi wrote:hello pps,

the tracking system is working again. I think there was a problem at late night on sunday and it has been resolved now.
Have you heard anything regarding ur case

izzie

Post by izzie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:45 pm

Hey guys, i need some advice...Am thinking of getting my MP to write a letter to BHC in support of hubi's visa application... only thing is, my MP (Jacqui Smith) is also the Home Secretary so I'm a bit hesitant and unsure as to whether I should get her involved or not... what do u guyz suggest i do? should i contact her or wait a bit longer?

petalro: where did ur hubby submit his application? we submitted on the 20th in islamabad and neva got told to come bak in 10 days like dey seem to have told ur hubby...

Anyone else heard anything yet? :D

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:12 pm

izzie wrote:Hey guys, i need some advice...Am thinking of getting my MP to write a letter to BHC in support of hubi's visa application... only thing is, my MP (Jacqui Smith) is also the Home Secretary so I'm a bit hesitant and unsure as to whether I should get her involved or not... what do u guyz suggest i do? should i contact her or wait a bit longer?

petalro: where did ur hubby submit his application? we submitted on the 20th in islamabad and neva got told to come bak in 10 days like dey seem to have told ur hubby...

Anyone else heard anything yet? :D
what month did u submitt it? if it hasnt been 60 working days well then they are in in limit, n there isnt much we can do we realli? they say it takes up 2 12 weeks for settlemnt visa's to process

sam123456

Post by sam123456 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:15 pm

naz08 thanks for the site i will email him/her bt nt now.... i will wait another 2 or 3 weeks

petalro

Post by petalro » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:59 pm

izzie he submited the case in karachi, hw long hav they given u

sam123456

Post by sam123456 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:36 pm

^^ they are just lying.... dont have clue that is why.

we submitted in karachi as well and were told they will call in 20 days now it is 5th week and still nothing

petalro

Post by petalro » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:51 pm

i gues ya ryt sam dey havnt gt a clue, dey just say random things

imi

Post by imi » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:22 pm

Hi guys,

I hope u are all coping well. Regarding waiting time, i should point out that according to BHC the settlement visa processing time is 60 working days. It might take less than that but 60 days is the official target time. The VAC staff tell you the time frame from their own past experience. For most people whose case are straight forward and have all the evidence needed, takes around 20 working days for the case to come back.
Remember that now the BHC visa section has been moved to UAE, so this adds up to the normal processing time too.

May Almighty Allah bring our waits into a quick and happy end.

Naz08: I still haven't heard anything yet. Just waiting and praying.