ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Russian Spouse visa, Need real help with documentation list, intracacies

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Astronomyphilly
Newly Registered
England

Russian Spouse visa, Need real help with documentation list, intracacies

Post by Astronomyphilly » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:00 am

Hi guys,

Well,with the recently announced inhumane immigration changes and the increase in fees that has given us all anxiety and worry, we've decided like many to jump, upend plans and get on with it.

There is a little time and we're waiting on the outcome of a fee waiver but should that be refused or we're getting close to the implementation date I want to be ready to go.

With that in mind can anyone give thier particular list of documents and in what format they were provided along with how you did so. Particularly if youre in Russia or know the usual standard expected. From cover letter what to include to individual documents and format to the various appendix people qoute, its a real struggle for me.

My wife and her son are in Saint Petersburg and like many trying to beat the upcoming fee increases that will affect all of us. We lost our boy in the Ukraine conflict and I haven't seen them since due to a lengthy hospital stay. We'll be having to use the 5 year adequate maintenance route and rules and I'm currently quite unwell, only a little work and receive PIP.

We also have to address sole maintenance of her son.

We're doing this ourselves and can't afford to mess this up due to finances we wont get a second chance, and I know Russians are being heavily scrutinised. Really scared of messing this up, paranoid of refusal down to documents being stapled together or not, both sick with worry.

I've a few neurological issues and I do struggle, especially reading and making sense of the wealth of information on here and the internet. If someone could walk me through it, even the basics and I'll come back as and when, like I'm a child I would appreciate it more than you can know.

Hopefully it would serve as a good current guide to those others in Russia or planning to apply soon too.

Astronomyphilly
Newly Registered
England

Re: Russian Spouse visa, Need real help with documentation list, intracacies

Post by Astronomyphilly » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:59 am

I have or will have the following, if anyone is able to advise or jump in

Accomodation:
1. Original Tennancy Agreement
2.Original deposit receipt
3.Council Tax bill

English Language Requirements
1. IELTS English A1 life skills language test passed 5th October 2023 in Khazakstan

Financial requirements
1 Copy of Original PIP award and details
2. Most recent bank statement showing payment of said benefit into it ( can give as many as I wish but they specifically state just the most recent? )
3 Copy of Universal Credit latest statement

Other
1. Copy of my Passport ( it is now expired though )
2. Copies of her and sons Passport
3. Spouse 6 months bank statements
4. Russian Marriage Certificate
5. UK CNI Certificate Of No Impediment To Marriage from the Registrar
6. UK Apostille for the CNI Certificate
6. Translated and notarised copies of all Russian documents ( stapled together when collected, it’s a law, cannot be separated, is this a problem? )
7. TB test certificate
8. Cover letter from each of us signed and dated

Relationship
1. Whatsapp chat history and 10 A4 pages with screenshots for each month
2. Photos of us together in Russia, 10 or so
3. Copies of all receipts and customs documents for parcels to each other, gifts, birthdays etc
4. Copies of the old visas to Russia in my Passport
5. Copies of flight info and tickets to Russia
6. Copies of specific statements highlighting payments to and from each other.
7. Copy of her Divorce Certifiacte and translation

8. Copy of Court Order signed by both and Judge regarding the Father allowing the child to leave the country and he relinquishes his parental rights. Again, translated, notarised etc.

Astronomyphilly
Newly Registered
England

Post by Astronomyphilly » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:41 am

To add further to that and the sole responsibility issue the Father left when he was 3 and she filed for divorce. I understand he was an abusive drunk towards them both. Judge ruled the child stays with his mother and gave him very limited visitation rights, which he never undertook. No calls, gifts, cards, nothing ever since.

He re married, moved to the other side of the country and had another family. From that point on she has had sole responsibility for raising him, every decision in his life from schooling to doctors appointments, clothes him, feeds him, pays everything to do with him etc etc. Whilst she does this it is a struggle, and she will go without eating to feed him, its very difficult out there and the little guy has few opportunities or luxuries. He currently needs expensive dental work which isn’t really available there and of course is in the UK.

