ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traffic Offence- Post naturalisation application submitted

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wjrfcca_irl
Newly Registered
Ireland

Traffic Offence- Post naturalisation application submitted

Post by wjrfcca_irl » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:52 pm

Just wanted to know for one of my close friend, what if someone has applied for his naturalisation with clean 5 yr record with no offence until the date of application /submission. After he applied for application, got traffic penalty points or fines lets say after 1 month of applying, will those post application offence be considered by department when assessing the decision OR was it just the 5 years period that was claimed in application actually matters.

2. Further, most importantly in e-vetting, do we only disclose what happens during 5 year of residency claimed OR do we need to declare any offence that occured post application while completing the e vetting at that time as e-vetting process starts in number of months and any offence can occur.

Please share your experiences. Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Traffic Offence- Post naturalisation application submitted

Post by meself2 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:53 pm

1) It might be considered, but traffic offence, especially since it's the only one on the record, doesn't usually have any impact. Tell your friend not to stress about it.

2) Neither of those two - you declare any offences that happened during your lifetime. The list of offences there, though, doesn't include traffic violations if I recall correctly. You can see the eVetting process guide in the pinned topic.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

ILLL
Ireland

Post by ILLL » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:38 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:53 pm
1) It might be considered, but traffic offence, especially since it's the only one on the record, doesn't usually have any impact. Tell your friend not to stress about it.

2) Neither of those two - you declare any offences that happened during your lifetime. The list of offences there, though, doesn't include traffic violations if I recall correctly. You can see the eVetting process guide in the pinned topic.
Unless the traffic offense was convicted in court if I understand correctly.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:40 pm

ILLL wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:38 pm
meself2 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:53 pm

Unless the traffic offense was convicted in court if I understand correctly.
Indeed, thanks for clarifying!
It asks about court judgements which could be caused by traffic offences.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

wjrfcca_irl
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by wjrfcca_irl » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:23 pm

Thanks for your responses.
1. Is there a need to inform the depart of post application offences. If yes the how.
2. Am i correct in saying we only have to declare the court convictions in evetting and not the normal offences occured.

Please share your experiences and thanks for the support

youngmoon
Ireland

Post by youngmoon » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:46 pm

1. Send them an email explaining this. They will acknowledge it. I've done the same and I got the citizenship after a few months. So it should be fine.
2. Yes. That's correct.