ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**23 weeks passed** and still waiting

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tester

**23 weeks passed** and still waiting

Post by tester » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:30 am

i posted same query on thread http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic. ... start=1380 but wanted a wider audience to see and respond hence starting a new thread

Current status : Awaiting consideration
Switching from WP -> Tier1 General (In Country application)
Application posted : 05th Aug 08
Received letter confirmation with case ref : 07th Aug 08
Ref : PB314xxxxxxxx

I have called them hundreds of time and they have the same old reply, that the case is under consideration and that HO will contact me if more information is required. Sick and tired of this response from them.

Questions
=======
1. Is anything aware of the maximum number of weeks that HO can hold the application?
2. Some guidance needed in case i think about withdrawing the application, do they send any cover letter once the application is sent back to us??
3. If i ask for an UT (my mom is sick back home in India and need to see her), will they confirm via letter if the UT is accepted?

Thanks,
Raj[/url]

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:55 am

Well a very lucky few get the approvals with in a week's time and the very unlucky few get the approval after 20 weeks.

So unfortunately, for what ever reason your application has fallen into that category. Since you say, you called them up several times and you know the current status, so I am afraid there is nothing much you can do at this stage than to sit and wait.

There is still nothing wrong in calling them up once in a week to find the status.

tester

Post by tester » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:56 pm

webhunter wrote:Well a very lucky few get the approvals with in a week's time and the very unlucky few get the approval after 20 weeks.

So unfortunately, for what ever reason your application has fallen into that category. Since you say, you called them up several times and you know the current status, so I am afraid there is nothing much you can do at this stage than to sit and wait.

There is still nothing wrong in calling them up once in a week to find the status.
hi webhunter thanks for your response....

Can can any other member respond to my questions please?

push

Post by push » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:10 pm

tester wrote:
webhunter wrote:Well a very lucky few get the approvals with in a week's time and the very unlucky few get the approval after 20 weeks.

hi webhunter thanks for your response....

Can can any other member respond to my questions please?
As I said on your other post, is your case straight forward?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

nangvil

Post by nangvil » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:02 pm

Tester,
I can completely sympathize with your current situation. I submitted my application for Tier 1 extension under HSMP on 29 Nov 08, still waiting myself(albeit not as long as yours!). I've made travel arrangements to see my family next Sunday in Asia, which I don't think is going to happen now.

I called HO yesterday requesting for update, lady on the line told me: Your case is under consideration anything else I can help you with.... that sums it all up...

My previous/present experience with HO is dreadful. Try calling them and you keep getting the same old message that 'all agents are busy'...call back later...disconnect.

Hope you get yours soon, fingers crossed:)

tester

Post by tester » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:23 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
push_hsmp, I guess not, as i am converting my current WP status to Tier1 (General) and before that i was with another WP in uk itself...so i have more than 2-3 visas stamped on my PP....Not sure if they are digging all the old graves.

tester

Post by tester » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:30 pm

nangvil wrote:Tester,
I can completely sympathize with your current situation. I submitted my application for Tier 1 extension under HSMP on 29 Nov 08, still waiting myself(albeit not as long as yours!). I've made travel arrangements to see my family next Sunday in Asia, which I don't think is going to happen now.

I called HO yesterday requesting for update, lady on the line told me: Your case is under consideration anything else I can help you with.... that sums it all up...

My previous/present experience with HO is dreadful. Try calling them and you keep getting the same old message that 'all agents are busy'...call back later...disconnect.

Hope you get yours soon, fingers crossed:)
Nangvil, thanks for your comments. My exp with HO has not been smooth either so i guess am used to this kind of treatment from them...however my argument is that one should atleast be informed accordingly if its going to take say 6 months (its already 5 now for me)...how can HO expect that one shouldnt make any travel plans for this long....

Even i had made travel plans in Nov, which obviously i had to cancel (thanks to HO).....more than just cancelling its bloody affecting psychologically now...i even started getting nightmares now :-(

Finally i have decided to call it off as i mom is really sick now in India and have to make travel plans...hence would submit UT on Monday.

push

Post by push » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:20 pm

tester wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:
push_hsmp, I guess not, as i am converting my current WP status to Tier1 (General) and before that i was with another WP in uk itself...so i have more than 2-3 visas stamped on my PP....Not sure if they are digging all the old graves.
Then it is a straight forward case. Having earlier UK VISA should not be seen as negative (if not positive) unless there was some breach of conditions of earlier leave. Anyways instead of trying to guess whats wrong, the best thing would be to keep chasing HO.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:40 pm

I suggest, why not a clear cut letter to HO explaining ur circumstances thro recorded delivery. Generally, letter would/should get u some response.

nangvil

Post by nangvil » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:53 pm

I think u should write a letter to HO clarifying the situation. It's definitely outwith their published 6 weeks and 14 weeks standard times.

The most frustrating experience is to call them. In my past experience, they either tell u: Your case is still under consideration or Your documents have been sent to you/A letter has been sent to you. They don't seem to be able to explain further beyond that.

UKBA doesn't seem to understand the frustration and anxiety we're going through and appreciate the importance of owning a travel document.

GJ10
Newly Registered

Post by GJ10 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi Tester,

I had posted my application on the 25th Sept and still have not recieved any reply. Its WP->T1, and i also have visa stamps other then the current WP.

Had sent them two urgent treatment request as i had made travel arrangements in November and December.

Finally around 10th Dec, i recieved letter from them, requesting salary slips for the last three months. HO recieved these on the 15th Dec. Have not heard anything after that.

The current job market is becoming worse by the day and not having the travel document is so frustrating, it makes one feel like a prisoner.

Same as you, i am not sure about my options. I am thinking of withdrawing the application.

Wish you luck.

GJ10
Wp->T1
Sept 25th

salam123

Post by salam123 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:14 pm

GJ10 wrote:Hi Tester,

I had posted my application on the 25th Sept and still have not recieved any reply. Its WP->T1, and i also have visa stamps other then the current WP.

Had sent them two urgent treatment request as i had made travel arrangements in November and December.

Finally around 10th Dec, i recieved letter from them, requesting salary slips for the last three months. HO recieved these on the 15th Dec. Have not heard anything after that.

The current job market is becoming worse by the day and not having the travel document is so frustrating, it makes one feel like a prisoner.

Same as you, i am not sure about my options. I am thinking of withdrawing the application.

Wish you luck.

GJ10
Wp->T1
Sept 25th
please take my advice don't withdraw the application.........wait for few more weeks.......

mbasaaga

Post by mbasaaga » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:34 pm

Ji GJ10,

Did you hear anything back? I applied for a dependent visa for my family from UK and the status is awaiting further consideration.

What does awaiting further consideration mean? Do they get a response very late?

coolchap

Post by coolchap » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:47 pm

Please dont withdraw the application guys.....

All the effort, time and money you guys have put in will mean nothing.

I understand its difficult but guys be stong n Im sure God will answer ur prayers...

My friend changed his status from WP to Tier 1 last yr April and it took him 3 months to get the Approval. But this way too long...

HO should atleast give some proper response on the current status.

We have paid £750 n they respond as though they are doing a free service.

Hope for the best guys.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
WP - Tier 1

Submitted on - 4th Feb
Ref Letter - 5th Feb
Status - Hoping for the best!!

Good things happen to those who wait!!