ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Univisas

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mkraja

Univisas

Post by mkraja » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:46 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone have information re Univisas (Immigration Consultants) case.?

Any updates on that would be appreciated as there is no information being provided or queries answered clearly by UKBA.

Cheers

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:08 pm

Interesting!

Are they your representative? If so, is there anything you should be worried about in your application?

email257525
BANNED

Hi,

Post by email257525 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:37 pm

Dear,

I know nothing about that case so Dont hold any updates,,,,,,

Good luck and best wishes

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:10 am

email257525

Are you trying to get your post total higher for some reason?

email257525
BANNED

Assistance

Post by email257525 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:18 am

Dear,,,

I am a new member and i am not trying to make my posts higher, but the reason why i am replying to so many posts because

I feel somebody s worries, pain and stress when home office disappoint them or they dont have enough resources to pay the solicitors/consultants fee for tips and advise.

OR also i have seen some people, they are on student visa but dont know much about the system and they really need some one to help them.

So concluding all of the above, i am just trying to answer as much as i can depending on my knowledge/experience...

Hope i am helping the people ....

In return all i am expecting just pray for me and all the Immigrant who wants to stay and contribute to the country...

Wishing you all the best
Many thanks and Regards

mkraja

Post by mkraja » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:29 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your interest. I applied HSMP through UNIVISAS and was refused (on reasons which i still don;t know as I have not seen my refusal letter or documents because they were still at Univisa office when it was sealed and closed by the authorities).

All the papers, passports and educational certificates of clients at UniVisas office were seized by Police & UKBA in April 2008.

First it all went to Eaton House, they always used to say that every1 will be contacted for the documents but they never did.

Then they say that everything has been transfered to Harm & Compliance Unit of UKBA in Croydon. This office is also not giving any clear information or any timeframe suggesstion.

If and when any1 has any update, plz post here. As I guess there are hundreds of Univisa clients who are suffering. Some have there passports seized, some have certificates and other docs seized, for around 9 months now.

Thanx

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:47 pm

All I can suggest is that you get a copy of your file by making a Subject Access Request:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/navigation/foi/

Did you qualify for HSMP, or did univisas "add" information?

Regards

mkraja

Post by mkraja » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:34 pm

PaperPusher wrote:All I can suggest is that you get a copy of your file by making a Subject Access Request:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/navigation/foi/

Did you qualify for HSMP, or did univisas "add" information?

Regards
Thanx PP!

I qualify for HSMP. I had claimed 80 points infact. I still do not know on what reasons i was refused as HSMP team is not sending me a copy of decision letter despite my requests.

As per some newspapers at that time, Univisa ppl were caught on suspicision of facilitation of illegal immigration.

Frontier Mole may have some updates on that.

Mr F M u there??????????????

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:42 pm

Not my area of knowledge - sorry.

Tried to find Univisa on the OISC site, as a stuck off or suspended. Can't find them. Can't find any WWW trace either.

Address of Univisa?

Or name of OISC person at Univisa?

As for advice - follow Paper Pusher - at least that way you will get some info out of the UKBA.

Must admit find it strange that a copy decision is not being sent to you. That is a swift check on the system and a duplicate print of the RFRL. That is not going to kill someone to perform.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:56 pm

See also UNIVISAS
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:03 pm

Vinny,

The link just gets me to a page of IT techno junk?
Is it a server problem?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:14 pm

Try here then (for a discussion on Univisa).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:16 pm

Thanks

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:26 pm

Hindustan Times article about Univisas staff

People article

I guess if the police siezed passports and documents as evidence as part of the case, it won't be returned until everything is over, no matter whose property it is. If the case is over, I suppose the OP should be able to get their stuff back, as long as it is not forged.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:36 pm

I can understand why some Univisa clients are a little upset.

There seems to be a mix of good old honest visa apps and a few shall we say "enhanced" applications.....

Lots of lost documentation and a few application fees that did not make it to UKBA - obviously neither did the applications.

Not aware of anything about this as I said.

Wonder what the link was to various colleges etc and if any of those colleges were among those closed down in the intervening periods after the raid on Univisa?

mkraja

Post by mkraja » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi,

As Univisas were a big firm of solicitors ( as they claimed to be), there were loads of different types of immigration matters (students, hsmp, igs, visit, settlement etc and etc) they were dealing for, I guess, thousands of clients.

I have these updates on that case.

Currently, Harm & Compliance Unit of UKBA, in Croydon are dealing with the case. Previously it was being dealt by Eaton House.

This case is scheduled in Isleworth Crown Court (Ph: 0208 380 4500)

On 26th Jan 2009, its scheduled for Directions
On 21st Apr 2009, its scheduled for initial trial.
On 5th May 2009, actual trial will start.

This trial may take around 10 weeks after May, so we can expect an outcome somewhere around August/Sep 2009. This case is linked to two other cases.

2- J K Sharma & Rakhi Shahi (OISC registered) are in Wormwood Scrubs Prison (Hammersmiths).

Hope it helps some.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Univisa update

Post by PaperPusher » Wed May 06, 2009 6:32 pm

Visa scam gang let in hundreds - Sun article for an update on Univisa.

The Sun reports that Jatinder Sharma has pleaded guilty to some offences. The article also reports that of 117 files analysed, 113 contained bogus information.

And so the case drags on for the other two defendants.

sadhu

Post by sadhu » Wed May 06, 2009 6:53 pm

paperpusher -- is it the reason all applicants from Oct/Nov,2008 have been waiitng for the psw visa? Do you have any idea how many more weeks/months HO will take to clear them?Regards.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed May 06, 2009 7:04 pm

Unless some people previously applied using Univisas, I cannot see that it is related. Univisas was raided in February 2008 according to the article.

I have no idea how long UKBA will take to clear the cases that PSW applicants made in October/November last year.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Univisas update

Post by PaperPusher » Wed May 27, 2009 8:08 pm

Gang 'ran UK's biggest visa scam' - an article by the BBC

Another update, this time mentioning an allegation that £64,000 was taken to a college and that a reporter was offered a post-graduate diploma in business administration.

It also says that the prosecutor said "The Home Office system was designed to operate with trust. The evidence shows it was naive in its conception and a shambles in reality."

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Univisas - bogus colleges and PSW apps - convicted today

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:26 pm

There may still be people out there who used this firm, so here we go:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 424015.ece

"At least 1,000 illegal immigrants are known to have used Univisas as a gateway to enter or stay in the UK, but The Times has been told that the true figure is likely to be more than 4,000.

The couple, Sharma, 44, a solicitor and Shahi, 31, are believed to have earned at least £3 million from their role in the fraud.

Individuals running one of the London colleges that provided them with sham certificates and diplomas are thought to have been paid £9 million for their work.

Employees at the London School of E-Commerce supplied fraudulent material, including degrees, diplomas and employment material, to the criminals. It ran only one questionably accredited nursing course, but had a huge number of clients on its books."

PAGEL
Newly Registered

rE ... UNIVISAS

Post by PAGEL » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:25 am

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 424015.ece

CHECK IT OUT ..... NO1 WILL GET EXTENSION FROM UNIVISAS

Limbu Timbu
Newly Registered

Post by Limbu Timbu » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:27 pm

Pagel..copy cat!

Rajaali

Post by Rajaali » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:09 pm

here is the recent determination from the student of London School of E-Commerce which was a sub division of Univisas:

http://www.ait.gov.uk/Public/Unreported/IA188332008.doc

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:43 pm

http://www.ait.gov.uk/Public/Unreported/IA180492008.doc

The determination above is more interesting.