ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries from HSMP Team

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

kiwi_mike
Newly Registered

Queries from HSMP Team

Post by kiwi_mike » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:13 am

Hello,are you aware if the HSMP will send notification to you requesting more information if you have not supplied the appropriate evidence or will they just refuse your application? i.e. if I haven't provided satisfactory evidence for my employment history

Thanks
Mike

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:33 am

Mike,

It depends on the level of deviation from your claimed points vis a vis submitted evidence if any. Since such is unique to all applications there is no definitive answer apart from that. However note that with the recent increase in the number of applicants the HSMP Team is more likely to refuse applications short of documentation especially where none is submitted for a particular points score i.e. income matrix requires two forms of evidence such as letter from employer and pay slips and you only submit payslips - HSMP Team will ask for secondary evidence of income. However if you only submit a letter with your job title and length of employment as evidence of work experience you will get nil points. If application riding on former then HSMP Team will contact you whereas if on latter application will be refused.

Hope that helps.

JayGee

If refused...

Post by JayGee » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:59 pm

Kayalami, if application is refused on the notion of "incomplete" documentation from previous employers, then

a) can I appeal? (application is from outside UK!)

b) do I pay the GBP150 again - on appeal?

c) do HSMP advise you of their reasons for refusing your application?

d) do you go back in the 8 week q?

Tx
PS: My app have not been refused yet (still in process)- however I get the silly feeling that I could just get that!!

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:11 pm

Jay Gee

stop having that bad feeling man!! - I thought you believed in luck!!!

Chill out and be patient, we shall 'cross' that refusal bridge when we get there..But I am hopefful that we wont need that..

As I told you before - enjoy the sunshine!! 8)
Where there is a will there is a way.

JayGee

If only...

Post by JayGee » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:21 pm

Hey Chess...I'm pleased that you are more hopeful than what I am. Lady luck has been with me once - not sure if she is interested in staying and see this whole thing through BUT indeed your, and the other members, support is fantastic and certainly appreciated - don't worry - I'll bite the bullet. :roll:

Btw - sunshine is fantastic in Cape Town - hot but lovely - and hopefully it would mean that upon getting the elusive HSMP that I will be in UK for another summer and missing winter...what a bargain! :D

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:36 pm

JG,

It is normal to be jittery when anticipating events of significance in one's life such as a HSMP application and eventual re-location to the U.K. I will echo comments by Chess that your positivity in overcoming earlier challenges vis a vis your application including it ending in Oz was most encouraging and I am sure it will keep you going to successul processing. Consequently the matter of appeals etc is moot at this point. In any case 6-8 weeks in the context of your obvious achievements and goals to date is not a major time span especially if busy with a thesis - when do you anticipate your viva? In the meantime enjoy the Cape sunshine on our behalf though London has had one of those freak March days where temps are into double figures.

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:45 pm

Well, it suddenly began snowing in NY, so it doesn't even feel like March... :shock:

JayGee

Viva..

Post by JayGee » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:46 pm

Kayalami, iNkosi /Dankie/Many thanks for those encouraging words. If viva means when do I graduate then I am hoping to do so in Sept '04. My thesis d-date is Jun 04 so double the celebrations for MCom+HSMP.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:50 pm

JG,

Presumed thesis was on a doctoral/PhD basis - a viva is a verbal defense of your doctorate thesis to a panel of experts in your field of research. Good luck with the masters thesis and whilst working hard on that is o.k do relax on the HSMP front.

JayGee

Post by JayGee » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:55 pm

No, in SA that is not done - at least on Master's level. Not sure on PhD level though. Also remember I have no formal undergraduate or honours. Admission to varsity - without undergrad or honours - was tough to explain to senate but wisdom prevailed...ha ha ha... :lol:

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:07 pm

Nothing beats the university of life 8) - informal exchange content means I will revert to pm to keep the board neat :wink:

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:29 pm

Kayalami wrote:Nothing beats the university of life 8)
:idea: Ditto that... one hundred million times! :wink:

kiwi_mike
Newly Registered

Post by kiwi_mike » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:56 pm

Thanks for your help Kayalami. I've done a number of different roles with different companies. Total Grad Level Exp is 6 yrs. Problem was for my contract roles I could only get Dates, Position and Salary earned. This was about 2 years of my experience. The other 4 years worth I submitted full job details etc. My application was submitted about 5 weeks ago. I'm now trying very hard to get testimonials for my contract roles on the basis I will get a refusal or request for further evidence.

