ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Newborn dependent of HSMP on extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mnstar
Newly Registered

Newborn dependent of HSMP on extension

Post by mnstar » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:19 pm

Help please.

I am a South African in the UK on HSMP with recently granted extension for my wife, child and I. My wife is now pregnant and due in October. We have tickets to fly to SA in December for the Holidays.

Questions:
1. With whom do I register the birth?
2. Do I get a UK birth certificate?
3. Do I have to get a passport for the baby or can she be included in mine?
4. Do I have to apply for a visa from WPUK for the baby?
5. Waht do I need if I have to apply for a visa?

Advice is greatly appreciated.

John

Post by John » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:33 pm

Hi, using your numbering :-
  1. Your local Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages. The hospital where the baby is born will be able to give you details.
  2. Yes, but that does not mean your child will instantly be British.
  3. Given that the child will not be British, and therefore will not be entitled to a British passport, you need to ascertain the answer to your question from the South African embassy
  4. Yes, otherwise the child will not be allowed back into the UK
  5. I think the form to complete is the FLR(O). In view of the fact that you are going abroad in December, and it will clearly take time to get a South African passport for your child, you might be inclined to apply in person in the UK .... fee £500! Ouch. Or it might be possible to take the child abroad, using form VAF1, and then apply for his visa in South Africa before you return. Suspect that will be a lot cheaper.
John

mnstar
Newly Registered

Post by mnstar » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:11 pm

Thanks for the advice John.

Will keep you posted on the progress.