ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamping of Passport - Travelling from Dublin to London

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

ramanan
Newly Registered

Stamping of Passport - Travelling from Dublin to London

Post by ramanan » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:37 pm

Hi all,

I have a similar query to one posted sometime back.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... dd69ac23ff

I am an Indian citizen and am currently working in Dublin. I have recently got my Tier 1 Visa and due to certain reason wont be able to travel to UK atleast for the next few months. I will be travelling back to India next month.

If i delay my trip to UK by 6 months, i was told that i would be asked loads of questions by the immigration officers at the airport to enter the country . That too especially for ppl travelling from india.

To avoid this, i was thinking of doing a quick trip to london just to prove that i have entered the country before.

This poses another problem. Couple of my friends travelled to Heathrow from dublin couple of months ago and they didnt get there passport stamped. There were no passport control basically.

Where can i get my passport stamped, if not in the airport?

Thanks in Advance.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:41 pm

a) You won't be asked loads of questions if the visa is 6 months old and b) you can't get your passport stamped to show you entered from the Republic of Ireland.

ramanan
Newly Registered

Post by ramanan » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:54 pm

Thank you ukbabble.

But is there no way of getting my passport stamped? Like perhaps going to a different airport. stansted or gatwick..

rizwan_ali

Re: Stamping of Passport - Travelling from Dublin to London

Post by rizwan_ali » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:03 pm

if you that much scared you can travel to india then come back to dublin and then go to LONDON, there will not be any prob 100%. but generaly anybody travel from india usualy asked question by UKBA anyway its not a matte of 6 mounth old or new its all upto its validity. hope you will be fine.

you wont get stamp while traveling from dublin to london.