ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inquiry Regarding Impact of Extended Stay Outside the UK on ILR or Visa Extension

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Jib123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Inquiry Regarding Impact of Extended Stay Outside the UK on ILR or Visa Extension

Post by Jib123 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:08 am

Brief History: I am a British citizen got married in 2020 and applied for my wife's spouse to get approved in 2021. Please note at the time of marriage I was a British citizen already.

I am writing to seek clarification regarding an aspect of my wife's visa status and its potential implications on her eligibility for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) or visa extension.

Specifically, my wife recently traveled to our home country for a holiday, where she has been residing for three months and fourteen days. While I understand that there are no specific restrictions imposed on the number of days she may stay outside the UK as per her visa conditions, I am reaching out to you to avail of your expertise and confirm if this prolonged absence may pose any challenges or concerns with regard to her future applications for ILR or visa extension.

Your guidance and insights on this matter would be immensely appreciated

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I eagerly await your response.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Inquiry Regarding Impact of Extended Stay Outside the UK on ILR or Visa Extension

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:25 pm

There will be no issues.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Inquiry Regarding Impact of Extended Stay Outside the UK on ILR or Visa Extension

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:43 pm

There is no absence requirements or limits on the spouse route.

Jib123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jib123 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:27 pm

Firstly, I would like to express my gratitude to you and the relevant authorities for your assistance thus far.

One more question, Regarding the impending visa extension for my wife, I seek clarification on the requisite documentation concerning salary and maintenance funds. Specifically, I am inquiring whether it is necessary to provide evidence of meeting the salary and maintenance requirements for the visa extension process.

Your guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated, as it will enable us to ensure all necessary documentation is prepared and submitted in a timely and accurate manner.

Thank you again for your help.
Very much appreciated.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:58 pm

Yes. The same requirements more or less apply at every stage, up to ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:00 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Jib123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jib123 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:11 am

Thanks all for your prompt response to my query.
Very much appreciated.

Jib123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jib123 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:28 pm

Thanks all for your valuable input this is very helpful.
Clarification regarding Visa Expiry and Extension Process
I am writing to seek clarification regarding the expiry date of my wife visa and the process for her visa extension.

As per my current understanding, my wife's visa is set to expire at the end of December 2024. However, upon checking the online status using her BRP card reference number, it indicates that she has been permitted to work in the UK until July 2025, with no restrictions on the type of employment.

In light of this discrepancy, I have a few questions that require clarification:

When should I initiate the process for extending her visa? Should I follow the expiry date mentioned on the BRP card (December 2024) or the online status (July 2025)?

Considering that physical BRP cards will no longer be issued after 2024, can I use the online status as proof of her right to work in the UK beyond December 2024 when traveling to other countries and returning to the UK?

Regarding the extension process, is it correct that she needs to apply for FLR (M)? Please correct me if my understanding is inaccurate.

Your guidance on these matters would be greatly appreciated as I plan ahead for her visa renewal process. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:48 pm

Jib123 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:28 pm
I am writing to seek clarification regarding the expiry date of my wife visa and the process for her visa extension.

As per my current understanding, my wife's visa is set to expire at the end of December 2024. However, upon checking the online status using her BRP card reference number, it indicates that she has been permitted to work in the UK until July 2025, with no restrictions on the type of employment. It is the BRP card that is expiring by last day of this year as this is being scrapped and a new system is to be rolled out for proving immigration status in UK. This means expiration of BRP on date indicated on it I.e 31.12.2024 does not mean she becomes an overstayed. Rather the date that is important is that which you found when online check was done I.e. July 2025.

In light of this discrepancy, I have a few questions that require clarification:

When should I initiate the process for extending her visa? Should I follow the expiry date mentioned on the BRP card (December 2024) or the online status (July 2025)? Online status, this I presumed was clarified in the decision letter she got from UKVI when application was approved.

Considering that physical BRP cards will no longer be issued after 2024, can I use the online status as proof of her right to work in the UK beyond December 2024 when traveling to other countries and returning to the UK? The HO is rolling out a new system to replace BRP, when is not known exactly but before December 2024.

Regarding the extension process, is it correct that she needs to apply for FLR (M)? Please correct me if my understanding is inaccurate. If she is on the spouse visa route, yes the correct form for extension is FLRM

Your guidance on these matters would be greatly appreciated as I plan ahead for her visa renewal process. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Jib123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jib123 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:07 pm

Thanks very much for all the clarification.
She can travel outside the UK and back to the UK showing her online visa status after 2024.?
Pls, correct me if am wrong.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:13 pm

Jib123 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:28 pm

As per my current understanding, my wife's visa is set to expire at the end of December 2024. However, upon checking the online status using her BRP card reference number, it indicates that she has been permitted to work in the UK until July 2025, with no restrictions on the type of employment.

When should I initiate the process for extending her visa? Should I follow the expiry date mentioned on the BRP card (December 2024) or the online status (July 2025)?

Considering that physical BRP cards will no longer be issued after 2024, can I use the online status as proof of her right to work in the UK beyond December 2024 when traveling to other countries and returning to the UK?

Regarding the extension process, is it correct that she needs to apply for FLR (M)? Please correct me if my understanding is inaccurate.

BRP is NOT an acceptable document to prove the right to work in the UK at all. For the right to work, you need an online code or a positive check from the Home office. BRP will be replaced soon with an eVisa system.

See: Information on eVisas as all BPRs will be phased out from 1st Jan 2025

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:56 am

Jib123 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:07 pm
Thanks very much for all the clarification.
She can travel outside the UK and back to the UK showing her online visa status after 2024.? We await HO/UKVI to roll out the new system first before one can give you specifics of what it is.
Pls, correct me if am wrong.