When the Father moved away he was also ordered to pay alimony, he never paid a penny and his debts amount to some £5000, he's been arrested twice, impounded his vehicle and still didn’t pay. It was at this point despite not being in the child's life he became aware of our marriage and exercised his parental right and placed a restriction on allowing them to leave the country. She's spent the best part of a year with lawyers and judges, even meeting with him trying to get it removed. He was still too young for the court to take his opinion into account what he wishes to do.

It was of course just out of spite and to ruin her life, but ultimately agreed to remove the restriction and allow them both to leave the country and waive his rights if she agreed to remove any claim to the debts and alimony he owes.

Had numerous court hearings over many months, he missed all but one, and it was finally agreed upon. That is the document we have mentioned above

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:51 am

Is this one of those BOT postings intending to stir up emotions and make board members question why on earth should the British tax payer to cover the cost of a Russian child's expensive teeth treatment, keeping in mind the vastly underfunded, overstretched state that the NHS is already in?

Or perhaps we should question the validity of the marriage, is she just looking for a meal ticket and way out of that hell hole (unless you are one of Putin's elite) country?

On top of that, there is no way on earth that the OP will be able to support her or her child when they arrive, so let's put that expense on UC too.

And then people wonder why the UK, largely, is fed up with things the way they are.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:49 am

I do not see child's birth certificate in the list of documents. I would expect that it is very much will be needed.
Also I hope both spouse and child hold external (!) passports.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Astronomyphilly
Newly Registered
England

Post by Astronomyphilly » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:09 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:49 am
I do not see child's birth certificate in the list of documents. I would expect that it is very much will be needed.
Thank you yes, good catch!. They do hold external Passports also

Astronomyphilly
Newly Registered
England

Post by Astronomyphilly » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:23 pm

THO wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:51 am
Is this one of those BOT postings intending to stir up emotions and make board members question why on earth should the British tax payer to cover the cost of a Russian child's expensive teeth treatment, keeping in mind the vastly underfunded, overstretched state that the NHS is already in?

Or perhaps we should question the validity of the marriage, is she just looking for a meal ticket and way out of that hell hole (unless you are one of Putin's elite) country?

On top of that, there is no way on earth that the OP will be able to support her or her child when they arrive, so let's put that expense on UC too.

And then people wonder why the UK, largely, is fed up with things the way they are.
Thank you for your enlightened and extremely helpful comments. I'm going to make some observations.

This isn't about teeth or the NHS, that was relevant to the sole responsiblity requirement and that she pays. That said, as is all over these forums and sites after the announcement she will pay more for the NHS than you ever will, be refused benefits no matter what and have paid upwards of £15k to be here and, works. But sure, it's a scam, she's the drain not the illegals housed in luxury hotels to the tune of £10 mill a day

Unless you didn't read all that, which as it's so long I'll give the benefit of the doubt, as someone who paid close to £14k a year in taxes for the past ten and now find myself unwell due to watching my child get blown up and losing a chunk of my skull and ability to walk in the process. So forgive me for claiming the benefits I've paid for and only working part time. There is an adequate maintenance calculation and we meet it, tough for you pal.

As for Hell hole, I'm guessing you've never been or lived there, I have, for 12 years. Perhaps stop listening to the BBC is my suggestion. A world away from the woke shitshow of the west.

I'm as anti unneccesary immigrantion and right wing as you can get but your post is extremely rude, upsetting and offensive. I'm asking for help from the experts to see my wife and child. You'd change your tune had you been through what we and thousands of others are going through.

Astronomyphilly
Newly Registered
England

Post by Astronomyphilly » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:33 pm

Astronomyphilly wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:09 pm
meself2 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:49 am
Thank you yes, good catch!. They do hold external Passports also
Can you please remove and block the above poster. This is not helpful and extremely offensive after going through what we have. It will descend into anti imigration beloved in no time and we're genuinely desperately trying for help here, I thought that's what this place was but this, t's just abuse.
Thanks, and yes she has the external Passports, that's a good catch there.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:08 am

Astro,

I apologise. The post looked like a BOT message to me.

THO.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:07 pm

It is extremely rare for a fee waiver to be granted for spouse visa cases. Please manage your expectations but I wish you the best of luck.