Cheers
Mike

!xobile
Newly Registered

Previous earnings evidence.

Post by !xobile » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:23 am

Hello,

I am applying through a consultant in bangalore(since I wasnt aware of this forum and also HSMP rules properly at that time).
I have all the documents required for all points section.

In the previous earning section.
I have got the payslips for the previous 12 months and an experience letter from the employer(No salary details on the letter).
Form16 and SARAL for assessment year 06-07.
bank statements showing salary credit entry with the Employeers name.

But my consultant told me that He is aware of a case where the an applicant got nil points since his paylips had the financial year mentioned at the top of the page and not next to the month for which the payslip is.
My payslip looks similar. Now as you all know we generate the payslips using the Workflow ourselves and there is noway we can change the format.

I requested HR dept to give me a letter on the company letter head, with the salary breakup for the last year.
Ofcourse I did not tell them the purpose for obvious reasons.
For which they refused saying that they donot disclose salary information formally on a company letter head.
They can max give me an experience letter, and they said they can speak through phone or in person If any entity wanted such a proof.

Now I am not sure what to do in this situation.
Please advise.

Regards
!xobile

!xobile
Newly Registered

previous earnings evidence

Post by !xobile » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:25 am

Hello,

I am applying through a consultant in bangalore(since I wasnt aware of this forum and also HSMP rules properly at that time).

I have got the payslips for the previous 12 months and an experience letter from the employer(No salary details on the letter).

But my consultant told me that He is aware of a case where the an applicant got nil points since his paylips had the financial year mentioned at the top of the page and not next to the month for which the payslip is.
My payslip looks similar. Now as you all know we generate the payslips using the Workflow ourselves and there is noway we can change the format.

I requested HR dept to give me a letter on the company letter head, with the salary breakup for the last year.
For which they refused saying that they donot disclose salary information formally on a company letter head.
They can max give me an experience letter, and they said they can speak through phone or in person If any entity wanted such a proof.

Please advise.

Regards
!xobile

!xobile
Newly Registered

previous earnings evidence

Post by !xobile » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:26 am

Hello,

Please advise.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: previous earnings evidence

Post by pantaiema » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:33 pm

="!xobile

Do what your consulatnat have told. They are professional and that is what you have paid. Otherwsie where id the point to pay consualtnat if you do not trust them

Pantaiema

!xobile wrote:Hello,

Please advise.

cdraina

My application

Post by cdraina » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:29 am

Hi friends,

Here's my covering letter.

Application sent on 4th July.
Status (UPS): In transit

I haven't sent any Salary/taxation Grid, is that really required. Any one who has an approval without the Grid PLEASE reply to boost my confidence.

!!!Fingers crossed!!!

To,
Highly Skilled Migrants Programme,
HSMP Team,
Immigration and Nationality Directorate,
Work Permits (UK) HSMP,
7th Floor, Fountain Precinct,
Balm Green, Sheffield,
S1 2JA

1st July 2007

Dear HSMP Team,

SUBJECT: Application for Highly Skilled Migrant Programme

This letter is with reference to my enclosed application for the UK Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP). To assist my application assessment, I am explaining the evidences I am providing for the ‘points’ I have claimed.

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you may have any questions or require additional information, please feel free to contact me on:

Ph: XXXX Email: XXXX

Enclosures

1. Academic Qualifications: (For 35 Points Claim)
a. Original Degree Certificate stating that a Master of Business Administration (MBA) was awarded by “Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore

2. Previous Earnings – Salaried Employment: (For 30 Points Claim)

I have claimed 30 points for the gross income (INR XXXX or about GBP XXX+) earned by me from September 27th 2006 to March 31st 2007. As per annexure C of HSMP guidelines I am providing the following evidences:

a. Income Tax Return (ITR) for financial year 1-April-2006 to 31-March-2007. Please note that the actual period of earning (employment) covered under this
ITR was 27th September 2006 to 31-March-2007.
b. Wage Slips from October-2006 to March-2007 (covering the entire amount mentioned in the ITR)
c. Certificate of earning from my employer (Form 16)

3. Age Assessment: (For 20 Points Claim)
a. Indian Driving License

4. English Language:
a. Original TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language) Scorecard/Transcript
b. Document supporting the claim that TOEFL score is recognized by Home Office as equivalent to IELTS 6

Total Points Claimed – 85 Points

Thank you for considering my application and I look forward to your valuable feedback.

Yours truly,

XXXXX