ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kofi75

EUSS family permit

Post by kofi75 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:18 pm

My cousin is in Ghana and her husband is sponsoring her for EuSs family permit.She has a 14 year old boy from another' relationship.Would she be able to add the child to the application?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: EUSS family permit

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:10 pm

kofi75 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:18 pm
My cousin is in Ghana and her husband is sponsoring her for EuSs family permit.She has a 14 year old boy from another' relationship.Would she be able to add the child to the application?
Where is the child's natural father?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kofi75

Post by kofi75 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:57 pm

Thank you for the quick response.The child's natural father lives in the United States.The child has been living with her since the dad travelled.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:44 pm

She has to provide divorce certificate from previous marriage. Plus consent letter from Mother and letter from her partner in UK that he is taking full responsibility of the child and mother has no issue with them. Then add the child in the application if you don't have these documents and specially consent from mother and she has the full authority of the child then don't add the child.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:42 pm

kofi75 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:57 pm
Thank you for the quick response.The child's natural father lives in the United States.The child has been living with her since the dad travelled.
How long has it been since the father moved to the USA and does the father have contact with the child ?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kofi75

Post by kofi75 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:49 pm

The father left when the child was very young.There is minimal contact.I will say the mother is basically the sole carer of the cjild