ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR soon - couple of quick queries

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hs159
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR soon - couple of quick queries

Post by hs159 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:28 am

Hi all,

I know that I am going to ask the queries that have been answered in the past but sadly I can’t dig out the archived messages from old forum (not available any more :cry: )

So please bear with me and I’ll appreciate your answers for some basic queries

1. Has anyone been to Croydon recently for their ILR application? If yes then can you please tell me what time is good to be there to be seen same day (I remember somebody saying on this forum that there is no need to queue up at 5am anymore and getting there around 10 am should be fine). Any thoughts/experiences?

2. I am thinking to go to Croydon by train. Which train station is nearer to Home Office? And can I get a decent train connection from London Euston?

I hope it will go well and I’ll let you know about the experience after my trip to home office.

Many Thanks,
hs159.

ILR2
Newly Registered

Post by ILR2 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:25 pm

Assuming you have not been to see them already, this is my reply.

To the first question, the best time is after 1 p.m. Believe it or not but I went there around 2 p.m. about three weeks ago and only had to queue for about half an hour. It was a waste of time though, as I suspected, because they don't comment on existing cases. They just said "keep waiting, if you have any queries then call 0870 606 7766", who will also say the same thing "keep waiting".

To the second question, I think the best way to get there is by tram as it stops on the same side of the road that the HO is located, and not too far to walk. If you have a travelcard you can use the tram. British Rail can be confusing, so if I were you I would take the Victoria (light blue) line train from Euston to Victoria station, and then take a District (green) line train to Wimbledon. When you come out you will see trams waiting, get into the one going to Wellesley Road. It does not take very long from Wimbledon to get there.

If you haven't been yet, good luck and best wishes.

hs159
Newly Registered

Post by hs159 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:48 am

Many Thanks ILR2. I've got my ILR yesterday. Since I didn't read the message untill today so I went to HO about 5.00 am in the morning which I think it was worth it (I had only about 10 people in front of me but later around 7am, there were about 500 people queing behind us). Went inside the building at 8am, paid the application fees (£250) and then seen by the visa officer at 9.10 am. I handed him over my file (including application form, passports, employer letter and other documents). He skimmed through the documents and took copies of my passport and then 20 minutes later he told me that everything is fine and asked to collect my passport in an hour time. Around 10.20 am my token number was called again and I collected my passport with ILR stamped (new style sticket having your photograph on it) and a letter explaining about the ILR. So I walked out of HO at 10.25 am with ILR granted :). It is really simple process as far as you've complete documentation.

All the best to others who're applying for ILR sooner or later

hs159.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:09 am

hs159,

Congratulations and thanx for the feedback.

Good luck with naturalisation in a years time - and all the best for the future.

I hope your stay in the UK will be prosperous and wisdh you the best in all your endeavours.

Dont 'run away' from the forum though :)
Where there is a will there is a way.

mwaitojofu
Newly Registered

Post by mwaitojofu » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:17 pm

hs159,

Congratulations and welcome to the club.

Chess, when are you going to get yours? I hope you will not run from
the forum as your expertise will be still needed.

I find this forum very useful and I benefited alot last year when I was applying for my ILR.

Regards,

bambumbile

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:37 pm

I hope you will not run from
the forum as your expertise will be still needed.
Mwaitojofu,

Osijali Bwana - I am not runing away from the forum...most likely the forum will run away from me

Kwaheri Mzee
Where there is a will there is a way.

ILR2
Newly Registered

Post by ILR2 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:16 pm

Well done. It's always good to hear positive stories like yours. Shows the system is not as bad as the media makes it out to be.

Like the others said, please don't disappear! People in my situation need your insight.

Thanks.

hs159
Newly Registered

Post by hs159 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:32 pm

Many Thanks to all of you for the compliments! Ofcourse I am staying with the forum :) It is such a useful platform to get up-to-date information about immigration related issues and like many others, I myself have benefited from the sheer amount of information posted here.

Best wishes and thanks again,
hs159