ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gatwick and Dublin airport immigration check

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kna872

Gatwick and Dublin airport immigration check

Post by kna872 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:10 am

Hi There,

I am an Indian national holding a post study visa and travelling from Gatwick UK Airport to India to attend my brother's wedding and upon return to Gatwick I would have to fly to Dublin on the same day. Now my question is, would I have to go through the immigration at Gatwick airport or at Dublin airport? Kindly reply to me as soon as you can as this information would help me immensely in planning my travel to Dublin.

Kind Regards,

Dev

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:56 am

I would like to point out, this is only because other people are having problems. Where did you get your IGS? Which college/uni & what qual?

djb123
Member of Standing

Re: Gatwick and Dublin airport immigration check

Post by djb123 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:46 am

kna872 wrote:Hi There,

I am an Indian national holding a post study visa and travelling from Gatwick UK Airport to India to attend my brother's wedding and upon return to Gatwick I would have to fly to Dublin on the same day. Now my question is, would I have to go through the immigration at Gatwick airport or at Dublin airport? Kindly reply to me as soon as you can as this information would help me immensely in planning my travel to Dublin.

Kind Regards,

Dev
I guess you are wondering if you can get travel to Dublin without an Irish visa...

When you check in the airline should request valid photographic ID, and may well insist on seeing your passport - they then should refuse to let you board the plane if you haven't got a visa. Also I believe now that everyone arriving at Dublin airport is checked for ID anyway.

Even if you did manage to get into Ireland without a visa it wouldn't change the fact that you were illegally entering in the country.

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:19 am

PaperPusher wrote:I would like to point out, this is only because other people are having problems. Where did you get your IGS? Which college/uni & what qual?
Why is that relevant to the op's question?

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:09 pm

KNA872, given how the British and Irish treat the CTA, you'll probably have to go through immigration twice.