ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hypothical Qn: on HSMP to ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Vayu

Hypothical Qn: on HSMP to ILR

Post by Vayu » Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:12 pm

Hi,

Just wondering, say I enter the UK a 2 to 3 months "late" after the start date of my HSMP.

Assume I get extended after my initial year there.

Now fast forward nearly 4 years. The end of my 3 year extention is almost up. What happens then? I am ineligable to apply for ILR as I have only been there 3.75 years. Do they extend the HSMP visa again?

Any advice would be welcome.

Am a bit confused on this one!!! :?

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:15 pm

Since the HSMP is a relatively recent programme, this issue was noted by many HSMP status holders, but has not reached any statistical level in practice yet. Although this may seem to be a hole in the rules, I'm quite sure the HO will deal with it in due course - first, on a per-case basis probably, then a new rule (+ maybe a form and a fee ;) ) will be established...

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:30 pm

This topic was discussed here with the general feedback being 'lets wait till we get there and see what the HO has in place'. I still beleive a fresh HSMP application will be the way to make up for any missing residence time for ILR purposes.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:32 pm

Kayalami's comments and link above INHO is what I think is the case at the moment
Where there is a will there is a way.

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:36 pm

I'm sure it'll come up time and again, so i'll make it a FAQ... Will also move this to HSMP section.