ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Visa Refusal and Impact on Pending Applications

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Tweetybird
Newly Registered
Brazil

Previous Visa Refusal and Impact on Pending Applications

Post by Tweetybird » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:27 am

Good Day,

I was refused a UK tourist visa twice last year. The basis for both refusal was because they were unable to verify my income based on the supporting documents that I presented. As such, they were concerned as to whether or not I was a genuine tourist. (I am not sure why, as the same information was provided to other embassies, US and Spain included and my applications were all successful).

Fast forward, to Jan 2024, I applied for a job and was successful. My employer applied for my D-COS however its been over a month, and we haven’t heard back. I am just curious to find out if my previous refusals will have a negative impact on the application for a D-COS and ultimately my Skilled Worker Visa.

Best,
A.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Previous Visa Refusal and Impact on Pending Applications

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:37 am

What sector is your job in?

Tweetybird
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Tweetybird » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:54 am

My job is in the education sector.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:00 pm

You are showing the Brazil flag - I am assuming that you are not Brazilian as Brazil has visa free travel to the U.K. for the purposes of visit visas?

DCOS are being held up in general terms, the volume of applications has massively increased due to the changes in the salary threshold’s. Certain sectors are plainly being stood aside until the changes come into force like the private care sector.

Education sector is usually not an issue, this assumes that a state or private school is your sponsor. There has been as increase in nursery roles of late, they are seen as a new abuse route, so are subject to more checks.

Having two visit visa refusals will have no impact on the DCOS. It may have a minor impact on the skilled worker visa, but that would be overcome if maintenance box is ticked on the COS, that assumes no other issues.

Tweetybird
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Tweetybird » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:14 pm

Thank you for the response.
Yes, it is a public school. My employer did confirm that they would select yes to maintenance on the COS.
In any event, I have the require funds (>£1,270) available in my bank account for more than the 28 days as they require. Would that minor issue still exists?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:22 pm

There is no absolute guarantee about a visa, however I am not seeing any issues of concern.