ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regards ILR application for spouse and living address

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sreeni

Query regards ILR application for spouse and living address

Post by sreeni » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:59 pm

hiya mods, I have decided to start this question on a different topic as it is different to the older topic,

My wife has got her visa and is living with me in a house that is not owned by us (uncles) we are the only ones living in it but we pay no rent,
the problem i am worried about is that all my bank, work place etc etc have my old address which is my parents house, this house is just across the road so i still use it for my mail/bank/work. Will having this address on all my documents cause a problem if my wife uses our new address and i use the old address? since i have noticed that this ILR which my wife will need in 2yrs seems to want both husband and wife to have letters with same address.

the solution i see would be telling my work/bank etc to change to the new address or my wife using the old address for all her documents as well, so that we have same address.

but would it be a problem as this would mean our mail all went to the old address but we are living in the new address.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:04 pm

Documents used in evidence should be addressed to both of you at the address where you reside.

If this is not possible - you would have to explain to HO the reasons why your correspodence went to a different address which is apparently different from the one where you reside :roll:
Where there is a will there is a way.

sreeni

Post by sreeni » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:26 am

the reason is becuase the old address is my parents house across the road, and we mainly stay there during the day, but sleep in this house, my parents house only has 2 bedrooms, 1 for them 1 for my brother.
Also note i do not own either house nor do i pay any rent.

But this excuse seems stupid so i guess it is better if i change my bank, work etc etc to the new address. And also use the new address for my wifes documents from now on too.