ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: Complaint for my TIER 1 Application (within UK)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

piyush123

Urgent: Complaint for my TIER 1 Application (within UK)

Post by piyush123 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:02 pm

Hi,

I applied for TIER 1 Visa from within UK. I applied for TIER 1 four months ago, but there is no response from HO till date. Last month, I applied for Urgent Treatment of my case. But there is no reply from HO for that aslo. Whenever I call HO, I get the same reply that "The application is under consideration". I believe that I have the right to know the status of my application/Urgent Treatment Request atleast after such a long time.
So, now I am planning to file a complaint in the 'Customer Service Unit'. Can you please suggest if any one has any prior experience of filing the complaint?? Can it adversely affect my application result??
Please suggest.
Thanks.

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:30 pm

Another alternative will be to contact your local MP and get him to write a letter to the relevant department dealing with your application.

piyush123

Post by piyush123 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:06 pm

Hi dnicky,

Thank you for ur reply.
But I think the alternate solution(Letter from MP) you provided should be opted when the complaint is not handled properly.
This is what I understood after going through the Topic "What to do if you are not satisfied with how your complaint is handled" in the following link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... complaint/

I am just worried that making complaint should not affect my application although this is also written on the above link that complaint and application are handled separately.

So please suggest me should I go for complaint or should try to take letter from local MP.

Senior members please reply.

Thank you.
dnicky wrote:Another alternative will be to contact your local MP and get him to write a letter to the relevant department dealing with your application.

piyush123

Urgent:Senior member please reply

Post by piyush123 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:16 pm

Hi All,

I am looking for your suggestions. As its already 15 weeks since I have applied for Tier1 visa, it seems that no one has started working on my application yet and I couldn't think of any other way to knock HO.

Your suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks.

piyush123 wrote:Hi dnicky,

Thank you for ur reply.
But I think the alternate solution(Letter from MP) you provided should be opted when the complaint is not handled properly.
This is what I understood after going through the Topic "What to do if you are not satisfied with how your complaint is handled" in the following link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... complaint/

I am just worried that making complaint should not affect my application although this is also written on the above link that complaint and application are handled separately.

So please suggest me should I go for complaint or should try to take letter from local MP.

Senior members please reply.

Thank you.
dnicky wrote:Another alternative will be to contact your local MP and get him to write a letter to the relevant department dealing with your application.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:59 am

The fact that your HSMP approval was based on HSMP application made in India, that you entered UK on a WP and have now applied for LTR under Tier 1 (based on HSMP approval) from within the UK could be a reason for the long delay ... I guess, not many people follow the route you have taken and this might have raised some flags in UKBA and maybe they are doing some background checks(??) or even deciding amongst themselves whether or not you should be allowed to do such a thing. How UKBA works... only God can tell!

If the UT form you sent was taken from the link you provided in one of your earlier posts, I don't think UKBA would have even looked at it .. because that (form) was meant for (and maybe still is) for initial HSMP applications ... not for leave to remain applications. Remember that you have applied for LTR and not HSMP approval.

All the best.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tester

Re: Urgent:Senior member please reply

Post by tester » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:42 am

As its already 15 weeks since I have applied for Tier1 visa, it seems that no one has started working on my application yet and I couldn't think of any other way to knock HO.
[
i made my application on 5th Aug 08, and am still getting the same response from CC.

Just wanted to update that you are not alone...let me know what you decide, as far as i am concerned i am thinking about sending an UT request, can you confirm the fax number on which you sent the UT and was it any medical reason you gave ?

Thanks
raj

piyush123

Thanks a lot

Post by piyush123 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:31 pm

Hi sushdmehta,

Thanks a lot for your response and assistance all the time!!!
The good news is that I got the TIER 1 approval last week after a long wait of 4 months. I think that your analysis for my case was correct.

Here I want to thank everyone on this board for their valuable inputs and good luck to all who are waiting for their results.

Cheers.

sushdmehta wrote:The fact that your HSMP approval was based on HSMP application made in India, that you entered UK on a WP and have now applied for LTR under Tier 1 (based on HSMP approval) from within the UK could be a reason for the long delay ... I guess, not many people follow the route you have taken and this might have raised some flags in UKBA and maybe they are doing some background checks(??) or even deciding amongst themselves whether or not you should be allowed to do such a thing. How UKBA works... only God can tell!

If the UT form you sent was taken from the link you provided in one of your earlier posts, I don't think UKBA would have even looked at it .. because that (form) was meant for (and maybe still is) for initial HSMP applications ... not for leave to remain applications. Remember that you have applied for LTR and not HSMP approval.

All the best.

regards

piyush123

Post by piyush123 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:53 pm

Hi tester,

I didn't specify any medical reason for UT rather applied on the basis of Job offer. But, I didn't get any response for my UT request. I posted/faxed many letters to HO. Then I lodged a complaint on the basis that my UT request has not been answered/looked at.

I can suggest you the following:

1. Fax your UT/queries/concerns to these fax# 0208 196 3248 and 0114 207 2932.

2. Also post the same to HO. This is just to ensure that your concerns are reaching HO through all means.If you are in UK, you can post to the Croydon Office of HO.

3. If the UT doesn't work and then you can go for the complaint of your case. Here is the link for the same: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... complaint/

Hope this helps.

Good Luck.

tester wrote:
As its already 15 weeks since I have applied for Tier1 visa, it seems that no one has started working on my application yet and I couldn't think of any other way to knock HO.
[
i made my application on 5th Aug 08, and am still getting the same response from CC.

Just wanted to update that you are not alone...let me know what you decide, as far as i am concerned i am thinking about sending an UT request, can you confirm the fax number on which you sent the UT and was it any medical reason you gave ?

Thanks
raj

push

Post by push » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:58 pm

tester wrote:
[

Thanks
raj
Is your case too is a bit complicated as piyush's case?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer