ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Family visiting Visa for mother but I am on benefits due to illness. What will I need to help with application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Natsmiami
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

UK Family visiting Visa for mother but I am on benefits due to illness. What will I need to help with application

Post by Natsmiami » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:22 pm

Hi,

I would like some help please, I would like to invite my mom to visit the UK. However I am currently not working due to health which has made me incapable to work therefore disabled and on benefits.

I am a British citizen living in a rented studio, my question is I am eligible to invite my mom for the birth of my child her first grand child?

She has a house that was inherited from her parents, she's retired but work part time to keep her busy. She has a part time job that keeps her busy and a letter from that employer, the pay isn't much. However most of her income comes from renting the property in her home country. She is old school and pay most things by cash, but tentants deposit their rent in her account. The amount in there is around is roughly £3500. The property is in a prime area in her country which I'm assuming will show ties.

I am worried because I'm on benefit they may refuse her visa. My uncle back home (retired Engineer) is planning to sponsor her the flight ticket of £1000.

I would grately appreciate some help how to approach this visa application and if she has enough to state she can be taking care of her own food and expenses while the accommodation will be on my.

Thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Re: UK Family visiting Visa for mother but I am on benefits due to illness. What will I need to help with application

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:27 pm

You have posted this before and received an answer:
general-uk-immigration-forum/visiting-v ... l#p2132689
If you have specific questions please continue in this earlier thread.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.